Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Gaming Keyboard

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am looking for a new gaming keyboard that is good for MMO and Dota 2. I dont know what specific mechanical keys is best for me. I have read some articles regarding mechanical keys, and i dont know what to choose from BLACK or RED keys.

BTW my budget would be 100-150$

Please recommend a brand and what key.

Thank you in advance

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I owned a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (2013) and it was awesome.
Razer uses for it which are supposedly optimized for gaming.

It's worth considering.

Reaction score
Yours probably still use Cherry MX switches then. Fairly sure that Razer only started using their own this year, older ones use Cherry's.

Ok so you have 4 popular switches, Blue, Brown, Black and Red.

Blue are best for typing and games with clear key presses, for example Strategy, MOBA's etc. Blue's are extremely loud but you will always know for sure you pressed your key, because of that it gives you security of pressing the key that black and red don't give. They however are bad for games where you move around a lot, so shooters, MMO's etc, because you need to let go and press down again fully.
Red are best for shooters, MMO's etc, they are however bad for typing, strategy and MOBA's, they are also pretty quiet and don't give you that 'satisfying' clicking sound. They are basically the opposite of Blue.
Black is red, only require you to press down harder.
Brown is in between blue and red and is seen as the best overall keyboard.

And because of that, I would definitely recommend brown, I personally use brown myself and play MMO's, shooters and League of Legends, plus I type quite a bit. I personally use the Roccat Ryos MK Pro, which is a little above your budget, but there are 2 cheaper versions, the MK and the MK Glow. Other options are the various Cooler Master keyboards, although these are not gamer keyboards. There is also the Logitech G710, which only comes with Cherry MX Brown. Razer obviously has 2 mechanical boards, green is similar to blue, and orange to brown, they should be fine as well, so if Razer is the thing, go for it, in the end the quality is pretty much the same, at least I assume so, like I said, Razer switches are quite new, whereas Cherry been doing this since the 80's, so they have proven to be excellent.

Whatever you do, before you order, make sure you got the right switch. I had price comparison sites that would send me to the wrong keyboard, because the site in question had the wrong SKU (product number) filled in, and I would highly recommend the Brown/Razer Orange switches for overall gaming and typing. The rest of the keyboard is really down to preference. What style do you like, what buttons etc. The reason why I went for Roccat Ryos was because of the thumb buttons below the spacebar, getting those extra easy access buttons in a MMO is a real advantage imo.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yours probably still use Cherry MX switches then. Fairly sure that Razer only started using their own this year, older ones use Cherry's.

Ok so you have 4 popular switches, Blue, Brown, Black and Red.

Blue are best for typing and games with clear key presses, for example Strategy, MOBA's etc. Blue's are extremely loud but you will always know for sure you pressed your key, because of that it gives you security of pressing the key that black and red don't give. They however are bad for games where you move around a lot, so shooters, MMO's etc, because you need to let go and press down again fully.
Red are best for shooters, MMO's etc, they are however bad for typing, strategy and MOBA's, they are also pretty quiet and don't give you that 'satisfying' clicking sound. They are basically the opposite of Blue.
Black is red, only require you to press down harder.
Brown is in between blue and red and is seen as the best overall keyboard.

And because of that, I would definitely recommend brown, I personally use brown myself and play MMO's, shooters and League of Legends, plus I type quite a bit. I personally use the Roccat Ryos MK Pro, which is a little above your budget, but there are 2 cheaper versions, the MK and the MK Glow. Other options are the various Cooler Master keyboards, although these are not gamer keyboards. There is also the Logitech G710, which only comes with Cherry MX Brown. Razer obviously has 2 mechanical boards, green is similar to blue, and orange to brown, they should be fine as well, so if Razer is the thing, go for it, in the end the quality is pretty much the same, at least I assume so, like I said, Razer switches are quite new, whereas Cherry been doing this since the 80's, so they have proven to be excellent.

Whatever you do, before you order, make sure you got the right switch. I had price comparison sites that would send me to the wrong keyboard, because the site in question had the wrong SKU (product number) filled in, and I would highly recommend the Brown/Razer Orange switches for overall gaming and typing. The rest of the keyboard is really down to preference. What style do you like, what buttons etc. The reason why I went for Roccat Ryos was because of the thumb buttons below the spacebar, getting those extra easy access buttons in a MMO is a real advantage imo.

Thank you very much, you have lighten up my mind. Now i would like to buy a keyboard with brown switch instead of black and red. Can you suggest a brand? I am looking for a mechanical keyboard with backlight + programmable keys. Still my budget will be 100-150$. Thanks again

I owned a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (2013) and it was awesome.
Razer uses for it which are supposedly optimized for gaming.

It's worth considering.

Thank you also for answering my question. I will take note of this.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

You're right, I've checked. 2013 still uses Cherry MX Blue :S
My bad.

Reaction score
Thank you very much, you have lighten up my mind. Now i would like to buy a keyboard with brown switch instead of black and red. Can you suggest a brand? I am looking for a mechanical keyboard with backlight + programmable keys. Still my budget will be 100-150$. Thanks again
I already answered that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I already answered that.

O sorry, but when i search about it. There is no one selling Roccat Ryos, Logitech g710 in my place. However, my friend told me not to buy razer and he recommend to buy ducky or corsair.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Both are good, like I said, anything with the Cherry switches will give you a similar experience, since you really can't mess up that badly with the plastic part. ;)

I wouldn't recommend Razer, but I can't imagine they are bad.

Why can't you get Roccat or Logitech? Where do you live?

Philippines sir. Ive search online shops in my place. No one selling that stuff.

Back