Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WPF Picture Outside Form

Blade & Soul Eldoria Developer
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
hey guys i creating a small simple launcher for a game however i want that my picture will be
left cornder outside the form , i already advice with some members on visual studio members in discord
and i dont think they realize what i want to do , so i want to advice with you as this site are many developers used this kind of style picture in thier launchers

[GM]Xia - WPF Picture Outside Form - RaGEZONE Forums

but this the result i get , any one here know what i doing wrong .?

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅1̲̅)̲̅$ ̲̅]
Reaction score
hey guys i creating a small simple launcher for a game however i want that my picture will be
left cornder outside the form , i already advice with some members on visual studio members in discord
and i dont think they realize what i want to do , so i want to advice with you as this site are many developers used this kind of style picture in thier launchers

but this the result i get , any one here know what i doing wrong .?
This link might help you or others with this.

Reaction score
Tip:
Make your form wider.
Set the transparency.
Then make a Panel, behind the "kissing image".

The simplest approach is that you make an Image, with the "kissing" and the "panel" in the background.
Then use that as your Background image while you set the transparency of the form.

Now, your next problem is the Alphablend.

In my launchers, my approach is 2 forms.
1 form is the background (image), 2nd form is where the elements are (buttons, textboxes etc).
Then these 2 forms will be overlayed on top of each other.
Its a bit complex but it gets the work done.

Edit:
Mind you, WPF does this things a bit easier compared to win forms.
Im using Win Forms in my example but it should give you the idea how to implement it.

Good luck.

If need a launcher for Blade & Soul, you know who to contact. XD

Last edited:
Back