Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Hobbyist Photographer

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Happy new year!

Well, I would have joined the other photography thread but I don't use instagram for my photos, instead I've chosen flickr.

I mostly do this when I get a chance, since I'm always busy with work or my personal projects.

I don't own a professional camera, sometimes I use my phone camera (xperia sola - most of the time), my portable video camera (sony bloggie) to take stills and a cheap samsung digital camera. Maybe some day I'll get a pro one, hopefully.

For now, I'm just taking pictures of anything, mostly nature, and I don't have a particular theme yet.

Well, here I'll leave a couple random photos and a link to my flickr page, If anyone has a flicker, would be really great to share it, and see what you guys do.

My flickr page:

Read ya!

Reaction score
There all so shartp crispy and beautifull, Really like the kitten in the hand the most.
Very detailed.

can i use these images as place holding pictures for upcoming webdesigns?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There all so shartp crispy and beautifull, Really like the kitten in the hand the most.
Very detailed.

can i use these images as place holding pictures for upcoming webdesigns?

Hi Kyu! Thank you! I'm glad you liked them. Sure, you can use them any time you want.

Reaction score
To be honest I really like them. The first one does give away you aren't using a professional camera. But I have to say I really enjoy looking at these.
The style of the second one with the lamp and the gungy looking one with the wasplooking animal are my favorites.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To be honest I really like them. The first one does give away you aren't using a professional camera. But I have to say I really enjoy looking at these.
The style of the second one with the lamp and the gungy looking one with the wasplooking animal are my favorites.

Thank you very much Elian! I really like how this one bulb turned out also. The light is the key with this cheap phone cameras, it would be impossible for me to take photos at night for example. I have 400+ photos in my flickr page if you guys want to check them out. Thanks again!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Loved all of them, sharp and neat, really good quality for this kind of width and height. Because it makes the details you added to be much clearer.

Can't wait to get a good phone like probably an iPhone 6 and get an VSCO app and some fish eyes. My 4S is really crappy when I want these kind of shots.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Loved all of them, sharp and neat, really good quality for this kind of width and height. Because it makes the details you added to be much clearer.

Can't wait to get a good phone like probably an iPhone 6 and get an VSCO app and some fish eyes. My 4S is really crappy when I want these kind of shots.

Thank you very much! Sharpness is a life saver!

I've heard the iPhone 6 camera does a great job. In my case I find the SONY cameras to be the best bet. I'd like to get my hands on the Xperia Z 5 model to try what they've been advertising.

Thanks again!. When you get a chance to take some photos, will you be posting them? It would be great to check them out!

Have a great day!

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Amazing dude! If you are looking forward to make a website for your photography i'll br glad to be the one who designs it, seeing that some people still doing this and love the nature just feels amazing!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you use apps or import your photos and photoshop them through your computer?

Hi! I import them to my computer and use Adobe Photoshop 7.0. A bit of sharpness, light correction and some times color balance, depending on the picture, not all require the same treatment. :)

Ohh, and some of them have changed their hue and some desaturated.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Nice photos. I think photo post-processing can make a big difference if you are good at it. (Which you seem to be). I am working on it myself, I've only used raw shots before. Lately I've been working on learning Adobe Lightroom, and I really like it.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Holy poop, a PS CS7 user.. I heard its pretty harder than cs6 extended ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice photos. I think photo post-processing can make a big difference if you are good at it. (Which you seem to be). I am working on it myself, I've only used raw shots before. Lately I've been working on learning Adobe Lightroom, and I really like it.

Thank you :) I'm still working on that, and I just enjoy it so much, it's like every photo has a personality of its own and needs to be treated accordingly, so, great deals of fun are involved in the post-processing stage. I myself haven't experienced raw photo editing but I'm looking forward to when I get my hands on some professional canon or nikon camera. I need to check Lightroom as well.

Holy poop, a PS CS7 user.. I heard its pretty harder than cs6 extended ?

Oh no, I'm talking about the classic Photoshop 7 from 2002, which successfully does the job for me, I don't need anything else for now, maybe some day if go further than this, I will consider checking out the current versions.

