Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mineral Oil Cooled PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Well from what i saw there, they used over 30 gallons of oil to fill it. I would NOT recommend it or a laptop.

Also, after about 2 hours that oil WILL get hot... to be ideal, that tank probably needs to be inside another tank filled with water and some sort of radiator to keep it cool.
Thats why they used the bubble machine. It wasnt 30 gallons, because if you look closely, its actully high speed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i might make something like this still lots of research dont want expensive comps go dead on me : P still biggest problem is keeping the oil cold so it doesnt start getting too hot some have used radiators and then used fans on the raditor to keep that cool but then the fans will make lots of noise :/

Reaction score
Thats why they used the bubble machine. It wasnt 30 gallons, because if you look closely, its actully high speed.

Bubble machine passed an extremely small amount of air through h the oil ; not enough to cool it down. If instead of air that was something else like liguid nitrogen (no idea if it's even possible or if would cause a bad reaction) or extremely cols air, then yes it would help. Also, yes i know it was in high speed, i also noticed they filled it with about 5/6 of those 6 gallon bottles. Hence, 30 gallons.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
aye they added a Radiator too handle the heat the next problem will be cooling the radiator without making noise : P

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Bubble machine passed an extremely small amount of air through h the oil ; not enough to cool it down. If instead of air that was something else like liguid nitrogen (no idea if it's even possible or if would cause a bad reaction) or extremely cols air, then yes it would help. Also, yes i know it was in high speed, i also noticed they filled it with about 5/6 of those 6 gallon bottles. Hence, 30 gallons.
Phail.
MasterBubba - Mineral Oil Cooled PC - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
5/6 = 5 or 6, NOT five sixths.

Also i only know the metric system.. at the beginning he said 6 gallons of Oil then showed only 1 bottle, So i assumed 1 bottle was 6 gallons. To fill the tank he used 6 of those bottles. 6 x 6 = 36.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
5/6 = 5 or 6, NOT five sixths.

Also i only know the metric system.. at the beginning he said 6 gallons of Oil then showed only 1 bottle, So i assumed 1 bottle was 6 gallons. To fill the tank he used 6 of those bottles. 6 x 6 = 36.

Don't you think it would be easier to say 1L (Litre) just to cause less confusion? Anyways really how much do you think that would cost 60 dollars too? Cause I thought he meant 60$ a bottle I was like OH poop...

Edit: Bubba ummm how do I turn it on if it has no turn on button??? LOL!? Is it supposed to be on the whole time?

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Didnt you notice the motherboard panel had a switch that was sticking up from the tank?
Jesus, how the hell did you think it would turn on?

Edit: Last time I checked, the USA didnt have a metric system so I do not measure in Liters. 1 Bottle = 10 Gallons.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Didnt you notice the motherboard panel had a switch that was sticking up from the tank?
Jesus, how the hell did you think it would turn on?

Edit: Last time I checked, the USA didnt have a metric system so I do not measure in Liters. 1 Bottle = 10 Gallons.

Ahhh, ok thanks for telling me I was just wondering I didn't watch the video like 20 times. I saw it like twice then I saw some tutorial on how to make it so I was like ok I'll check that out... Anyways thanks so I can buy this switch from any computer store right?

Last time I checked I lived in Canada so the metric system here is Liters. For me it's easier.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its a good idea, and it must be absolutly silent.

But I'm not one for 'see through cases'

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Its a good idea, and it must be absolutly silent.

But I'm not one for 'see through cases'

Lol I am and I love them especially when it looks like water but it's obviously not. It's pretty awesome I hope I can make it by new year!

Master Summoner
Reaction score
^^^ mm, idea is good, i will try it before i will buy new PC. Seems pretty good (how much aquarium costs again?)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
^^^ mm, idea is good, i will try it before i will buy new PC. Seems pretty good (how much aquarium costs again?)

The aquarium is 55 dollars the 6 Gallons of oil is 60 dollars the Arcylic plate is 10 dollars. You can buy like way more stuff for it but if your just testing I don't recommend. Also I stopped trying to make this because if you have 1 little hole in it and you go to sleep without noticing it, you wake up with a bunch of mineral oil EVERYWHERE. Lol.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can you imagine putting fishes in a water cooled PC?

Like seriouslly, that would be freakin cool!

:laugh:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I know I love that so much like show it off to my friends lmao. Be like "witch I got some water and fishies with my computer!" Haha.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want one of these so badly, Would look so good.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I think it would be great to have a 1 and 1/2 inch thick glass aquarium computer with the parts inside soaking in oil...but not that thin material. I wouldn't be able to sleep without thinking that the oil is leaking and my computer is going to explode or something :O

It looks great though. You could even put fake fishes in the tank but make sure they are somehow stationed in place so they don't jam a fan...lol.

Master Summoner
Reaction score

yeah... it would be cool to see how fish run in Vcards cooler. really cool :D :D

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Erm
This is mineral oil cooled PC, Fish...Wouldn't do so well in oil.

If you mean an actual water cooled computer, they don't actually submerse the computer in water...It's a loop, and it goes through a radiator and then to the waterblocks and back again, the fish would stop up the tubes

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
all the oil is doing is replacing the air thats in a normal case. but there is a hell of a lot of oil in there so it would take a hell of a long time to heat up, all the bubbles are doing i suspect is displacing the oil closest to the components due to that oil being the hotest if you introduce some flow into the system that oil can coll down while another bit warms up.

oh and de-ionised water means no impurities which cause the water to conduct, it also means fish cant live in it i believe :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back