Need Help Doubt About Handle Packets C#

True MemberRank
    Jul 2009 Join Date
    brazilLocation
    431Posts

Hello there is someone willing to help me with any questions about handling packet in C#

i got some problem when exemple:

1: sometimes game client send a list of packet in the same buffer and need split it before processing ( but it's not the biggest problem sometimes in the list of packets any packet dont comes complete exemple let's say all packets have same size of 1000bytes and then recive a list of packets size 2500bytes so Let's suppose the third packets comes incomplete i have difficult to fill this incomplete packet and im not sure if the way im doing the split buffer are really corect)
    Last edited by vergil250493; 17-06-20 at 01:45 AM.

True MemberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    1,174Posts

Re: Need Help Doubt About Handle Packets C#

You mentioned client, what game is it for, If you mind me asking?
    The pressure of human nature does not equal the presence of human persistence.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    127.0.0.1Location
    688Posts

Re: Need Help Doubt About Handle Packets C#

Quote Originally Posted by vergil250493 View Post
    Hello there is someone willing to help me with any questions about handling packet in C#

i got some problem when exemple:

1: sometimes game client send a list of packet in the same buffer and need split it before processing ( but it's not the biggest problem sometimes in the list of packets any packet dont comes complete exemple let's say all packets have same size of 1000bytes and then recive a list of packets size 2500bytes so Let's suppose the third packets comes incomplete i have difficult to fill this incomplete packet and im not sure if the way im doing the split buffer are really corect)
    Some of the old MMOs do send mutiple packets in a single go. Usually packet body has header which contains length of each individual packet.

While we were developing emulator for A3 Online MMO we wrote a method called SplitPacket which splits the received packet into multiple piece based on the length specified. You can check the code here https://github.com/cyberinferno/Zone...Packet.cs#L244
    ** Web developer **

Advertisement