Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

how to find exactly a process when it always renames after reopening?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I'm having a hard time in c# trying to detect a process of an application that changes its name every time it reopens. I tried searching with MainWindowTitle but that makes sense because it doesn't exist and the process name keeps changing. Is there a better way to detect it?Looking forward to your help, I will be grateful.

Reaction score
are the any sort of pattern to the name? like?? (game1, game2) etc..

if there is then you can search string for the basic of say "game" and then you could enumerate all the handles find the process and attach it your c# application.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you for your response,I'm trying to scan for exactly 1 app that has a random name that's a random string of characters, I've tried everything I understand but it can show up but I can't pinpoint its name each change.Can I talk to you directly through Discord? I really need help, I'll be grateful.

Staff member
Reaction score
How can you reproduce something that is random? If the window name changes, you can try to find the window by its class name.

Assuming it was provided by the app when it called CreateWindow. Try debugging to see how CreateWindow is being called (the parameters)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How can you reproduce something that is random? If the window name changes, you can try to find the window by its class name.

Assuming it was provided by the app when it called CreateWindow. Try debugging to see how CreateWindow is being called (the parameters)

I have tried many ways but this is not possible, this cheater even renames itself, hides the title after every 1 successful boot.I have found a solution by accessing the address it generates and blocking it, but limited access cannot kill the process with c# process.kill() statementsI think this method will be available for now but maybe in the future it will update and block this.

Reaction score
I have tried many ways but this is not possible, this cheater even renames itself, hides the title after every 1 successful boot.I have found a solution by accessing the address it generates and blocking it, but limited access cannot kill the process with c# process.kill() statementsI think this method will be available for now but maybe in the future it will update and block this.

Most of the anti-cheat software monitor the application memory, external manipulation of the binary, debugger getting attached to the process (cheat engine, Ollydbg etc.) and detecting macros getting executed (bot detection) rather than trying to find the cheat/trainer software process name or window name. You should focus on these areas rather than trying to find the cheat process as its just easy to change those.

Back