Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Laravel with ReactJS or VueJS

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone, recently I decided to make a web application using Laravel. The idea is making something like an online shop, that eventually will be a mobile application. Just to give you some ideas, the concept will be something similar to the app goPuff ( ).

So, first I want to know what to use, ReactJS or VueJS.
Since I don't have a lot of knowledge on building mobile apps, I will first start building the website application, and then, I will try to create the mobile app.

I have few questions:

Which one do you prefer?
Which one is more popular?
Which one have you used before?
Is it a good choice to use Laravel with ReactJS or VueJS for a mobile app?
What's the best way to migrate a website app to a mobile app?

If you have any tutorials or something like that I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Have a good day.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I check the site they are using Vue.js, and they use PWA there's a lot of ways to build this but the question is how much experience do you have overall don't get confused which is better React or Vue because basically they just manipulate DOM in easier way it comes down to preference.

To answer your question:
1. I preferred Vue.js because I have more working experience on it.
2. ReactJS and AngularJS has more jobs just search in your area e.g. react jobs or vue jobs
3. #answer 1
4. For mobile app? well if we are talking about RESTFul API, Yes. To be consumed by mobile app and front-end (Vue/React/Angular)
5. I'm not sure about migrating website app to a mobile app because they are not the same since the one run through browser and not.

Do you have a team or your alone? if you have a team ask them if they have experience in React or Vue and sum them and decide which front-end to be used.

For back-end go for laravel and build the API, while you can use Nuxt, Gastby.js for SSR then consume the Laravel API.

For cross platform mobile development if you know React then React Native, If Vue there is NativeScript, if you know Dart go for Flutter.

If you don't need to use all mobile SDK API, and you wanted to maintain one codebase try PWA.

I think before building the application you should focus on information architecture, requirements and so on just make sure you ready the required features before building things and sketching it helps to build your MVP.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I check the site they are using Vue.js, and they use PWA there's a lot of ways to build this but the question is how much experience do you have overall don't get confused which is better React or Vue because basically they just manipulate DOM in easier way it comes down to preference.

To answer your question:
1. I preferred Vue.js because I have more working experience on it.
2. ReactJS and AngularJS has more jobs just search in your area e.g. react jobs or vue jobs
3. #answer 1
4. For mobile app? well if we are talking about RESTFul API, Yes. To be consumed by mobile app and front-end (Vue/React/Angular)
5. I'm not sure about migrating website app to a mobile app because they are not the same since the one run through browser and not.

Do you have a team or your alone? if you have a team ask them if they have experience in React or Vue and sum them and decide which front-end to be used.

For back-end go for laravel and build the API, while you can use Nuxt, Gastby.js for SSR then consume the Laravel API.

For cross platform mobile development if you know React then React Native, If Vue there is NativeScript, if you know Dart go for Flutter.

If you don't need to use all mobile SDK API, and you wanted to maintain one codebase try PWA.

I think before building the application you should focus on information architecture, requirements and so on just make sure you ready the required features before building things and sketching it helps to build your MVP.

Thanks for the reply.

I am building the app alone, this is the first time I try to build a mobile application. And yeah, I was checking the React Native documentation and it looks nice, the fact that you can build cross-platform applications made me choose it.

And also, I picked React too, because as you said, it looks like there are more job opportunities.
So just to clarify, first I need to build the Laravel API, then consume it with the front-end framework (React Native). This is the first time I am doing it, so I am having some troubles.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I am building the app alone, this is the first time I try to build a mobile application. And yeah, I was checking the React Native documentation and it looks nice, the fact that you can build cross-platform applications made me choose it.

And also, I picked React too, because as you said, it looks like there are more job opportunities.
So just to clarify, first I need to build the Laravel API, then consume it with the front-end framework (React Native). This is the first time I am doing it, so I am having some troubles.

No worries, it is fine there's a lot of tutorials about react native in Udemy. If you are more on the front-end then go with react, actually even tho you don't have experience in react you can learn react native.

Build your back-end (Laravel) for API then you can build your front-end (SPA/SSR) then consume it, if you don't care with SEO then go for SPA since you will get the mobile app feels.

Finish the MVP in the web then go for the mobile I would say react native does not support all the native API so you need to port some native api to react native unlike nativescript and flutter they can use the built in api for native but the advantage of react native is as a front-end you can learn it easy.

Good luck just keep building and build your portfolio make sure to finish it because it easy to start a project and finishing it is the hardest part that is why Visual design or High fidelity prototype is a huge plus by building MVP.

Tips: if you find it hard just remember why you started programming nothing is easy just keep pushing

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
No worries, it is fine there's a lot of tutorials about react native in Udemy. If you are more on the front-end then go with react, actually even tho you don't have experience in react you can learn react native.

Build your back-end (Laravel) for API then you can build your front-end (SPA/SSR) then consume it, if you don't care with SEO then go for SPA since you will get the mobile app feels.

Finish the MVP in the web then go for the mobile I would say react native does not support all the native API so you need to port some native api to react native unlike nativescript and flutter they can use the built in api for native but the advantage of react native is as a front-end you can learn it easy.

Good luck just keep building and build your portfolio make sure to finish it because it easy to start a project and finishing it is the hardest part that is why Visual design or High fidelity prototype is a huge plus by building MVP.

Tips: if you find it hard just remember why you started programming nothing is easy just keep pushing
I am having some problems making the routes on Laravel and React. If you know any tutorial that I can follow I will really appreciate it.
Thanks for your help btw.

Back