Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Upgrading Processor

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my current processor is the AMD Turion II P540 and I was wondering if I could upgrade to maybe a quad-core AMD. Please could someone tell me if this is possible, and if it is possible please suggest a good processor to upgrade to, with its price (UK). Thanks! :D

Reaction score
That's a laptop, so no you usually can't change it unless you want to pay ALOT of money for a technician to take it apart and re-engineer it, or send it back to the manufacturer to swap out the components (most don't offer this service).

Either way, it's going to cost you at least 500GBP for MINIMAL performance increases.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
:s Why would it cost so much, there are videos on YouTube where people just whip off the heat sink and put a new processor in :p

Reaction score
If you want to do it yourself then go for it, but many CPU's are actually soldered into the board so you might buy a new CPU and then go to install it, only to find that you can't remove yours. You'll still be looking at 200GBP at least to get a new CPU, laptops components are not cheap.

it's just like swapping out your GPU; It's possible to do yourself, but only certain brand cards will work with certain brand motherboards. So your best bet if you aren't 100% sure is to pay someone to do it since they will know the specifics better than you will.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'll not bother as you know what you are talking about :p Thanks for all your information :D

Back