Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Photography

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share some photos I've taken the last couple of months, great to see people interested in photography in here.

Feel free to leave constructive criticism, they are more then welcome.

Due to the images being extremely large, I couldn't put them in image tags. You can however just click the links!

Dogs

Just a cute picture of my sisters dog Dennis. Couldn't find the original (likely on my other computer), but been edited twice, first in Photoshop/Lightroom, later on instagram with a filter and a crop.

Another picture of Dennis, this image is completely unedited. He's playing around with his "best friend" pillow, called Kåre, haha.

Dennis and Oskar, true best friends. Unedited photo. You have no idea how difficult it is to make both of them focus on the camera at the same time. I spent at least a half an hour getting good shots of these two.

Well aware of the head in the top left corner, should've cropped that out. I'm just to lazy editing it and uploading it again at the moment. Just excuse the head. Another unedited photo of Dennis.

Just climbing a mountain, last dog photo for this time. :):

Landscape

Just a nice shot I took while climbing a really small hill behind our family cottage. Been tweaking the colors a bit.

Non-edited landscape photo I took at home. The sky was absolutely beautiful that day, so I took the car and drove for awhile to get some nice shots.

An old photo I took while walking in the woods nearby my house. Been edited in Photoshop.

This is highly modified, but I was going for a fantasy theme. Not sure how I liked the outcome though.

The sea and the shore in Kalvåg Norway. Edited, although the weather was indeed nice enough that day.

Etc - Just me playing around with the camera.

Just a late fridays evening.

Occasionally Norway gets so cold, you have to fire up.

Hope you liked them!

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I absolutely love the dog photos. I am such a lover of dogs. The second and third photos are favourites. The second one because the dog is watching the sunset and it is so cute. The third because the dog of the left which I believe is Oskar looks like a little fluffy toy dog. I love photography, especially when you get that perfect picture.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love the dog photos. I am such a lover of dogs. The second and third photos are favourites. The second one because the dog is watching the sunset and it is so cute. The third because the dog of the left which I believe is Oskar looks like a little fluffy toy dog. I love photography, especially when you get that perfect picture.

Thanks a lot mate! Dog photos are definitely a favorite for me as well, not only because they are extremely cute animals, but also because they are tricky doing. :): Takes awhile and quite a lot of hot dogs getting them to do what you want, haha.

Thanks for your feedback, glad you liked them!

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks a lot mate! Dog photos are definitely a favorite for me as well, not only because they are extremely cute animals, but also because they are tricky doing. :): Takes awhile and quite a lot of hot dogs getting them to do what you want, haha.

Thanks for your feedback, glad you liked them!

Feeding them hot dogs? Isn't that cannibalism :p

On a serious note, I do love looking at photography and I am so looking forward to more photography in this section and from you too.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Are you using the camera on auto?

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Are you using the camera on auto?

No, at least not always. I had my camera in S mode ( Shutter priority ) when taking the photos of the dogs. The photos had to be taken quickly as they moved so fast, but I also had to keep the shutter open long enough to get enough light.

Nor did I use auto mode for most of my landscape photos. Why did you ask? :):

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The camera is picking up on the light in the sunset rather than the dogs. you would be better off putting into manual and playing with the ISO, and shutter speed. The dogs aren't coming up as well as they should be. Trust me I have the same problem, but with black dogs!

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The camera is picking up on the light in the sunset rather than the dogs. you would be better off putting into manual and playing with the ISO, and shutter speed. The dogs aren't coming up as well as they should be. Trust me I have the same problem, but with black dogs!

This definitely applies for the 4th dog image, not sure about the other ones though. At least not the first and the last, they are properly focused. But it's hard doing all of this while keeping the dogs still for the shot to be taken. I wasn't in auto mode, but I was in shutter priority/speed mode. The focus might be a bit off in the 3rd picture as well.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I know, but the camera still struggles to take a proper image. I have this problem when shooting gigs as it is limited lighting, people moving all the time and the lighting actually changing. Its best to play around with manual! You have taken good shots but can have better ones.
Have you also tried shooting with a flash? At that time of day a flash gun with shutter speed of 125 will mean the sky will be the lovely with your doggies lit up perfectly

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
With what did you take these picture? A tin can? The quallity is awfull, you have some really good landscapes there though. Just wondering, did you go on a vacation there, or you live there?
Nikon D5100. How's the quality awful? The quality is actually really good, it's just the focus. I live here, it's Norway.

I know, but the camera still struggles to take a proper image. I have this problem when shooting gigs as it is limited lighting, people moving all the time and the lighting actually changing. Its best to play around with manual! You have taken good shots but can have better ones.
Have you also tried shooting with a flash? At that time of day a flash gun with shutter speed of 125 will mean the sky will be the lovely with your doggies lit up perfectly
Yeah exactly. No didn't try using flash, might buy a really good one though, but I also want a steady tripod as well. I completely agree when it comes to the dogs not being in focus in some of the images, and they turn out darker then they should, also due to the lightning. So we the details in their faces for instance is more or less vanished. I'll do more manual mode from now on then, even though it's hard getting perfect settings while in a hurry getting a good shot.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It is buy once you get a good setting its amazing. If you use a flash gun you rarely need to change settings

Back