Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone out there experienced with making phone applications?

Reaction score
Sssssssoooooo..... I've been writing this book, but I'm having trouble actually writing the book. Long story short, I have depression issues because of my current life, and monetary situation. I've realized however, I could easily make this idea into something like a phone application, kinda like a visual novel, and while it's in development, I could possibly be making some sort of monetary gain doing something I enjoy at the same time, being creative. The problem is, I don't know where to start at all. I have ideas for art, and kinda how I'd like to direct the project, I'd even be in the market for a partner/mentor, granted they wouldn't just try to con me....

So is anyone out there more versed in this area, and perhaps even interested in teaching/partnering up on an interesting project with a guy who's been writing Lovecraftian horror fiction?

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
What's the target platform?

If it's Android you can either do it in Java (Android Studio) or .NET (With Xaramin).
If it's iPhone/iOS you can either go with Apple's dev tools to Xaramin (.NET).

Xaramin is cross-platform.

Another option is just making a mobile compatible website and run it in a wrapper application.

Reaction score
Jeez, I had totally forgotten I'd posted this.... o.o; I still wanna kinda figure stuff out, but writing a book AND coding it into an app sounds like 100x the work...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I find web development to be a great alternative to phone native app development - the learning curve is far less daunting. You could make a responsive web application that works on all platforms via the browser. You could even use Electronjs to convert your web apps into standalone applications.

Back