Windows8 Client launcher issue(RF G4-2)

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Registered John terror is offline
    MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    7Posts

    Showoff Windows8 Client launcher issue(RF G4-2)

    Hi all,

    I will Share The Issue of RF client error for windows 8,I hope the developer will read it soon

    Code:
    Issue Name:Windows 8<launcher>Error
    Specific Information:When I clicked at Kaswayn Server(after log in)Suddenly the launcher exit without notification(there is a messagebox and i clicked it before the error)
    use Compatibility mode:Yes(win 7 or winXp,winVista)
    UAC                            :Disabled
    Antivirus and win firewall :Doesn't have any and disabled
    Configuration in Ini server:No problem occured
    Server Installation          :Seldom occured=>DB_world connect failed at zoneserver
    Machine Specs :Core i5;ram2gb;Vram2gb;32bit_system
    Ever tried on another pc(this pc as the server):Yes,and works great.
    TCP/IP pot in my SQL? :I open all Port based on RageZone forum(took many times to search it)
    Why does the Launcher blank?:Because I moved the Webserver from port 80 to 8080(I have done the server at port 80)

    Screenshot :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logineserv.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	118865
    There is no problem at login server

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	accserv.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	118866
    No problem at Char Server

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoneserv.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	118867
    are there Nothing To be worried?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Launcher.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	118868
    However,This Is NOT the problem
    The problem occured after i clicked kaswayn server-->there is a pop up-->Click Ok
    And then The program Exit without clear Explanation

    That's all
    If you have some question,Ask me...


    Regards
    John


  2.  
  3. #2
    Infraction Banned PrinceRay is offline
    True MemberRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    SysWow64Location
    397Posts

    Re: Windows8 Client launcher issue(RF G4-2)

    try to CHECK IP in your Server Configuration set to 127.0.0.1 ..
    and config ODBCAD
    maybe its help youu..

  4. #3
    Member yukikalel is offline
    MemberRank
    Apr 2009 Join Date
    30Posts

    Re: Windows8 Client launcher issue(RF G4-2)

    Quote Originally Posted by John terror View Post
    Hi all,

    I will Share The Issue of RF client error for windows 8,I hope the developer will read it soon

    Code:
    Issue Name:Windows 8<launcher>Error
    Specific Information:When I clicked at Kaswayn Server(after log in)Suddenly the launcher exit without notification(there is a messagebox and i clicked it before the error)
    use Compatibility mode:Yes(win 7 or winXp,winVista)
    UAC                            :Disabled
    Antivirus and win firewall :Doesn't have any and disabled
    Configuration in Ini server:No problem occured
    Server Installation          :Seldom occured=>DB_world connect failed at zoneserver
    Machine Specs :Core i5;ram2gb;Vram2gb;32bit_system
    Ever tried on another pc(this pc as the server):Yes,and works great.
    TCP/IP pot in my SQL? :I open all Port based on RageZone forum(took many times to search it)
    Why does the Launcher blank?:Because I moved the Webserver from port 80 to 8080(I have done the server at port 80)

    Screenshot :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logineserv.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	118865
    There is no problem at login server

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	accserv.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	118866
    No problem at Char Server

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoneserv.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	118867
    are there Nothing To be worried?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Launcher.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	118868
    However,This Is NOT the problem
    The problem occured after i clicked kaswayn server-->there is a pop up-->Click Ok
    And then The program Exit without clear Explanation

    That's all
    If you have some question,Ask me...


    Regards
    John

    john... hate to tell you this but there is unknown problem running giga 4 episode 2 on both windows 7 and 8. never worked at all... better downgrade your windows to windows server 2000 to run the g4-2. but for your machine specs... Core i5;ram2gb;Vram2gb;32bit_system... better upgrade that to 64bit then use rf 2.1.6 to 2.2.3.2.

  5. #4
    Registered John terror is offline
    MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    7Posts

    Re: Windows8 Client launcher issue(RF G4-2)

    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRay View Post
    try to CHECK IP in your Server Configuration set to 127.0.0.1 ..
    and config ODBCAD
    maybe its help youu..
    The Problem is not The server.BUT the Client :)
    There are nothing wrong about installation either

    Quote Originally Posted by yukikalel View Post
    john... hate to tell you this but there is unknown problem running giga 4 episode 2 on both windows 7 and 8. never worked at all... better downgrade your windows to windows server 2000 to run the g4-2. but for your machine specs... Core i5;ram2gb;Vram2gb;32bit_system... better upgrade that to 64bit then use rf 2.1.6 to 2.2.3.2.
    well.The server side works great in win8.
    and the client work on my win 7 ultimatex64(in Virtual box)
    Anyways,Thanks for your concerning :)
    GRP Sent

  6. #5
    Newbe likertuban is online now
    ModeratorRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    1,461Posts

    Re: Windows8 Client launcher issue(RF G4-2)

    hmmmmmm,
    try to rename your rf_online.bin to rf_online.exe then right klik, properties->compatibility->run as windows XP
    then rename again to RF_online.bin
    change launcher compatibility to windows XP too


    #never try it, but, hope it's work...


  7.  

    Latest Gaming Releases

Advertisement