Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

This is how I feel about GunBound

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have been here since 2006. I was just a young guy trying to learn about how the game works.

I was aware I was not the only one trying to find out how this game works. But, at the same time, I realized that people didnt want to share what they learned.

So.. that beeing said, I would like to expose my opinion about that: I am very disappointed.

But.. why am I saying that? after all these years? Well, because I realized how selfish this community is. There are people who knows a lot about the game.. people that could re-make the entire game servers. But they just dont even try to help.

I used to consider @Leo The Fox, @phnx, @Kimberly and other people as a great example that I could help this community to grow some day.. but that feeling died when this section was moved to "archived files". I also tried to become a moderator of this area, but It was denied because "this section already have enought moderators".

I really cannot explain how much I love this game and I know I am not the only one. I just wanted to let you guys know how I feel about it.

Of course, I am not gonna change anyone's mind about how important it is to share the intel they have got.. but I will change gunbound development history really soon.

I would like to leave my condolences for those who knew and did not share. Some of you have forced us to do deplorable things like stealing iXFS (thanks to @MasterOfSky).

I will continue working on the game and I can guarantee that I will soon have news never seen in this area before.

If you are one of the people who found good things and did not share, for whatever reason, forget your selfishness and contribute to this community. Or this game will die (forever) very soon no matter what I try to do.

I am sorry if you do not agree, but you are wrong and I dont respect that. I hope you guys wake up and stop keeping your knowledgement private.

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
There are many times I tried to revive this game. However, every time I got slapped back when a group of Peruvians (no racism intended) started to create hack after hack, aimbot after aimbot for my server, and tried to ruin it. When GunBound Origins re-launched in 2018, it didn't take long for yet again Peruvians to create hacks and trying to ruin the game, which is an incredible discouragement.

GunBound is a great game, but the community is horrible. It was horrible in 2007, it's still horrible now. Of course, there's great people around, but also a lot of terrible people. I still enjoy from time to time revisit this game, and right now preserve (archive) as much as possible from the game, but when it comes to actual 'public' appearances it's still pretty bad.

When it comes to actual development, a lot of stealing is going on. One server release something, the other server edit it, remove the credits, and claim it as theirs. it's IMPOSSIBLE to still find the original serv3 files, because of how awful everything is edited.

EDIT: Perfect example:

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There are many times I tried to revive this game. However, every time I got slapped back when a group of Peruvians (no racism intended) started to create hack after hack, aimbot after aimbot for my server, and tried to ruin it. When GunBound Origins re-launched in 2018, it didn't take long for yet again Peruvians to create hacks and trying to ruin the game, which is an incredible discouragement.

GunBound is a great game, but the community is horrible. It was horrible in 2007, it's still horrible now. Of course, there's great people around, but also a lot of terrible people. I still enjoy from time to time revisit this game, and right now preserve (archive) as much as possible from the game, but when it comes to actual 'public' appearances it's still pretty bad.

When it comes to actual development, a lot of stealing is going on. One server release something, the other server edit it, remove the credits, and claim it as theirs. it's IMPOSSIBLE to still find the original serv3 files, because of how awful everything is edited.

That is not new for me. I fully understand what you mean but I really dont care about it. I am talking about DEVELOPING the game, not copying poop like avatars etc.

We should unite to build something new.

*edit*
Do you really care about it @Kimberly? Copying is a natural human reaction to non understood stuff. Shall we be proud of beeing creators? Please, allow me (and maybe others) to communicate with ppl like you. I need that. I got some skills but I cant do it all by myself.

*edit 2* btw @Kimberly, I can protect server contents (like encrypting .img, .epa etc files) at runtime (GitzWC (biggest south-america server) does it). Its possible to protect exclusive content. But the point I was trying to focus is: lets develop a new server. Lets make (at least) Season 2 a nice game to play. I know you've got a lot of knowledgement about the game. I got some too, Leo got it, other people does. Why dont we unite? I always felt you guys were too closed, lets change it. I am here, I got a lot to contribute but I need you ppl.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

EDIT: Perfect example:

Hello Kimberly.

As an old cheater who made really bad things for this game, seems like you are upset for very little things. I do publish codes for free since this game was full of cheats and people copy my codes everywhere with no credits. GITZ does pioneer work and they copy everything just like you show us in your link, they have cloned panel from us since 10 years and etc. It's normal for a human mind to copy what it can't understand, and as pioneers of GunBound we know that this is the price of innovation.
If Moose and many big others hadnt publish things for free and accept the fact that EVERYBODY who is learning will copy his work, we wouldn't be here.
If we're all here today doing innovative work, it's because we do copy other people's free work lots of times.

As a cheater who changed side and now protects the game I can assure that Leechers and hackers are not a big problem on this game. However, the rate that the remaning Gunbound knowledge is vanishing forever, is.

