Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PC Gaming Desktop - Custom Build

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Spent alot of time researching parts, only thing I don't like about it is the motherboard, and having no SSD. Anyone know if a better motherboard for a similar price would be great, don't have enough money to buy a SSD currently.

Got two Dell E2210 22" monitors from my workplace aswell.

55$ ea #woot .

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, here's my build:

Personally I would opt for a lower quality processor if you are going to cheap out on the motherboard. No need for that kind of power unless you are going to compliment it with powerful components.

I'd suggest a mid quality ASUS motherboard (maybe the maximus vii hero?), going with a lower quality GPU (I suggest the GTX 960 as in my build, even though i used 2-way SLI). I can top out the graphics on elder scrolls online and hit 80-100 fps with both monitors on.

Just my two cents.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have adjusted your build slightly to accommodate for a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 16GB HyperX Fury Black RAM and 4690K processor. The 4790K was just unnecessary and you will be able to max pretty much every game you will throw at this processor in 1080p. I have also changed the motherboard to an MSI Gaming 5 since it was cheaper than what you had selected but is still a high quality motherboard. It is slightly more expensive since I chose to add 16GB RAM instead of leaving the 8GB but if you want to change it back to the 8GB feel free. Ignore the GTX 960 recommendation as well, the GTX 970 is the sweet spot for 1080p gaming. The build below is pretty similar to my cousins build and he manages to get above 60fps on an almost maxed out GTA V (along with 50+ fps in ArmA 3) so I can vouch for this Processor, Motherboard and Graphics Card combination.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I have adjusted your build slightly to accommodate for a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 16GB HyperX Fury Black RAM and 4690K processor. The 4790K was just unnecessary and you will be able to max pretty much every game you will throw at this processor in 1080p. I have also changed the motherboard to an MSI Gaming 5 since it was cheaper than what you had selected but is still a high quality motherboard. It is slightly more expensive since I chose to add 16GB RAM instead of leaving the 8GB but if you want to change it back to the 8GB feel free. Ignore the GTX 960 recommendation as well, the GTX 970 is the sweet spot for 1080p gaming. The build below is pretty similar to my cousins build and he manages to get above 60fps on an almost maxed out GTA V (along with 50+ fps in ArmA 3) so I can vouch for this Processor, Motherboard and Graphics Card combination.

I have 8GB ram already that I will be swapping into the new build. If you dont mind removing that for me and then readjusting, not sure if that will change your build path or not. As for the I7 change, I will be doing quite of a bit of development and server hosting on this computer aswell. Id rather buy the I7 now, and wait until tax time to buy my SSD.

Thats my current layout. Prices form PCPartPicker, and then prices I found myself. I work in a computer shop and am able to order parts through our vendor, so I will be comparing their, and any parts the vendor has in stock will be another 20-40% off.

Last edited:
"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have 8GB ram already that I will be swapping into the new build. If you dont mind removing that for me and then readjusting, not sure if that will change your build path or not. As for the I7 change, I will be doing quite of a bit of development and server hosting on this computer aswell. Id rather buy the I7 now, and wait until tax time to buy my SSD.

Thats my current layout. Prices form PCPartPicker, and then prices I found myself. I work in a computer shop and am able to order parts through our vendor, so I will be comparing their, and any parts the vendor has in stock will be another 20-40% off.

Since you already own the RAM I've removed it off the list and added the i7 back. I still can't see you justifying an i7 for development and server hosting but it's your money so do as you please.

Back