Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Couple of Drawings

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot for the CnC! Could you be slightly more specific though. By "the bottom", do you mean it's legs? As in the very bottom or do you mean it's stomach? Or it's behind?
Also it's other ear wasn't included in the original photo, but if I find a different yet similar photo, I can make an attempt at creating one. It would have to be similar as I don't know enough about stag/deer anatomy yet. It's all about the angle it's pointed at, otherwise it will just look plain weird.

I've sadly run out of water colours, and the shop won't have any in stock until next month. So the stag painting will be put on hold for a bit. I did manage to buy some Gouache paint ( don't like it very much x) ) and some Oil paint sets. I haven't used them before except for two test runs I did a few days ago, but hopefully I can widen my usage of mediums through them.

This was a holiday assignment. Draw a sculpture of an ancient being, whether human or animal or mythic creature. I chose to do Poseidon/Neptune.

Done with a 2B and a 1B pencil, however the image quality doesn't look too good. I really need to invest in a new camera or rather a new phone!

or even a scanner?

I think you can get some reasonably cheap scanners these days, some where you feed the paper through like a laminator. Using a scanner will do your drawings better justice than taking a photo with any level of camera.
Or invest in a graphics tablet. It is something you have to get used to, but once you get your head around using one they are awesome to use too

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
or even a scanner?

I think you can get some reasonably cheap scanners these days, some where you feed the paper through like a laminator. Using a scanner will do your drawings better justice than taking a photo with any level of camera.
Or invest in a graphics tablet. It is something you have to get used to, but once you get your head around using one they are awesome to use too

I own a graphics tablet. And do scanners come in large sizes? I never considered one as I wasn't aware of whether or not people produce large ones. Most of my work, if not all are normally done on A3 and bigger.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can get a3 scanners yes. If I am right in seeing one that feeds through, as long as the width is fine, then the length can be however long. however I doubt that you would be painting on extremely long paper/canvas'...

for anything bigger than a3 at a reasonable price im not sure.

you can always scan each part of something, then stitch together in photoshop. It wouldn't be that hard, and everything scanned would scanned in the same conditions as the other parts, so no differences would be made.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Thanks alot for the CnC! Could you be slightly more specific though. By "the bottom", do you mean it's legs? As in the very bottom or do you mean it's stomach? Or it's behind?
Also it's other ear wasn't included in the original photo, but if I find a different yet similar photo, I can make an attempt at creating one. It would have to be similar as I don't know enough about stag/deer anatomy yet. It's all about the angle it's pointed at, otherwise it will just look plain weird.

- yea the stomach area. It should be round and smooth. Legs are fine.
- if you google stag, you can see alot of pictures where their head is turned toward or slightly toward the camera. I think is close to the orientation of the head in your drawing. You can see in that picture the head tilted more to the left than yours, but the right ear can be slightly seen. In your drawing, I think the ear should be seen a little more, or you can add it in like another "horn" (see below)

If I wasnt clear enough, then Ive

Done with a 2B and a 1B pencil, however the image quality doesn't look too good. I really need to invest in a new camera or rather a new phone![/QUOTE]

IMO:
- the trident doesnt look curvy enough. It looks like a fork to me.
- the right area under his left arm doesnt look correct. "Shaving" off some the black shadowish area will fix it.
- his left foot looks awful. I cant really see it if its there.
- the right stomach area could use a little trimming too. If I look straight down from his right armpit to his leg, it doesnt look right. Maybe its just me. Or maybe you need to add more meat? to the right thigh area (closer to the hip bone).

It still looks good! I really like the stone. All its curves and all its edges, look perfect with no imperfections (sorry but its stuck in my head, if you know what Im talking about :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
- yea the stomach area. It should be round and smooth. Legs are fine.
- if you google stag, you can see alot of pictures where their head is turned toward or slightly toward the camera. I think is close to the orientation of the head in your drawing. You can see in that picture the head tilted more to the left than yours, but the right ear can be slightly seen. In your drawing, I think the ear should be seen a little more, or you can add it in like another "horn" (see below)

If I wasnt clear enough, then Ive again and it appears that his right ear is infact visible, just only slightly. I mistook it for the beginning of it's horns and did not shade it darker to differentiate it. As for the horns, I'll make an attempt to transition them further to the right, but it will be a bit hard to do.

As for my pencil drawing;

Curvy enough? As in the handle/bar part or the top part? Aren't tridents supposed to be ?
Thanks for pointing out the 'hip meat' thing, I never noticed it but now its bothering me haha. I'll have to wait a bit before I can make any alterations, as I have already handed it in for marking. Hopefully I'll manage to correct it before they do.

For a change, I'm posting some digital art. I'm used to the tablet, but finding a nice colouring style is still something I'm trying to do. Ultimately I want to be able to interchange between different colouring styles when I'm painting digitally, but for the time being I want to develop a constant style that I can use while I improve.