RickStrife - The Hobbyist Photographer - RaGEZONE Forums

Thank you all :)

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, well I would like to suggest Photoshop CS6 Extended because it's the best and good luck with your career because you're a very good photographer!

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you :) I'm still working on that, and I just enjoy it so much, it's like every photo has a personality of its own and needs to be treated accordingly, so, great deals of fun are involved in the post-processing stage. I myself haven't experienced raw photo editing but I'm looking forward to when I get my hands on some professional canon or nikon camera. I need to check Lightroom as well.
Well by "I've only used raw shots before" I mean, I used to just use the photos as they were shot with no processing other than a tiny bit of cropping. Anything I printed or shared or entered into contests etc, was just as I took the photo. So I had some (what I thought at least) nice shots but never the polished wow factor. I wish for a professional camera as well. Mine is mid-range and honestly is pretty good for learning for me for now. I have a Cannon t4i and then 4 different lenses. (macro, telephoto and 2 with decent mm ranges that are more multipurpose, including the kit lens)

Photoshop is too overwhelming to me, I have always used GIMP. LightRoom to me seems like more of the tools I need for photos, as I don't want to change the photo but just enhance it. I'm sure it can do more than I do with it, I'm totally at the beginning stages of learning. I have a friend (whom I met gaming) who does some professional photos who got me into LightRoom. When I get better at that, then I want to get into HDR photos, and those can definitely have the wow factor.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Nice pictures, I've checked your Flickr page and must say that I like the fact that your pictures are pictures of everyday stuff. A cat, a dog, a flower.

Impressive!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well by "I've only used raw shots before" I mean, I used to just use the photos as they were shot with no processing other than a tiny bit of cropping. Anything I printed or shared or entered into contests etc, was just as I took the photo. So I had some (what I thought at least) nice shots but never the polished wow factor. I wish for a professional camera as well. Mine is mid-range and honestly is pretty good for learning for me for now. I have a Cannon t4i and then 4 different lenses. (macro, telephoto and 2 with decent mm ranges that are more multipurpose, including the kit lens)

Photoshop is too overwhelming to me, I have always used GIMP. LightRoom to me seems like more of the tools I need for photos, as I don't want to change the photo but just enhance it. I'm sure it can do more than I do with it, I'm totally at the beginning stages of learning. I have a friend (whom I met gaming) who does some professional photos who got me into LightRoom. When I get better at that, then I want to get into HDR photos, and those can definitely have the wow factor.

I would love to check them out! Do you have them some place online?

Oh I dream about a macro lens, I really wish to capture insects and little animals in detail, I feel so curious about that, (not roaches tho, i feel bad to say that I don't like them at all). And I'm sure I'm gonna have a lot of fun playing with lenses some day. I'm really looking forward to see your photos if possible and hopefully anyone's joining this topic.

Photoshop its quite straightforward for the basic things I'm doing for example. I bet there are other fancy methods I don't know and still don't need, so is not really difficult once you find your workflow. I must say I use 3 or 4 functions max when I'm working with my photos, and that's all, but that's just me, in the end it's just a matter of personal preference, although open the GIMP to take a look at the tools offered has been tingling my mind the past days. Maybe Lightroom is all I need, who knows, now I really need to check it out.

Would be interesting to check you progress :)

Nice pictures, I've checked your Flickr page and must say that I like the fact that your pictures are pictures of everyday stuff. A cat, a dog, a flower.

Impressive!

Thank you very much!. Everyday stuff is really interesting once we pay attention to them. We are kind of missing a lot cool things everyday, there's beauty in every single thing, and thanks to photography now I find fascination in things I never paid attention to. It's a nice feeling.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Being a photographer is really very cool! I like the style of your photos, ordinary snapshots of everyday life. Being a photographer in the 21st century is profitable. Every wedding is not without a photographer. When I had my wedding, we booked this photographer , and we did not regret it. Every picture is filled with energy. Even if you were not at the wedding, you could understand how everything was through the photos. I want to learn how to take high-quality photos. My friend will give me a good camera, can you advise me where to start?

Last edited:
Back