Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well I wanted to know is it worth it to either 1. Buy this new computer for 219.99 but I do not have the money to make the mineral oil and everything till like my birthday or 2. Buy all the mineral oil computer parts cause I already have a computer I want to test this on a old computer here are the specs, 1700 MHz single core, 1,256 MB of ram, 16MB graphics/video card (LOL), That's basically all you need to know also that I'm gonna buy 1 more gig of ram so it's gonna be 2Gigs of ram and buy a 256 PCI graphics/video card but that would cost around 70-80 dollars and that extra gig of ram would be another 30 or 35... Then I need to buy the materials. If not I'll just buy the materials then after I get payed I'll buy the extra parts. Anyways here's the new computer Also here are the specs on the "new" computer
Code:
Gateway Computer
Intel Pentium 4 3.4 Ghz (Minimum)
512MB DDR-RAM
80GB Hard Drive
DVD-RW Drive
Windows XP

Also when I saw DDR-RAM ummmm they discontinued that and the max that you can find is 1Gig cause my other computer is also DDR and I went all over Ottawa searching for 1 or 2 gigs of ram. And the maximum my old computer can old is 2Gigs

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Uhh, don't buy a new computer for such a project.

And you can build a much better computer for $220.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Uhh, don't buy a new computer for such a project.

And you can build a much better computer for $220.

Hmmm, Ok thank you! :) Also I can't wait like a long time cause I'm moving and not bringing a lot of stuff with me that's why. Also where can I get these parts for much better? Best buy? Tiger Direct? Factory Direct? Future shop? Even though Best buy and Future shop are the most expensive shops EVER but I saw a nice computer there 399.99 for 3.0GHz Triple core processor, 4 gigs of ram, 640HDD, 128 Graphics/Video card, And that's about it. I found it pretty good for 399.99?

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can build a quad core intel system for $400.

try

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You can build a quad core intel system for $400.

try

Thank you!! Also it's gonna be a 100 dollars less because I don't need a shell. Then it's gonna cost me another 150 for the extra stuff so pretty much even. Anyways thanks a lot again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back