Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hiding IP in TCP View

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello i know all of you know this thing. i wonder if how could i hide my IP to Launcher . There is Enigma Protector to coat the IP but even this is Coated it can be also shown to TCP View when you run the launcher and the IP will show. I need help for this how to hide ip perfectly even in TCP View.

Thanks RZ.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe i'm wrong but at the end you wont be able to hide the connection between the launcher and the server.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If your not using a Domain name (FQDN) then IP is it my suggestion would be to use a redirect via No-ip.com or some other Dynamic host I mean they can still do a nslookup on it to get your IP unless you pay to hide your info (I think its a added service) maybe someone here knows of a free service but there you are.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
that is not possible unless, you can redirect it, for example client connect to IP 118.123.123.123, and this IP/server redirrect the connection to your server, and your server replay to 118.123.123.123 and it redirect to client, i'm not sure if it's possible because i'm not quite understand how networking work, :D:
even it's possible, it might cause lag for player,

Upvote 0
Reaction score
This is not possible. The only way to do this would be to use a gateway IP to pass through connections. You can find a similar service by searching for DDoS IP protection and looking for a service which offers protection on specific ports. This will show the proxy IP as the connection IP to your players.

The downside of this is all incoming connections will show the same IP, so all players will have the same connecting IP. This is obviously very bad for something like a MMO. A custom API would need to be set up to pass the original connecting IP to the game server so that all user IPs are still accurately logged.

This is very advanced and not something that will work with RF without significant development and changes to the way the gameserver processes connections. You'd also need a proxy service with an API to retrieve the original connecting IP. Think CloudFlare, but for specific ports rather than a website.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I use proxies for such a purpose. Just get a good and reliable proxy for you. I always get them from website. They will work for you too. Then set it up and enjoy :) There is nothing really difficult in it

They'll work as long as the original connecting IP is passed to the game. Most cheaper proxies don't do this.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i still dont have but i may need an advice which one i use.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
if you dont want to buy anything, since you use enigma protector i believe you know how to use it no? block any sniffing tools using enigma, wireshark, tcp view or cmd.exe... in my enigma i have already blocked morethan 600 processes including hack tools.. risked my computer from viruses so that i could obtain all those programs and link it to enigma..

Upvote 0
Reaction score
if you dont want to buy anything, since you use enigma protector i believe you know how to use it no? block any sniffing tools using enigma, wireshark, tcp view or cmd.exe... in my enigma i have already blocked morethan 600 processes including hack tools.. risked my computer from viruses so that i could obtain all those programs and link it to enigma..

Enigma would be great if it wasn't so easily bypassable.

Upvote 0
Back