Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Starting Wordpress

Ball like Wall
Reaction score
I've just started working with Wordpress (setup a Wordpress site locally) but tbh, I have no idea what I'm doing. Does anyone know any useful tutorials or websites that can help get better acquainted with Wordpress?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Reaction score
Wordpress is so easy to setup that it doesn't need a tutorial. But for you :

1. Download
2. Install it in C:\XAMPP (basically just follow the instructions in the setup wizzard)
3. Click "Start Xampp" shortcut in C:\XAMPP folder
4. Open a browser , type in
5. Click "Create Database" and in the name field insert Wordpress
6. Download latest Wordpress from and unzip it
7. Go to C:\XAMPP\htdocs and delete everything inside it
8. Copy the contents of Wordpress.zip to C:\XAMPP\htdocs
9. Go to your browser again and type in
10. If you did everything a page should appear with wordpress logo on it , and saying you missing a config file , click "Create" or whatever that button says .
11. In the config fields , database is "Wordpress" without quotes , mysql host is "localhost" without quotes , password is nothing , user is "root" without quotes , that's it , click continue.
12. On the next page it asks you to type in a site title , an administrator username and password , an e-mail , and than press finish.
13. Now you have a wordpress fully working on
14. You can access the admin panel on

Reaction score
Wordpress is so easy to setup that it doesn't need a tutorial. But for you :

1. Download
2. Install it in C:\XAMPP (basically just follow the instructions in the setup wizzard)
3. Click "Start Xampp" shortcut in C:\XAMPP folder
4. Open a browser , type in
5. Click "Create Database" and in the name field insert Wordpress
6. Download latest Wordpress from and unzip it
7. Go to C:\XAMPP\htdocs and delete everything inside it
8. Copy the contents of Wordpress.zip to C:\XAMPP\htdocs
9. Go to your browser again and type in
10. If you did everything a page should appear with wordpress logo on it , and saying you missing a config file , click "Create" or whatever that button says .
11. In the config fields , database is "Wordpress" without quotes , mysql host is "localhost" without quotes , password is nothing , user is "root" without quotes , that's it , click continue.
12. On the next page it asks you to type in a site title , an administrator username and password , an e-mail , and than press finish.
13. Now you have a wordpress fully working on
14. You can access the admin panel on

Do you even read before you post? He said he already has it set up, just needs tutorials on how to use it.

@op- Its not hard to use. You can install plugins from the net without having to download them, as well as themes. Its all point and click. Check out wordpress.org. If you can't learn from that then you're retarded.

Not trying to be offensive. Wordpress really is that easy to use.

Reaction score
Do you even read before you post? He said he already has it set up, just needs tutorials on how to use it.

@op- Its not hard to use. You can install plugins from the net without having to download them, as well as themes. Its all point and click. Check out wordpress.org. If you can't learn from that then you're retarded.

Not trying to be offensive. Wordpress really is that easy to use.
Mk, does that make you retarded since you don't realize at your age that everybody learns at their own pace? No, it makes you ignorant. If you simply refrain from using the wrong word at the wrong times and you won't be offensive. I shouldn't have even called you out for being ignorant- that too, is offensive.

Joocy, What parts of wordpress do you have trouble with? Basically, you do everything in the Administration panel. Do keep in mind that WordPress is blogging software- so the point of WordPress is for you to make blog entries. Just start fiddling around in the admin panel, but there are tutorials (such as the ones Solo! posted) for more advanced things such as plugins and themes.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Mk, does that make you retarded since you don't realize at your age that everybody learns at their own pace? No, it makes you ignorant. If you simply refrain from using the wrong word at the wrong times and you won't be offensive. I shouldn't have even called you out for being ignorant- that too, is offensive.

Joocy, What parts of wordpress do you have trouble with? Basically, you do everything in the Administration panel. Do keep in mind that WordPress is blogging software- so the point of WordPress is for you to make blog entries. Just start fiddling around in the admin panel, but there are tutorials (such as the ones Solo! posted) for more advanced things such as plugins and themes.

He was joking to extent. Because everyone knows that Wordpress is most likely the easier blogging web software out there. It's quite literally made for people that are incapable of making of setting one up.

@op. I don't mean to be offensive, but just take your time in looking over it, I understand everyone has to learn. Trust me, I have gone through things myself and been the last one left behind. Just read it and try to understand as much as you can and ask questions for specific things to sort it out :)

Reactions: Ron
Back