Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP]How can i play WOW offline? (Without an internet connection)[HELP]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
*bump*

:blink: still can find it hard to believe that you could play any MMORPG's to offline mode...

Master Summoner
Reaction score
wait, why did you bump it?
And as said yes, you can, providing that you play a server hosted on a local PC.

Reaction score
title says it all ;D

I just wanna play WOw offline on my computer without internet access. Anyone know how or have a tutorial?

Cheers

You cant. Its all internet based. Of course you can play wow on your own without anyone entering the server. But find a guide on that. there are some above ^. :):cool:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hey, guyz.. if i download the repack can i play the game already or do i have to have to download the game client and its files?
if i need the client then i cannot play this game. because in installing the client i need to use the internet and here in our office i cannot connect to the internet. because its been blocked by our administrator if this kind of application is going to use, like connecting internet automatically when running the client

guyz can i have a copy of your CDs in wow?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It can be played off line, There are many F2P that doesn't need a connection even though its an MMO

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You mean you want to make a server and play it offline or play retail/private servers offline??
If you create a server using the guide here then you can play it without any internet connection though you will need one to dl the necessary files

Is it even legal to create private WoW servers.... isnt that stuff copyright infringement?

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
As cypher said, as long as you don't pull any poop, Blizzard doesn't care. By poop, I mean massive population and, here's the big one, real money sales for in-game rewards. That constitutes unfair competition. Nobody has ever been sent a cease and desist over small servers and especially no single-player servers.

As far as the offline play goes. Run everything off localhost (127.0.0.1). Localhost runs off the internal loopback interface (Redirects outgoing packets back into the host computer) rather than the net-connected interface. Everyone has a loopback interface, even without any net connectivity. Basically is the equivalent of a LAN (Local area network) server without being on a real LAN, instead the LAN consists of only your computer.

Last edited:
Back