Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hate my life and low budget to build custom computer.

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
First of, my Asus G72GX-RBBX05 laptop purchased for $600 suddenly crashed one morning after booting up.

Here are the specs:

The video card it's using is Nvidia GTX 260M.

This laptop barely ran StarCraft II at low settings while streaming and @ 800x600 resolution. (Which sucks!)

Instead of a laptop I'm trying to build a custom desktop.

The desktop needs to be able to run StarCraft II at least @ medium settings and stream without lag as well with resolution of at least 1280x768.

Sadly the Asus is non-refundable after the 7 day refund policy, however will try to contact Asus if they can do anything about it.

My current budget right now is $600-800 and I can stretch it to $850 if it is really necessary.

I checked the build list that Rishwin has made but I don't know which one I should go for. And I can't go for the ones that are $1000.. unless it's worth waiting 4 more months to get the money...

Regards,
MK

Reaction score
I've updated the PC Buying guides with an updated 'Budget Build' which i think will suit you VERY well. It should also play Starcraft II on high settings at a very decent framerate.

Budget Gamer Build

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz - $120
ASRock M3A770DE - $60
Crucial Ballistix sport 4GB DDR3 1333 - $30
XFX HD 6870 1GB - $170
CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 500W - $60
SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA - $17
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s - $45
NZXT GAMMA Classic Series - $36

Total Cost = $538 with $30 worth of mail-in rebates.

The thread is here for direct links to the parts - http://forum.ragezone.com/f116/new-pc-buying-guides-459259/

All you need to add is Keyboard/Mouse/Speakers/Monitor and you're good to go.

Reactions: NTV
Reaction score

this is my beast of an old POS, ive had to open it to replace the thermal pads on it and use paste, but after being through Iraq i have to do it again sometime, i just havent had the time, this thing shuts off if i play even minecraft fullscreen for an hour LMAO

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Rishwin thanks for the support, really appreciate you doing this.

This saves me tons of time!! :thumbup:

Reaction score
I'm due for an upgrade too. Still running on my Q6600. Rishwin is a good guy!

When the time comes i can do up a build for you lol. Just link me to the store you'll be getting it from because those guides are really only accurate for people from the US. In other parts of the world other parts might be more cost effective.

Reaction score
When the time comes i can do up a build for you lol. Just link me to the store you'll be getting it from because those guides are really only accurate for people from the US. In other parts of the world other parts might be more cost effective.

well I'll only need to update my cpu, mobo and ram since I got a good psu and a gtx285. Was going to go with a 2500k and maybe 8gb of ram.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Who uses a DVD drive nowadays? 0.o I know he has to install an OS but....

I moved my installation media to a USB stick when I bought 7 - it's time they shipped the OS on USB anyway it's alot faster :L Also tons of games need DVD drives :)

Back