Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gaming PC Help

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hey, haven't posted in a long time.

Looking to buy a new gaming PC (finally!).

Will be hoping to run GTA V (PC ofc. when it comes out), Dragonball Xenoverse, Batman Arkham Knight, Superhot, and other games coming out soon. Hoping for minimum lag, (graphics can be sacrificed if required).

The current build I'm looking at is .

Looking for feedback, as this is my first ever build. Also, my budget is a little tight, so if anyone could suggest replacements of the parts listed with parts that are better value for money, that would be great.

Hoping for a budget from around $1000-$1250.
I realize that the total price listed on PCPartsPicker is within my budget, however I am buying parts from a local store therefore prices of each part are a bit higher. My total cost is coming up to $1500.

Thanks.
Need any info? let me know.

Update:
- Removed CPU Cooler
- Changed Motherboard

Parts list link has been updated.

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Build looks strong....only things I'm noticing are:

Do you plan on overclocking your CPU? If not no need for an aftermarket CPU cooler....the CPU comes with a cooler that's more than sufficient to keep it cool under anything you can throw at it at stock speeds. If you DO plan on overclocking than get a water cooled cooler....quieter and more reliable.

and:

I noticed your mobo does not support SLI and you are getting a Nvidia GPU....that might hinder you in the future if you ever want to add another GPU. Might want to get a mobo that supports your branding now than have to replace the mobo to upgrade in the future.

Besides that...looks great...even though I'm an AMD FX series fan boy and for the price of that i5 you could get an 8 core 4 ghz AMD processor and save $20 :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Build looks strong....only things I'm noticing are:

Do you plan on overclocking your CPU? If not no need for an aftermarket CPU cooler....the CPU comes with a cooler that's more than sufficient to keep it cool under anything you can throw at it at stock speeds. If you DO plan on overclocking than get a water cooled cooler....quieter and more reliable.

and:

I noticed your mobo does not support SLI and you are getting a Nvidia GPU....that might hinder you in the future if you ever want to add another GPU. Might want to get a mobo that supports your branding now than have to replace the mobo to upgrade in the future.

Besides that...looks great...even though I'm an AMD FX series fan boy and for the price of that i5 you could get an 8 core 4 ghz AMD processor and save $20 :)

Good point with the cooler. I'll remove it.
Will also check out the mobo thing.

I had actually considered the FX-8370 at first, but a lot of the reviews said that the i5 was better for gaming. Also, for the FX-8370, you're paying more per FPS than you are for the i5. Spent quite a lot of time checking that out. Also realized that I don't need an octa-core CPU, what I need is more single core performance, and power efficiency, and thats what the i5 offers.

Thanks, appreciate the comments.

Changed motherboard, looks alright to me now.

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looks great now man....good strong build that should last you well into future AAA games....

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
yea you know...how you have to hit all those buttons and do all those gaming things while building a computer....it's hard work man!

Ah, don't worry. I've got a friend who'll help me out if things get bad. I'll look up a tutorial, and if it's too hard or I just cbf, there's an IT shop right next to my house and they assemble PC's as well for a low price.

Back