Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What Is Best Free Recorder For PC

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I use CamStudio Now but I Got Lagging Problem and Audio ..
My Netbook Spec 1.6 ghz Atom , 1 Gb Ram , 150 hdd

Who Know Better Recorder Than Small Size And Support For My Netbook ? ..
I Want To Record For Browser Gaming Too.. :)

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Getting more RAM will help...1 gb isn't very much these days.

Fraps is the best IMO.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Getting more RAM will help...1 gb isn't very much these days.

Fraps is the best IMO.

FRAPS will only record stuff like games and embedded videos, he's looking for a desktop recorder like Camstudio or Debut Desktop Recorder.

It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Open Broadcaster Software -

It blows anything else out of the water. Has support for games, desktop, live streaming, and recording.
Plus it's free and open source. Resource use is next to none. At least on my system.

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Open Broadcaster Software -

It blows anything else out of the water. Has support for games, desktop, live streaming, and recording.
Plus it's free and open source. Resource use is next to none. At least on my system.

Wow .. What It Minimum System Requirements?

FRAPS will only record stuff like games and embedded videos, he's looking for a desktop recorder like Camstudio or Debut Desktop Recorder.

That Right .. It Lot Better If It Dekstop Recorder + Games Recorder ... But The Problem Is My Netbook Spec .. Too Low .. :thumbdown::(:

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I went to website and there isn't an actual specs requirement table...they do have a page where you enter your specs and they tell you what settings to use.

Edit: And on a side note..thanks for de-repping me for trying to help. No matter what you use 1gb of RAM is not going to cut it...

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not a single software package is going to record at watchable FPS with those specs. Upgrade your PC or have your videos downvoted to hell because of how laggy they are.

Not only is recording videos next to impossible, but you won't be able to run very many games nowadays with 1 GB of RAM let alone record them with decent quality and no lag. I'd recommend at the very very least 4 GB of RAM and a decent processor before you start trying to record videos with no lag, hell I have 8 GB and I can barely record GTA San Andreas without any lag.

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score
seem nice.. u use it ?

It's not only the ram. A netbook has Intel embedded graphics card , which barely runs anything , you would activate the recorder and you would kiss goodbye to gaming ... or would play at 10-9 FPS

I Agree .. RAM + Some 3.0+ Ghz Processor Make The PC More Perfect and Need More $ too..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As mentioned above camtasia studio 8 is a good app but I am also using Movavi. not bad by the way. On the you can find the full explanation how to setup the movavi application for recording the computers screen. It is performed in high resolution and can also record the audio part in the same time. Could you pls tell what pc configurations do you have?

Last edited:
Back