Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Turncoat System

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its something im thinking about, it started out as funny troll but maybe it could make it to development
It would work like this:
A player could betray his race, changing to another but keeping his class, from the other race
ex: bellato striker, accretia warlock, bell with animus etc etc
On the plus side, in the client accs are able to hold staffs and bells/cora can hold launchers ( need to change race in sql for this), there are no critical errors when attacking or using skills
Could break game balance? yes
It would be totally awesome ? oh crap it certainly would
What would need to be done?
- changing all class skills to be able to use with all races
- some quests
- client side
im still not certain how that would be done, some advice could be usefull =D and what u guys think about
this?

Reaction score
hmmm,
i think the race in the database remain unchanged, because if it's changed, your character would be changed too...
and it's horrible in my opinion, as you can see how that bellato use launcher, because bellato doesnt have animation of holding launcher...
if you use siegekit, it would be turned down as if your character is inside the siegekit, because it's not visualized either...

in conclusion, that is not good in my opinion, because i've try it myself before...
oh, perhaps you can attack the same race because the skill you are using, have it's own race code, so if you use skill it might register "attack other race" differently...
because your last job is another race...

Upvote 0
Back