Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The $450 new gamers build!

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Update: I'm not keeping up with this anymore, and I cannot delete my own thread.

I noticed there is always a lot of posts here asking for a budget build for a gaming computer, so i figured I'd make a thread offering my opinions on the best bang for your buck as of 07/09/2015.

Spent a long time on this build...testing different theories and weighing power potential against price increase, and the build I have come up with should in theory play new AAA releases in Medium to High settings. Now this build is just the box itself, no operating system or peripherals are included in it, but for what it is...it's a great deal.

So let's get to the products:

First off due to this being a budget build I had to go Bulldozer, I won't get into the argument over which is better, i5 or FX-6300, this is for a most bang you can get for as little money as possible, and the FX-6300 is the best choice for this. The cheapest i5 you can buy still cost half the price of this entire build for minimal gains!

Second I went with the Asus mobo because it offered the higher clock speed, that our RAM has, at the lower price. Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Then for the money saved on the processor and mobo I beefed up the GPU a bit to pick up the slack, so after much debate I went with the R9 280 3GB from XFX, I'm not much of an AMD GPU fan myself, but like the CPU...most bang for your buck here.

8GB of 1600 DDR-3 was chosen next by Team Dark. Cheap, easy, and sexy.....just how i like them ;)

Case was the easiest choice, cheap and with a power supply that would run everything chosen? I'm IN! Doesn't hurt that it's not to bad of a looking case ;)

Ok ok...I'll just get to the link now....hopefully this will help anyone out just coming into the Master race. This build is specifically for people who cannot drop a large amount into a new box but still want to game big....all parts can be upgraded one at a time and in a year or so you have yourself a top notch rig!

I will update this weekly, if time allows, to keep up with tech upgrades and price (hopefully) downgrades!

Link:

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Updated the case and RAM...Elite Plus RAM has heat sinks and is the same price as the regular now....Raidmax is having a sale on one of their bad butt cases with a 500 watt PSU.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I used to have an FX-6300, it will struggle with CPU heavy games (ArmA 3, DayZ SA/Mod) but it's ok for the most part. With a little overclocking of course. The R9 280 is quite a power hungry card, like the rest of the series. It's an alright build for someone who wants to get into PC gaming and stuck with a small budget.

Reaction score
There's a higher probability of me being struck by lightning before I ever go back to AMD :lol: But honestly, this is a real good build! I mean like ησвяαιη said, it's a good build for someone with a small budget, but wants to be able to PC Game! Although, I'd personally go for Intel > AMD!

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The basis of this build is a strong platform that won't require alot of money to make super powerful....

Upgrading 1 piece at a time you can have a bad butt gaming rig in less than a year with this build by simply adding some RAM one month, upgrading the PSU the next month, CPU another month....all the while gaming AAA releases.

I have a FX-6200 with a slight overclock and have no problem gaming new releases at Ultra....GTA V runs smooth as butter. An Intel processor that is the equivalent of this FX-6300 would cost more than this entire build LOL

Reaction score
The basis of this build is a strong platform that won't require alot of money to make super powerful....

Upgrading 1 piece at a time you can have a bad butt gaming rig in less than a year with this build by simply adding some RAM one month, upgrading the PSU the next month, CPU another month....all the while gaming AAA releases.

I have a FX-6200 with a slight overclock and have no problem gaming new releases at Ultra....GTA V runs smooth as butter. An Intel processor that is the equivalent of this FX-6300 would cost more than this entire build LOL

Oh yeah, that's totally agreeable upon! It's a fantastic build which is upgradeable over time.

And yeah, I spent $460 on my new CPU :lol:

Helper for everyone
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
i have the same processor and amd r9 270 OC model ..its pretty well for now

The World Is Yours
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty good build for its price. I've spent around the same amount of money but my build isn't any better.

AMD FX-4100 3.6 GHz
6GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GT 610 2GB GPU
550w PSU
500GB 7200rpm HDD

All on the same motherboard you chose. I previously had an NVIDIA GTX 570 1.25GB GPU but after a while it got fried.

