Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Windows 10 - Your Impressions

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well my overheating issue got so bad I couldn't even watch an HD video online without my CPU hitting 70c....so I'm back to Win 7 now...been slamming it on GTA V for 4 hours now and not a single issue so it was definitely Win 10 doing it.

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I for one will be waiting for at least a week before upgrading...last thing I want is some horrible bug destroying all my data. I'll let all you "firsters" do my bug testing for me :)

>2015
>still thinking something this dramatic could happen

You literally sound like my 75-year-old grandfather. JUST..saying.

Also, about the whole antivirus debate. ONLY USE DEFENDER.

The other poop is annoying and really isn't worth it. Microsoft does a really good job of keeping themselves clean, now.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't wait. Lol. But I went back to Win 7 due to overheating issues since upgrading. Was good for a while on Win 7 and now it's come to my attention that the pump went out on my water cooling system. It overheats in bios....so I'll be shopping for new water cooling tomorrow.

>2015
>still thinking something this dramatic could happen

You literally sound like my 75-year-old grandfather. JUST..saying.

Also, about the whole antivirus debate. ONLY USE DEFENDER.

The other poop is annoying and really isn't worth it. Microsoft does a really good job of keeping themselves clean, now.

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't wait. Lol. But I went back to Win 7 due to overheating issues since upgrading. Was good for a while on Win 7 and now it's come to my attention that the pump went out on my water cooling system. It overheats in bios....so I'll be shopping for new water cooling tomorrow.

Well then..I can see how that might err..cause some issues.

Ahem. Yes well Windows 10 is pretty great.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi for me my games is not compatible for win10 so i would suggest to stick with 7 or 8 for the meantime until games are compatible.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Make sure you guys disable keylogger before going to jail.
CMD As Admin:
[qoute]
sc delete DiagTrack
sc delete dmwappushservice
echo "" > C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl
[/quote]
http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2015/08/if-you-install-windows-10-you-can-end-up-in-jail-3193968.html

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Before you post news check the validity of the webpage. The webpage you are quoting also thinks Prince William is the anti-Christ and Hitler was just a mind control victim.

Windows 10 Technical Preview collected information but only information pertinent to beta testing. If you installed it you also agreed to them gathering this info in the ToS you agreed to upon installation.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Activation took a few weeks and hitting the install upgrade+reboot several times (think it took me about five times to reinstall the upgrade after waiting a week). Was kind of sad how long this took, I even had to call the activation support which told me to call back every 48 hours again and again. Well either way I was excited and got it finally upgraded and installed freshly! Smooth as can be except for the fact to use the store you need to sign in to a Microsoft account, I don't really like how things are forcing you to bind to them so much with all this cloud poop-- At least there's still options in here to backup data offline, didn't buy this extra hardware for nothing. I think, w8 was always a touch screen "foot in the door" for microsoft because of simplicity toward how mobile everyone is getting--never touched it one bit. Thank the pizza gods they finally made an os upgrade for a power user.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well just a warning to everyone....if you upgrade successfully on Non genuine Windows then decide to go back to windows 7, you cannot go back to Windows 10. I have been trying for a few days nowand it keeps asking for a product key it never gave me, when I find one that works from the internet it starts the installation then errors out.....stupid watercooler pump, messed everything up.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Well just a warning to everyone....if you upgrade successfully on Non genuine Windows then decide to go back to windows 7, you cannot go back to Windows 10. I have been trying for a few days nowand it keeps asking for a product key it never gave me, when I find one that works from the internet it starts the installation then errors out.....stupid watercooler pump, messed everything up.

There aint no full iso available yet of windows 10? Which you can install from scratch?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Didn't want to do a clean install but it seems I might have to, I did enjoy it while I had it, but thought it was causing the over heating....stupid water pump :(

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Before you post news check the validity of the webpage. The webpage you are quoting also thinks Prince William is the anti-Christ and Hitler was just a mind control victim.

Windows 10 Technical Preview collected information but only information pertinent to beta testing. If you installed it you also agreed to them gathering this info in the ToS you agreed to upon installation.

AM DYIN @ THIS SITE LOL

Also, how could the OS duck with the water pump? Some driver not properly migrate?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There have been reports of Windows 10 using 100% CPU for long periods of time....being I'm overclocked to 4.6mhz my CPU at that for extended period of time generates a lot of heat...making my pump run at 3k RPM's 24/7...

Reaction score
Got my upgrade on Thursday, no dramas. Overall pretty happy, it's literally a cross between win 7 & 8 and includes the best of both. Not had any compatibility issue with drivers or games, though it's probably noteworthy that I'm using an MSI laptop so they would've tested all the drivers first. Main pain was the privacy settings after that it was all smooth sailing.

Back