Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Upgrading Laptop

Reaction score
I have a Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q701 laptop i want to upgrade the CPU and maybe the GPU, i plan on getting more RAM also

and no i am not buying another laptop and/or desktop atm

i do know that the CPU and GPU are NOT soldered into the board

i however do not know the type of processor that i can put into it, right now i am running an: Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 @2.00 Ghz

i like my laptop and it has done good for me, plus i like being able to play games but still be able to move it around the house

if anyone knows what processor that can fit that would help

and while i have the laptop opened i plan on making a custom fan mount on the bottom of the laptop with a removable base ( i like my dremel tools :eek:tt1:)

and i would like to stay in the 25W TDP range as to not interfere with the power draw on the board

i was thinkin maybe
)

would that fit?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wouldn't be recommending an upgrade tbh. You're not going to see any performance increases unless you get a Core 2 Extreme chip or a Core 2 Quad chip, which both require a significantly higher TDP.

Chipset list of supported CPU's is here (click on 'Compatible Processors') :

Those are the CPU's which your motherboard's chipset will physically support, but there is no guarantee AT ALL that any of them will work, because in most cases the BIOS is CPU specific. You would need to get a new BIOS from a Toshiba technician (if it even exists/is supported) because toshiba itself won't give it to you as they don't support customer modifications.

I wouldn't bother at all, the risk simply isn't worth the money.

Reaction score
i might look into some of the quad cores, but id have to figure out some more case cooling

and when i upgraded to win7 from vista, i got a boost out of that, i dont know if u like the windows experience rating but i went from 4.7 to 5.5 when i installed win7

and i plan on getting an SSD for a boot drive, this thing can use 2 HDDs but only has one atm, and im not completely sure about being able to up the RAM to 8GB

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would look into what the original Qosmio X305-Q701 factory CPU configuration options were. Surely one of them would be a Quad core, then get that. It would have a significantly higher chance of working than any of the other ones, and even if it doesn't, at least you know the BIOS for it does exist somewhere. then it's just a matter of hunting it down.

If you want to know for sure though, register at and ask int he Toshiba section. I guarantee you that if there are people who have put a Quad core in their Qosimo, they are on that forum. They will know what works and what doesn't, and there could even be an official toshiba liaison in that section who could give you further information. I know there are liaisons in the Asus and Dell sections, so you never know.

Reaction score
Always take it apart before using anything like compressed air, many people simply stick the nozzle into the fan vents and blow air, not realizing that they are simply lodging the dust somewhere else.

Especially if you've taken it to Iraq, it probably still has sand in there somewhere lol.

Reaction score
ok i found a thread for just toshiba qosmio x305, so ima register and ask some questions there

and i dont know if you use the same name there but i just put "Rishwin" as the referer

and i know it still has sand in there, ive opened the HDD and RAM covers and looked inside and that damn sand is everywhere inside lol

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most people think you have to spend lots of money when buying a laptop. I never bought an expensive laptop because it made no sense to me. I have my PC for the harder tasks and gaming, and my laptop is there when I have to go somewhere.
If you are looking for the , you will be able to find laptops with 8GB RAM and SSD. That's enough to keep you going when you're away from your PC.
You can get a cheap laptop, and spend more money on a good PC, tbh...

Last edited:
Back