Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I had this same poop on my phone.
Nothing much, you can get a launcher that looks the same for Android.
I had the developer preview about 6 months ago.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been using consumer preview for few days now and I like it so far.
At first, like others, I was against Metro and couldn't stand the lack of conventional start menu but after removing all apps and slightly reconfiguring/ rearranging everything I must say that its awesome!
Metro allows for much better organization and accessibility. While it is slightly recourse hungry I find it to be a perfect replacement for all docks programs which in turn actually gains you some resources (since you don't need to run any docs or such).
In general I'm enjoying Win8/Metro already. (and I love the new boot loader)

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
According to microsoft, windows 8 requires roughly the same specs as windows 7 except for a bit less hard drive space, and is supposedly quicker on weaker systems than 7

I've read that in the final version the explorer should be modified, I hope they finally add Tabs to the explorer to make it easier to keep order in a mess of open folders when working on multiple files at once

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Going to give the metro poop a try tonight.

Does it work well across multiple monitors?
Yes it does. There is, for example, added support for multiple wallpapers (for each display).
Also, I like how the taskbar spans across all screens, with some setting, showing icons for items currently opened on that specific screen :) Very convenient and clean.

PS.
works perfectly fine on win8

Last edited:
Reaction score
never cared much about that tbh. I just find wallpapers that are made for dual screens lol.

I wonder if it would be worth it to purchase a touchscreen monitor when Win8 releases. Hmm...

Personally, I think it would. It's clunky using it with a mouse and keyboard. I still hate how Windows 8 feels like two different operating systems. It's so confusing switching from regular windows to the metro-style.

Reaction score
As that article describes ... Windows 8 is more like an OS for Alien mother ship than my good old Pentium 4. Solid state drive? Photon circuits? I couldn't even afford a normal SATA hard , how about Solid state drive xD And that's not just me , at least 70% of people don't care to buy a brand new PC each time they introduce new technologies.

Reaction score
Windows 8 Release Preview:

Just installed mine on my SSD, so fast :D

jyap1021 - Windows 8 - RaGEZONE Forums

---

Also Windows Server 2012 RC is out.

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Reaction score
The Metro UI start menu is pissing me off. But I didn't like Aero couple years back.

On other hand windows server 2012 looks decent in terms of interface

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back