I'm still having difficulties with drawing hair, so I didn't include any ( I will once I figure it out). Also, ignore the fact that you can see her scalp through the hat haha. I used way too many layers and it just got too confusing to try and rectify it without erasing those parts of her head.

Here's the reference used, from one of my S4League characters:

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Where have you been all my life? I truly hope you continue to watch this thread and to keep on giving the fantastic CnC that you have so far.
The bottom of the legs are covered by grass btw, which I will paint in along with the rest of the background once the shop has watercolour sets back in stock.
I do agree with a majority of the things you pointed out, except for the ear. In the example you provided, it still looks a bit off; sort of throws the angle of the horns off and makes it appear more 2D. However I looked at the again and it appears that his right ear is infact visible, just only slightly. I mistook it for the beginning of it's horns and did not shade it darker to differentiate it. As for the horns, I'll make an attempt to transition them further to the right, but it will be a bit hard to do.

I can see now why you have done the certain things in certain areas (the rigid belly, the frown, and the horns). The ear I drew is also wrong, but atleast you know its there.

As for my pencil drawing;
Curvy enough? As in the handle/bar part or the top part? Aren't tridents supposed to be ?
Thanks for pointing out the 'hip meat' thing, I never noticed it but now its bothering me haha. I'll have to wait a bit before I can make any alterations, as I have already handed it in for marking. Hopefully I'll manage to correct it before they do.

Indeed, from the picture you used, the trident doesnt have any curves, but from the tridents I've seen growing up ( from the to the ), their tridents were never that straight

For a change, I'm posting some digital art. I'm used to the tablet, but finding a nice colouring style is still something I'm trying to do. Ultimately I want to be able to interchange between different colouring styles when I'm painting digitally, but for the time being I want to develop a constant style that I can use while I improve.

I'm still having difficulties with drawing hair, so I didn't include any ( I will once I figure it out). Also, ignore the fact that you can see her scalp through the hat haha. I used way too many layers and it just got too confusing to try and rectify it without erasing those parts of her head.

Here's the reference used, from one of my S4League characters:

IMO:
- from the reference image, the hoodie or hat seems to be flat. Try making it longer by increasing its size vertically.
- from the reference image, if you zoom in really close, you can see the teeth of the hoodie have a curve at the sides. Might want to do that in your image as well; it looks better
- the face needs a nose and the mouth needs more detail

No rating for this one as its incomplete. Hope to see a complete product

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Apologies for the inactivity. We had (still have but for other subjects) a 24 hour exam for Art (split up into segments of 6 hours per day).
I managed to take a picture of one of my finals, as well as one of the prep pieces that were due along with it. Although it's incomplete, as I could not meet the deadline.

One of my finals - Done in water colour:

Incomplete prep piece - Done in Acrylic:

Good news however! The shop finally has water colours back in stock, and I have already bought a set for myself. I'll now be able to go back and complete the previous pieces once all my exams are over! (sometime before August),

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hehe nice paintings. Good luck for your exams mate :D

OffTopic : Good to see the section getting a bit active. KIU guys!!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
In order to really get some practice before I go to University, I'm going to take requests to draw any portrait. If you would like one, mention whether you want just a normal drawing of you (like the one below in the video), or if you would like for me to change it slightly (like the black and white one with horns).

chukiba - Couple of Drawings - RaGEZONE Forums

--------------

On a side note, here are some pieces I've worked on or completed using traditional art mediums during the course of the year (and last year), most of which are in water colour.

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Here's some of my photos , draw whichever you prefer :3

uIrtGEG - Couple of Drawings - RaGEZONE Forums

jNxhn8J - Couple of Drawings - RaGEZONE Forums

h5rj8eQ - Couple of Drawings - RaGEZONE Forums

Warning : my face may give you a horrific challenges. Good luck :D

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Here's some of my photos , draw whichever you prefer :3

uIrtGEG - Couple of Drawings - RaGEZONE Forums

jNxhn8J - Couple of Drawings - RaGEZONE Forums

h5rj8eQ - Couple of Drawings - RaGEZONE Forums

Warning : my face may give you a horrific challenges. Good luck :D

I tried experimenting a bit with the watercolour brush this time around, however
I didn't quite manage to get your likeness 100%.

I'm going to keep trying. Could I know your favourite song by chance? I'd like to make a timelapse video to accompany the drawing

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I tried experimenting a bit with the watercolour brush this time around, however
I didn't quite manage to get your likeness 100%.

I'm going to keep trying. Could I know your favourite song by chance? I'd like to make a timelapse video to accompany the drawing

ey that's impressive. My favourite song is back street boys - Drowning

at those lips tho xD Splendid work buddy

Back