Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MySQL or XML to build a site template?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what would be a more efficient way to build a template for my CMS.

At the moment, the template is being taken out of the MySQL database every time the site is loaded, and I'm worried that this will cause issues on a live production site with many visitors.

Here's how it looks like at the moment:

With that being said, would it be better performance wise to put the template into an XML file, or a simple txt file and getting the template from there.

:?:

Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what would be a more efficient way to build a template for my CMS.

At the moment, the template is being taken out of the MySQL database every time the site is loaded, and I'm worried that this will cause issues on a live production site with many visitors.

Here's how it looks like at the moment:

With that being said, would it be better performance wise to put the template into an XML file, or a simple txt file and getting the template from there.

:?:

Why are you storing the template in SQL at all? SQL isn't your filesystem.

It'd be best to save it to a cache folder locally. Look into what Smarty does.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is it really necessary to repeat the same thing multiple times?

Why are you storing the template in SQL at all? SQL isn't your filesystem.

At the time I was developing this CMS, this was the easiest way to go about it, and it was only on my localhost. Now that I have plans to use it on a bigger site, I am looking into possibly performance issues, and trying to get it as efficient as I can.

It'd be best to save it to a cache folder locally. Look into what Smarty does.
Thanks for the advice - I will be sure to look at Smarty. :8:

Anyways, closing this thread as my question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back