Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

About 2232 protection methods

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys.
Its been a while since i messed with rf, for all i knew the 2.2.3 version had many problems, like dupes and players being able to use gm commands with cheat engines..and they could also crash the server
by using clean files (2232), what does a server administrator need to be aware of (for general server protection)?
do we need to turn auction/mail off? are there many kinds of dupes?
what about ddos and sql injects, what can we do to stop these?
anything related to what a bad player can do to kill the server and a counter for it will be a great information
and which protections are the best avaiable? ( both paid and free)
thanks

Reaction score
not really sure about quest, dont know if it's still possible to dupe through quest,
also mail and quest and trade, and reward seem already fix in rshield module if i'm not wrong? o_O
well either way, the good news, you can create your own protection/module from source in release section if you willing to learn,

dont want to talk about paid service, this is a place for development...
and it should be free,
dont ask about paid service here please...

Upvote 0
Reaction score
To be completely safe:

Disable:
* Mail
* Auction House
* Quest Rewards

To actually fix these issues, you can either use SQL triggers as stated above, or use the RVShield source in Releases to add other levels of basic protection. RVshield doesn't fix everything, you'll still need to add to it. In the long run you'll need someone either familiar with SQL or C++ to really help you fix these problems.

Upvote 0
Back