Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

License Windows Server 2012 R2 - OVH / MuOnline

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I'm here to ask for help from all who can help me, I have a big doubt these last days.

I've finished my MuOnline project, and now I'm looking for a host for it, after fews analysis I decided to opt for OVH, but what is holding me back now is the operating system.

I need Windows Server 2012 R2, OVH offers the license, but for a value of $20/month, a little expensive to my view, I'm looking on the internet if there is another way, as I was informed via ticket it's possible to install Windows server 2012 R2 and activate with your own license, then I would really like the help of those who have already used or who still uses OVH services, do I need to buy a license from microsoft? or can I use any license that I find on the internet?

I also saw that it is possible to buy the license in different places like Ebay. It is possible to buy a lifetime license for only $ 20 (that is, the amount that would pay 1 month for OVH, you can have forever buying through ebay).If anyone is aware of what it is possible to do and how to do it, please help me because I am days ago from how to proceed from here, without having to spend $ 20 every month = /

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Yes, you can enter any Windows Server 2012 license. Just make sure that the server you're renting supports the version you have license for, as some servers do support different versions. A license from eBay will most likely work, but you'll never know where those originate from and how many people have access to them already.

Back