Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Power Connections for the Motherboard and Fans help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok well my computer is REALLY old and I needed some help on my motherboard for the power button cords into the right place I do not have a manual for the motherboard cause I bought it refurbished off some guy in 03. Anyways I need some help putting these cords together cause last night I put them in randomly and it worked fine but I removed them to remove my old dusty fan to clean it and I've been trying ever since 2:00PM and it's 5:00 now and I need some help. My motherboard is Asus P4VP-MX and I was gonna buy a new processor for it since it's garbage and worn out. Anyways thanks in advance.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Take a look at your mother board manual. If you dont have one, look online for it. That will tell you what to attach and to where you can attach it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Take a look at your mother board manual. If you dont have one, look online for it. That will tell you what to attach and to where you can attach it.

Yeah I already downloaded it and installing adobe so I can read the PDF file. Anyways thanks for your post. Do you think my Asus can handle 2.66GHz?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Depends on how much cooling you have. You also must make sure that every pin fits in, or else your screwed (processor into processor bracket).

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: Power Connections for the Motherboard and Fans help. Solved thank you MasterBubba

Depends on how much cooling you have. You also must make sure that every pin fits in, or else your screwed (processor into processor bracket).

Well I followed the picture that it showed but I did not have these IDE_LED, and PWR. Unless he/she was saying that for short of something else but I followed it completely and it still didn't work... Also I found something similar to PWR I found Power SW but it has 2 pins... WOOT I GOT IT TO WORK <3

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Compatible Processors: Intel Pentium 4, Prescott, Celeron up to 3.06 GHz+

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Compatible Processors: Intel Pentium 4, Prescott, Celeron up to 3.06 GHz+

Ok thanks but now I'm having a boot issue... Some people say it is some corrupted files... Help? I get this exact error on my boot screen "Reboot and select proper boot device or put media in the boot device and press any key " I changed some settings in the bios but I saw that made no difference...

Reaction score
That means that you either a) have your hard drive not plugged in properly, or b) you have a floppy/USB drive plugged in that the PC is trying to boot from. Check the boot priorities in BIOS and make sure your hard drive is set as first priority.

IF that doesn't fix it, then you have somehow formatted your hard drive.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
That means that you either a) have your hard drive not plugged in properly, or b) you have a floppy/USB drive plugged in that the PC is trying to boot from. Check the boot priorities in BIOS and make sure your hard drive is set as first priority.

Nice.. I JUST made a thread about it =[[[ Please somebody close this and help me in the new thread I made thanks haha. Also it's not reading my hard drive so it's probably not put in correctly let me try to reconnect it but I'm pretty sure I connected it properly cause there are 2 black ones and 1 blue plug in port for the cables so I just put all 3 of them in and connect it to HDD,CD-ROM,Floppy. Then I put in the power cords and bam I'm done I turn it on nothing doesn't read my HDD and doesn't show it in the bios even if I set it to default settings in the bios it still doesn't show my HDD...

ROFL TO THE MAXIMUM CONTENT OF ROFLING?!

THANK YOU SO MUCH RISHWIN I SOLVED IT!!! THANK YOU

-Gigorga is now deticated to Rishwin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back