Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Just some advice please.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently started at university studying Computing and I.T.

My dream is to become an Android application/Game developer but I'm just looking for a bit of advice.

I want to use unity.

What other programmes would you recommend also what programming languages would you recommend learning, I've heard java and or kotlin aswell as C++?

If you can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Ben

Reaction score
I think you should take a look at JavaScript as it is a very popular scripting language which can fit into many roles. It can be used to build web frontend (ReactJS, Angular, VueJS etc.), web backend (NodeJS), cross platform desktop applications (Electron) and mobile applications (React Native, Vue Native, Ion etc.). So whichever route you want to pursue in the future you can use the same scripting language.

Reaction score
When you want to use Unity, all you need is C# and maybe some php/html5.
If you really want to learn more, learn C++ and how to wrap to unity (dont know but i recently read something about using C++ natively in unity).
Also you should maybe get some knowledge about Android Studio :wink:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Generally, I recommend doing some research to find what languages are in demand in your area or the area you wish to work.
However, some languages are more versatile than others. For example, Java is a great all-around language that can be used for Android development, web development, and more. Kotlin is also a versatile language that is gaining popularity. C++ is another good option, particularly if you're interested in game development. References I took from an . Ultimately, it's important to find a language that you enjoy working with and that meets your needs. There are many great options out there, so don't be afraid to experiment until you find the right fit.

Last edited:
Back