Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Movie Scrapper website

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello, i would like to ask if anyone is interested in creating movie scrapper website, where you could potentially watch movies online without annoying pop-ups.

How does it work:
- I use imdb to get all information about movie, currently i have implemented to search movies by imdb id only
- I use gomovies as movie listing provider, where i find links where you can watch movies
- I use yiffy torrent tracker to find HD torrent links to movies
- I use youtube api to get trailers, etc

More movie listing sites and torrent trackers must be added to make site useful since i'm filtering broken and intrusive sites out.

More info PM.

EDIT: Mostly im looking for front-end developers but back-end developers are welcome too

Made with:
- Laravel 5.8
- Guzzle HTTP Request library
- Goute HTTP Web scrapper library
- PHP 7

Currently working features:
- Search movie by IMDB ID.
- Shows latest movie reviews
- Shows movie ratings
- Shows actors acting in movie
- Shows similar movies (you can click and view all movies)
- Shows youtube trailers
- Shows torrent download links
- Caches movie data for faster access after first request
- Retrieves and downloads movie posters and images in separate php threads using Laravel Queue

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good luck finding a hosting provider that is...
a) willing to keep your services up for longer than a day after release.
b) dismiss any and all copyright and takedown claims from _any_ company or corporation.
c) get anywhere with PHP as the main language.. especially considering all you've said so far. The client is gonna experience these long queries of waiting where PHP is sending all of that data and handling it.

Should've gone with perhaps node.js.

Reaction score
Good luck finding a hosting provider that is...
a) willing to keep your services up for longer than a day after release.
b) dismiss any and all copyright and takedown claims from _any_ company or corporation.
c) get anywhere with PHP as the main language.. especially considering all you've said so far. The client is gonna experience these long queries of waiting where PHP is sending all of that data and handling it.

Should've gone with perhaps node.js.

Stop underestimating PHP. This isn't 2005 with PHP 5. PHP 7.2 has lot of performance upgrades and works almost on par with NodeJS. If waiting time is very long for search then perhaps query has to be optimized or query caching like Memcached or Redis has to be implemented.

Back