Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ordered an Alienware!

Reaction score
I love my Asus G73JH, but it's not exactly portable. It's a beast and plays almost anything, but it weighs about as much as a baby and is probably bigger than one. I can take it places in my backpack, but i never have enough space to actually use it because i actually NEED to have it on a desk of some sort.

So, i got a great deal on an Alienware M11x brand new from Dell for $845 inc tax, delivered.

Alienware M11x, Lunar Shadow
Overclockable Intel Core i7 640UM (4M Cache, 2.266 GHz Max Turbo Frequency)
4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 800MHz
Alienware M11x 90W A/C Adapter
11.6-inch WideHD 1366x768 (720p) WLED
1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M
Personalized Nameplate (The Rish)
Personalized Nameplate Trigger
AlienFX Color, Terra Green

Should be delivered on October 17th, can't wait! :bounce:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Awesome man :laugh:. But that's why I didn't get an alienware laptop, the gpu wouldn't really cut it for me as it's supposed to be a "gaming" laptop. I love alienware laptops, but you need to lay down some big dosh if you want a decent gpu in it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Need some screenshots!

Rishwin - Ordered an Alienware! - RaGEZONE Forums

Enjoy!

Seriously though, when you get it hook us up with some pics :eek:tt1:

Reaction score
Awesome man :laugh:. But that's why I didn't get an alienware laptop, the gpu wouldn't really cut it for me as it's supposed to be a "gaming" laptop. I love alienware laptops, but you need to lay down some big dosh if you want a decent gpu in it.

Well for the games that i actually do play, the 335M is more than enough. It doesn't have the biggest screen so it's not going to be for "gaming" but more as my main everyday PC, but i still wanted it to be able to play my usual games without a problem. I simply couldn't justify an extra $300 for the newer model with the 540M, and i had a $315 coupon code for this one so that was just GREAT.

I had a 9" netbook a while back which although handy, the screen was just a little bit too small and the keyboard was too squashed, not to mention it had an onboard GPU and a Celeron chip. I am very excited to have an i7 and 4GB of 1600MHz RAM with a 1GB dedicated GPU on something with such a small form factor, and being an Alienware just tops the cake cos they keep their value VERY well and the retail price for this back in Australia is closer to $1,500.

I'll get it and then see which lappy i like best, if i don't want to keep both i can easily sell 1 of my lappys for $900-1000 so that will more than cover the cost of this one.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice one, Rish. Need to get my laptop fixed, stuck on this old thing. I think you'll enjoy the Alienware more than the Asus, simply because it's a little faster. I can't wait for you mate! :laugh:

Eeeh I think the Asus he already has beats the living snot out of the Alienware.

Reaction score
Oh yea, my Asus has a quad-core i7 with 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 and a 5870M with a 17.3" LED. Problem is though, that all of that uses a HUGE amount of power, so a) it's heavy as balls, b) it's power hungry and the battery lasts 90 mins MAX, and c) it's too big and bulky to actually be used "on the go".

It's pretty much a desktop replacement, and that really does mean that it actually needs a desk. Now that i'm on holiday and now that i'm actually needing a portable PC, i'm seeing the downside of having this powerhorse.

I also got the M11x for $845 while the brand-new price in Australia is closer to $1,500. Even if i do use it for a while then decide to sell it, I'll at least be able to get $1,000 for it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, my Asus has a quad-core i7 with 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 and a 5870M with a 17.3" LED. Problem is though, that all of that uses a HUGE amount of power, so a) it's heavy as balls, b) it's power hungry and the battery lasts 90 mins MAX, and c) it's too big and bulky to actually be used "on the go".

It's pretty much a desktop replacement, and that really does mean that it actually needs a desk. Now that i'm on holiday and now that i'm actually needing a portable PC, i'm seeing the downside of having this powerhorse.

I also got the M11x for $845 while the brand-new price in Australia is closer to $1,500. Even if i do use it for a while then decide to sell it, I'll at least be able to get $1,000 for it.

I know that feel bro. I used to own a XXODD (dutch sager spinoff). It was such a beastly laptop at that time. It had an actual Q6600 (desktop version) as cpu, 8gb ram, 3x 250gb hdd in raid 0, sli 8600m gt. Wouldn't even last 30 minutes on battery. It was so powerful but not really designed for dragging around all the time. I think it's weight was around 4kg.

pic

Rishwin - Ordered an Alienware! - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
Yea i love the high-end stuff but to me Alienware was always out of my budget because i could always get something just as good for a bit cheaper. they simply aren't cost effective.

But Alienware laptops hold their value VERY well, you're only looking at losing 10-15% of the value in the 2nd hand market when you do come around to selling it. I was stoked when Logicbuy had a $315 coupon code for it because Alienware stuff NEVER goes on sale, it's just one of those things which usually have a pretty universal price but still make sales due to their status.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know much about this kind of stuff but I hear Alienware is the shitz.

Then don't post

It's that simple

y u post count hungry?

Anyways, i 've heard that building a computer with your own components would be better and be more.. cost friendly no?

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The -only- thing that woudl bug me about that laptop is the odd resolution, Ive found many of my games I liek to have mobile dont work on that oddball res :-(

Other then that, what a find! Great mini-size with a fantastic processor.. will keep you busy long into the night surfing the web and gaming a (little) bit =)
\

Grats!

Reaction score
The -only- thing that woudl bug me about that laptop is the odd resolution, Ive found many of my games I liek to have mobile dont work on that oddball res :-(

Other then that, what a find! Great mini-size with a fantastic processor.. will keep you busy long into the night surfing the web and gaming a (little) bit =)
\

Grats!

Yea that bugged me too, i would have preferred 1440x900 tbh but oh well. Worst case scenario I'll just have to use registry tweaks to force that resolution with some games.

From what I've seen it has a fullsize keyboard which i hope is true because there's nothing i hate more than undersized keys which have been squished together.

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Great deal for that price!

My problem with alienware rigs has always been that they look like a crossover between the Millennium Falcon and a dildo. But I guess if you're in to that kind of stuff it's fine. :p:

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yea that bugged me too, i would have preferred 1440x900 tbh but oh well. Worst case scenario I'll just have to use registry tweaks to force that resolution with some games.

From what I've seen it has a fullsize keyboard which i hope is true because there's nothing i hate more than undersized keys which have been squished together.

Is it possible to tweak the registry so the system can have a higher resolution?

Reaction score
Is it possible to tweak the registry so the system can have a higher resolution?

You can't force a resolution your monitor/GPU can't handle, but you can force an application/game to use a resolution that it doesn't have native support for.

So Dell had my delivery date as the 17th October, i told them i needed it sooner so they gave me a free upgrade from 7-day shipping to Next Business Day shipping (usually like $25)... How good is that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Goin Goin Gone!
Reaction score
Alienware brand is so sexy. congratulations. :p

Back