Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Windows 10 - Your Impressions

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Windos 10 released today to the people worldwide.

What do you think about windows 10?

My option is that its alot better then windows 8 as the system windows etc.. don't really take the full screen anymore and finally received a close button again.

Multitasking looks very nice and it overall looks way more modern then windows 8.

Microsoft Edge on the other hand i think its still slow...

Last edited by a moderator:
BloopBloop
Reaction score
For me windows 10 feels as a extensions of windows 8.1 I have nothing bad to say about it. Although the activation of windows 10 was a little tricky for me , i had to wait 3 hours before i could activate it.

Microsoft edge is in my opinion still below google chrome, but above internet explore, posting on forums is sometimes a little tricky, sometimes it randomly freezes for a sec of 2 (3 times in 3h). Although the web note thingy is kinda funny, it allows me to draw a penis on every page without having to use paint xD.

EDIT: Let me know If someone is capable to disable->"Only secure content is displayed."

Last edited:

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
XD well inlike the restyling tho its fresh and better looking then on windows 8 or 8.1

Easier to reach everything in general, however im still looking for stuff i dont like

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Edge: I really like it but the lack of extension support is a deal killer for the moment. You can add poop to your hosts file but the fact is you will get "Could not reach http://addshitbullcrap.com" in place of ads which is even more annoying. And it fails to render a lot of my sites. I'm sticking with the Firefox fork Cyberfox for now.

Cortana: It looks useful, I don't think I will make use of it though.

On a whole: I like it. Though it has a lot of bugs and isn't as polished as Windows 7 was when it was released, it feels sort of rushed but updates will fix this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Used the tool to get it. works nice though needs some ironing out.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Microsoft is a very clever company :)

windows xp - stable
windows vista - poop
windows 7 - stable
windows 8/8.1 - poop
windows 10 - your choice

anyway most of the application that actually is working on windows 7 has issues running on 8.1 and 10 is based off 8.1 so I dont know what is happening.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I for one will be waiting for at least a week before upgrading...last thing I want is some horrible bug destroying all my data. I'll let all you "firsters" do my bug testing for me :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I did tested it, and if the final build is based on 1024 then there are some bugs unless this is a different build or something.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up...if you don't want to be bothered by the tool notifications, shut down GWX.exe in task manager and it stop the notifications. But it will come back next reboot unless you stop it from loading with msconfig.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
It was honestly based on Windows 8.1 kernel with improvement being made that's all

Reaction score
I've been using it for almost a month now, have to say didn't change much from the past week to todays release. Search is much faster however web-search freezes my PC, and apparently Cortana is not available anywhere except in English speaking countries for now. I'd say it's a perfect marriage between windows 7 and windows 8.1 preserving the looks of windows 7 and the performance of windows 8.1

Microsoft Edge is fast for me, although it seems to hang for a couple of milliseconds on big pages or pages with lot's of flash content. Also there is no way to install an adblock in it, which makes my second best browser after Chrome. Once they add that, it might become even more speedier and better. However it certainly does start up faster than any other browsers so far.

The new color changing algorithm is awesome, it can read colors from your wallpaper precisely and set the colors of windows accordingly. Too bad the content of the windows cannot be changed it will always stay white. Would be cool if we could switch windows colors to dark.

Reaction score
I've been using it for almost a month now, have to say didn't change much from the past week to todays release. Search is much faster however web-search freezes my PC, and apparently Cortana is not available anywhere except in English speaking countries for now. I'd say it's a perfect marriage between windows 7 and windows 8.1 preserving the looks of windows 7 and the performance of windows 8.1

the looks of windows 7? It's more relative to Windows 8.1 than anything

Reaction score
I actually like it, probably still prefer W7 over this at the moment but I've only been using it for today only. Personally I think the toolbar is too big and clunky, not a fan of it. The search function is extremly useful for me, if I want to easily find a folder I can now instead of waiting for the old search function to take forever.

When I breifly used Edge so I could download all my basic apps and programs it was very quick compared to IE but for me personally again it's all too big on the bars and buttons, I prefer the nicer smaller, 'simple' buttons.

Reaction score
I'll write a small review, since I'm cool and I have patience to write one... I've used three versions so far: First one (preview), last one (preview), and today's stable version.

I gotta say I'm impressed to the amount of time they've dedicated to this, and how "different" it is in terms of stability. Now letting shenanigans aside, this looks a very stable system for my point of view, specially when you have other Microsoft products, such as Xbox One, which makes your experience even more awesome.

I still face some issues with a few apps, including Xbox App (still a little laggy on my end), but still better than latest version, streaming is also a LEGENDARY FEATURE. I don't want to say like "wo I love M$ i love everything about M$ i just buy M$ stuff", far from it. I've loved the new interface, as many says, it's now, back to a Desktop System. Apps isn't full screen anymore, etc.

Haven't tried all functionalities, but as I can see, everything looks neat. I'll be uploading a video trying out Xbox One's streaming on youtube and I'll update this post for you guys see the latency (sorry by talking about this subject a lot, but I love this feature)!!!

Haven't tried Edge aswell, only on preview, it indeed looks better than IE, but I can't say for sure what it works, and what it doesn't.

Point for Microsoft to all of these, besides with the initiative of free Windows to who have 8.1, 7, etc.

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer windows xp still. I've never had much problems with windows xp when connecting to a wifi . This driver problem shiz is pissin me off in both windows 8 and windows 10

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
What i had, but might be my problem is that when i try to shut down from the lock screen it sometimes is a witch and euhm on the right part of the start window.. I dont see how to make a new subtitle as i deleted all mine so they all came in 1 list but dunno how to add new ones

Back