Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

AMD RYZEN CPU & Vega GPU demonstrated for the first time

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

AMD unveiled their new CPU line up for 2017 with a short demo of Vega running Star Wars: Battlefront (Rogue One DLC), no details regarding Vega provided however. There is a large amount of information regarding AMD's Zen-based CPU, named RYZEN, so I'll try and keep the main important information in this thread and link to source(s). I'll refer to it AMD RYZEN throughout the thread. Also, take the benchmarks with a pinch of salt considering these are NOT third-party and are therefore bias.

In short, AMD RYZEN is currently matching, surpassing in some instances, the Intel i7-6900K in performance. The chip that was demoed had 8 Cores and 16 Threads (8C/16T) and 20MB of cache in total (L2 and L3). It also shows very impressive IPC gains over their FX lineup of CPUs and took a minor win against the i7-6900K in most (if not all) benchmarks. As for the TDP, we didn't get to see them measuring the total TDP while gaming / idle but they claim it is at 95W.

They have also claimed that the CPU learns over the time of usage and optimises accordingly however we'll have to wait and see for this to deem true. Claims like these need to be verified by third parties. They also provided some information on their 'AMD SenseMI' technology, which they have stated it automatically overclocks and adjusts power usage depending on work load and how much of an overclock is applied. They have also stated that all AMD RYZEN CPUs will have a higher frequencies than 3.4GHz.

NoBrain - AMD RYZEN CPU & Vega GPU demonstrated for the first time - RaGEZONE Forums

NoBrain - AMD RYZEN CPU & Vega GPU demonstrated for the first time - RaGEZONE Forums

More information regarding AMD RYZEN can be found .

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Jesus i like the AMD FX 8350 but god passing the i7-6700k? I wonder what the price will be though. If its cheap time to replace my MB and cpu :)

Reaction score
Jesus i like the AMD FX 8350 but god passing the i7-6700k? I wonder what the price will be though. If its cheap time to replace my MB and cpu :)

Iirc, the i7-6700K surpasses the i7-6900K in single core performance but the i7-6900K is better in multi-core performance due to more cores. The price is estimated to be around 400 USD (for the higher-end stuff). They will not do Intel-like pricing, basically guaranteed because of their marketshare.

AMD RYZEN had its Boost disabled however the Intel products didn't. Meaning Intel had Boost, RYZEN didn't.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
So would there cpu be worth it when it comes out?

Back