Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Final Fantasy XI] Nasomi Community FFXI Server ~ Free Final Fantasy XI!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nasomi Community Server

Nasomi Community FFXI Server
Great community server with an active player base, we're aiming at re-creating that CoP era experience. This game isn't your average easy MMO, it has depth, content, and longevity that is unsurpassed by any other.

We can be found at Nasomi Community FFXI Server

All rates are set at retail. Holiday events are planned regularly. This is not a "I want to win now" game, it's a time investment, and a lot of fun!

Unlike many others out there, we have reliable enterprise level servers with nightly backups so that we can be sure there is no data loss and no need to "start over".

Server Specs:
Two (2) Intel Xeon E5405 Quad Core CPU @ 2ghz
16gb ECC DDR2 Ram
Windows Server 2012 Datacenter w/Hyper-v
2x500gb 7200RPM SATA HDD's in Raid0 (OS)
5x180gb SAS SDD's in Raid5 (VM storage)

Game Specs:
Everything is at retail rates as they were in CoP/ToAU era (xp, movement, death penalty, gil)
Expansions up through ToAU are enabled. No WoTG, Moogles, Abyssea.
Subjobs at 18, advance jobs at 30
NM's such as Leaping Lizzy drop the classic, non-ex Leaping boots.

nasomi - [Final Fantasy XI] Nasomi Community FFXI Server ~ Free Final Fantasy XI! - RaGEZONE Forums

nasomi - [Final Fantasy XI] Nasomi Community FFXI Server ~ Free Final Fantasy XI! - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You lost me at "retail rates"
Retail rates are where it's at!

Unfortunately I don't think that we'll be seeing FFXIV with private servers, the game is just to complex. If it were done, there would be no duty finder, but all the instances would be really time consuming to do.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is only for 64 bit users not work for 32 bit?
Sorry about the late reply.

This works on both 32 and 64bit os's. The default is 32bit, but the special instructions are for people who have 64bit.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The server has come a long way. With over 100 regular players, things have really taken off. The community is great, and with a starting economy people are gathering and crafting as well.

Server hardware was significantly upgraded as well. Now running on 3 poweredge 1950's with 8 cores and 16gb ram each in failover configuration with shared storage running solid state drives for maximum I/O from the sql database. Network speed has been boosted as well thanks to the 48 port gbit managed layer 3 switch and hardware link aggregation for all the servers.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nasomi.com seems to be down, how can I connect to this server? It is everything me and me friends have been looking for!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I hope you found us! We suffered a brief outage due to extreme weather, which resulted in 72hr of power loss. After 24hr I transfered the physical server to the hotel and fired it up there and had things up and running.

I'm also relauching hte website in coming days, so it will have many new exciting features, such as AH purchases and LS chat! But those are later, mainly now you can view character info and region info, as it's a work in progress.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i dont think any vet would quit the retail servers for a p-server with retail rates even when theirs ppl working on/finished Relic's, Mythic's, Empy's, lets not forget crafts dont take it the wrong way but i dont see whats the point

Back