Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Easy WinRAR x64 Patching Tutorial

Reaction score
Hey there, long time no see!

So, I have made this back in 2016 and has been working ever since, so I decided to share.

Should only work in the x64 version.

The benefits of using a patcher for cracking WinRAR include being able to bypass the registration process, being able to use the program without having to provide personal information. Additionally, using a patcher can help to keep your computer safe from malware and other malicious software that may be included with the other patchers/crackers.

The patch is basically changing one single bit of the binary (byte 0x74 to 0x75).

WinRAR has this portion of code:
Code:
je  0x6
mov al,0x1
jmp 0x6e

After patching, it will become:
Code:
jne  0x6
mov al,0x1
jmp 0x6e

Hex:
Code:
74 04 B0 01 EB 68 C7

If you modify the byte before this, it's either 0x74 (unpatched) or 0x75 (patched). All you have to do is change 74 to 75 (from je to jne) and it's patched.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________​

First go to your preferred hex editor in Administrator mode (so you can manipulate the binary, as it's write-protected)

I will use HxD hex editor:

Open C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe

Then Find > Hex Values

Search for the HEX (there will be only one with this pattern):

Code:
74 04 B0 01 EB 68 C7

3GRh9F6 - Easy WinRAR x64 Patching Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Click OK and you shall find the unpatched byte data

QYaikFV - Easy WinRAR x64 Patching Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums
Double click 74 and change to 75

cPfMY2c - Easy WinRAR x64 Patching Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Then Ctrl + S to save.

Result:

pmBniP2 - Easy WinRAR x64 Patching Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Hex end result:
Code:
75 04 B0 01 EB 68 C7

Save, and you're patched. It's incredible how it's easy to patch winrar, even after so many years. And it's one bit change (from 01110100 to 01110101). I made this back in 2016 using IDA Pro, and it was my first successful patch. Then I wrote a powershell script (and C++, and C#, and Brainfuck) which I won't be sharing in regards to rule 17 from RaGEZONE Forums.

And well, you know, you could use something else instead of Winrar :junglejane:

this is the easiest patch I've ever came across. do not judge

Tools used: IDA Pro

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back