Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Editing Map.edf 2.2.3

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Iv been having troubles in adding additional maps in my test server 2.2.3.. I started a project of an RF Online 2.2.3 hybrid client.. i know there are 2.2.3.2 files that has everything, well almost everything.. ist just that 2.2.3 somehow i want to improve it and its also a challenge.. i have set it up in the server side but on client im still at a loss.. i wanted to add as many map as i want.. I have added mustion disel without a problem since its already in the map.edf i got it from busman.. tried hexing it but i must have missed something.. any tips from the masters here? or can someone share strs for Map.dat client side? thank you..

Reaction score
Don't think anyone will share it tbh. It was shared once, some people downloaded it, then the link was removed. I don't have a copy and never made one myself.

I believe you also need to hex the bin to increase the map limit. Not sure of the exact offset.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
thats a shame.. iv gone to a point opening the 2.2.3.2 map.dat as my bases in editing 2.2.3 map.dat still i got the map error. yeah there is a specific offset for the bin and sstrs for bin doesnt work too.. have to find the offsets manually

i will share files here when im done with it.. its just the map thats holding me back

what iv done to my test server:

Added the New Maus - Arthus and Starship - Credits to Likertuban for providing examples
Added new dragons armors :
1. Donate = Gold DA
2. Melee = Green DA
3. Ranger = Purple DA
4. Launcher/Force = Red DA

Added new Siege kits too
Added new weapons = and soon il be creating new weapons with 3rdsmax if i have time
Animus was fixed too
I have pretty much stabilized the 2.2.3 files. Its about 2 yrs iv been playing on these files..

Now the only thing is lacking are the new maps..

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Most of us learned on the giga3 and earlier server files. There are less columns in each dat so it's much easier to see how things work. That, and the source code closely matches giga3/4 servers.

I'd recommend trying to add maps to giga4 first, then applying what you learn to newer severs. You'll find it much easier that way.

Upvote 0
Back