But anyway, considering I'm on a very low budget, this thread has been somewhat useful to me, thanks :thumbup1:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Are they any other case we can use? Like A Black And Red One =D Or Purple And Black =D

And is it better then the current one i got?

BXic8vo - The $450 new gamers build! - RaGEZONE Forums

I need to be able to play a game called Tera Online In Full Specs + Recording In HD Would it be able to do it?

I check specs Processor is 8 Rating Graphics is 9 And Ram Is A 9 Rating all i need to know is what other cases can i get?

Also do we need a cpu cooler or anything else?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Damn that's cheap for a gig like that
Did I really post this?

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Monolith Im gonna be buying this rig are they anything i need to be worried about? or anything i need to look out for? or get any extra things?

and would i be able to play games like? Titanfall, Battle Field,black ops 3, things like that? In good high quality?

Last edited:
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Monolith Im gonna be buying this rig are they anything i need to be worried about? or anything i need to look out for? or get any extra things?

and would i be able to play games like? Titanfall, Battle Field,black ops 3, things like that? In good high quality?
i ahve a pretty similar build (except for the graphic card wich died and now im stuck with gt 610 until next month) and i dont have problems playing blade and soul in high settings.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can spend 40 extra dollars on upgrading any part should I change price set it what should I upgrade?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@natzugen

if you got a moment i was wondering something. Im building my new pc im just wondering if i have enough power to support all my parts.

5 LED Red Fans- 12 W
3 HDD Drives- 1TB And 2 500 GB
R9 280 XFX 3 GB GPU
AMD FX 8350 CPU
MSI Gaming 970 MB
Hyper Master 212 CPU Cooler
32 GB DDR3 Ram
3 LED Strips- 12-15 W

my PSU Is 1000 W EVGA Gold.

Atleast Die Trying...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
natzugen

if you got a moment i was wondering something. Im building my new pc im just wondering if i have enough power to support all my parts.

5 LED Red Fans- 12 W
R9 280 XFX 3 GB GPU
AMD FX 8350 CPU
MSI Gaming 970 MB
32 GB DDR3 Ram
3 LED Strips- 12-15 W

Pretty sure that 1000w will do justice mate. i believe it will suit your needs

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@natzugen

5 LED Red Fans- 12 W
R9 280 XFX 3 GB GPU
AMD FX 8350 CPU
MSI Gaming 970 MB
32 GB DDR3 Ram
3 LED Strips- 12-15 W

For that setup 1000W is over kill. You could run two 980 Ti's on a 1000W PSU. Save some money and go for a 750W PSU, leaves plenty of head room for upgrading in the future as well. In my personal opinion you should only purchase brand new PSU's rather than used or refurbished ones, since it's basically the thing that can make or break your system.

Just my two cents :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For that setup 1000W is over kill. You could run two 980 Ti's on a 1000W PSU. Save some money and go for a 750W PSU, leaves plenty of head room for upgrading in the future as well. In my personal opinion you should only purchase brand new PSU's rather than used or refurbished ones, since it's basically the thing that can make or break your system.

Just my two cents :)

Ive had the PSU for about a week or two now im just waiting for my GPU and CPU to get here had to send my GPU back since it got fried with my old motherboard thats why it wasn't working on the apu. so im waiting for that and i bought amd fx 8350

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
AMD is bad I have it do not use that to game with...

AMD is not bad. Ryzen just came out and out perform Intel on there 6700k and 6900k

AMD is a good budget system as this was the system i started out with and i was able to play titanfall and other games at high details including mortal kombat x which is CPU dependent. FX 6300 is not a great cpu but is good for a budget. I would recommend upgrading to 8350 or getting a ryzen cpu now.

R9 280xfx is great but just recommend getting rx480 now.

So AMD is not bad. There decent for budget system.

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
AMD is not bad. Ryzen just came out and out perform Intel on there 6700k and 6900k

On a side note Ryzen did beat Intel in 4k definition gaming and production work but intel is still a little better for gaming in 1080 and lower definitios, ryzen its cheaper tho.

Back