Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They are really working on the fact that they don't support touch screen that much.
So with this it will be much better.
They are really playing it on Touch Screen future which I don't see happening for atleast 2 to 3 years.

I have seen an 2 hour long video where they show basic things and what they are planning to add in Windows 8

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The Developer Preview is absolutely amazing... I can say after only having this for 2 hours, I've had no errors, no bugs whatsoever. The only thing that could be improved in my opinion, is having the start menu back in Desktop mode! I love the fact that IE10 has spell checker too :D

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The Developer Preview is absolutely amazing... I can say after only having this for 2 hours, I've had no errors, no bugs whatsoever. The only thing that could be improved in my opinion, is having the start menu back in Desktop mode! I love the fact that IE10 has spell checker too :D

Mm, sounds amazing. Gonna install it in a second.

Reaction score
I really don't know I feel about Windows 8. I know it's going to be fast, productive, efficient and amazing. But the appearance, as of now, looks unpolished. I am sure they will polish it more by the release date, so I'm interested in that. I know there will probably be a ton of themes for the tiles and what not to, so that's something to look forward to.

Reaction score
im not holding my breath, it will prob be a late release just like the previous versions of windows, i just hope its not like a transfer from XP to Vista like 7 to 8, that would just blow

Reaction score
im not holding my breath, it will prob be a late release just like the previous versions of windows, i just hope its not like a transfer from XP to Vista like 7 to 8, that would just blow

Agreed. It seems like this is something completely new, like Vista was from XP. If that happens again, MS is gonna get a lot of poop.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Pretty interesting.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this has actually been posted yet.
Microsoft provides access to a free copy of w8 already ROFL
Want a link if I can remember what it was?

Edit:
found it

grab the dev build on the right if youre interested in playing around.
A microsoft rep sent me there ROFL

Reaction score
so after downloading it twice because i needed the x64 version (dumb butt me), it installed a jiffy (took a shower so not sure how long it took). the new start menu is appealing but for now it just looks like a fancier windows 7 with no real improvements apart from some useful (considered bothersome by others) menus.

sorry for the double post. thought it'd be added to my first post. ma bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back