I can make anti access to any access, I can encript all files (xfs, epa, img) in a way that I'ts impossible to open, and change the gme to decript them, other good programmers can do it too. But no one will easily remake the GunBound season 2/3 clients if we don't preserve it.
I think you people (gb developers) worry too much about very stupid things actually.
If you are a pioneer in GunBound of course you will be copied just like we copied the pioneers of our time (Moose etc). If we are here it's because we had work of many many people to help.

I suggest you to think about what is important for this game. Because I am sure leeching/copy/hacking are details very easy to solve/protect or just accept.

But when the remaning files and knowledge are gone, thats the end.

- C4sTr0

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Kimberly.

As an old cheater who made really bad things for this game, seems like you are upset from very little things. I do publish codes for free since this game was full of cheats and people copy my codes everywhere with no credits. GITZ does pioneer work and they copy everything just like you show us in your link. It's normal for a human mind to copy what it can't understand, and as pioneers of GunBound we know that this is the price of innovation.
If Moose and many big others hadnt publish things for free and accept the fact that EVERYBODY who is learning will copy his work, we wouldn't be here.
If we're all here today doing innovative work, it's because we do copy other people's free work lots of times.

As a cheater who changed side and now protefts the game I can assure that Leechers and hackers are not a big problem on this game. The rate that the remaning Gunbound knowledge is vanishing however, Is.

I can make anti access to any access, I can encript files (xfs, epa, img) in a way that I'ts impossible to open, and other good programmers can do it too. But no one will easily remake the GunBound season 2/3 clients if we don't preserve it.

I think you people (gb developers) worry too much about very stupid things actually.
If you are a pioneer in GunBound of course you will be copied just like we copied the pioneers of our time (Moose etc).
If we are here it's because we had work of many many people to help.

I suggest you to think about what is important for this game. Because I am sure leeching/copy/hacking are details very easy to solve or accept.
But when the remaning files and knowledge is gone, thats the end.

- C4sTr0

I stupidly agree to every single word you said. I think there are other points gb devs should focus on. Cheating/Leeching is a very bad excuse and a very easy problem to deal with.

Staff member
Reaction score
There are way more problems. I am already around since 2007, so I really do not have to be told how my feelings are for the game or the community. I have contributed to many projects, as well as a custom-coded emulator completely from scratch, where all other servers still run on the leaked binaries.

I understand that the current state of this game is terrible, and I am as sad by it, but having things released is not going to fix that magically. Softnyx destroyed this game, and the engine is terrible for Windows 8 and above.

What needs to be done for the game is a complete rewrite, something like the MapleStory scene is doing. Unfortunately, when the community is already really bad, as well as us just getting older, as well as me already managing a 1000~2000 user community ( ), time for such things are just not available anymore.

As I already said, the goal I have right now is preserving as much as possible for the game, and that will last until I lost motivation to this game again. I enjoy the things I do just for fun, and not to get rewards out of it. Testing things and working with my current developer has been really fun, and so have the projects been where I was part of, such as GBOrigins TH ex-items server emulator, and more. I get you would love to have those public released for the sake of the "community", but years have been spent on it, and the person that has worked with me on the Origins emulator have zero interest in releasing his emulator.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There are way more problems. I am already around since 2007, so I really do not have to be told how my feelings are for the game or the community. I have contributed to many projects, as well as a custom-coded emulator completely from scratch, where all other servers still run on the leaked binaries.

I understand that the current state of this game is terrible, and I am as sad by it, but having things released is not going to fix that magically. Softnyx destroyed this game, and the engine is terrible for Windows 8 and above.

What needs to be done for the game is a complete rewrite, something like the MapleStory scene is doing. Unfortunately, when the community is already really bad, as well as us just getting older, as well as me already managing a 1000~2000 user community ( ), time for such things are just not available anymore.

As I already said, the goal I have right now is preserving as much as possible for the game, and that will last until I lost motivation to this game again. I enjoy the things I do just for fun, and not to get rewards out of it. Testing things and working with my current developer has been really fun, and so have the projects been where I was part of, such as GBOrigins TH ex-items server emulator, and more. I get you would love to have those public released for the sake of the "community", but years have been spent on it, and the person that has worked with me on the Origins emulator have zero interest in releasing his emulator.

Yeah, I agree when you say that you guys had a lot of effort (your closed community dedicated effort). But you should take in consideration that there are other people trying too. The way you write sounds like you dont give a poop for what others does. And believe me, we are doing something and I believe we are way ahead of you ppl. Maybe what it would take to you ppl is BELIEVE someone else and share your intel with us. Otherwise, your preservation will only be setup files and no progress.

Staff member
Reaction score
You really do not have to go hostile suddenly and taking it personally, since that does absolutely nothing but proves my point why I rather just do everything with myself and the people I know. Of course, there's a lot of effort too by others, I wasn't implying there wasn't.

I love GunBound, but I do not really love the community. I like the MapleStory community much more, so maybe in a way "not giving a poop about others" is slightly correct. It doesn't help either that only 2% of the English community is still left, so language is a huge problem as well for me, and not so much for you. I appreciate you still care deeply about the game (and the small number of other people that still do).

It's not a competition who did more, in case you were thinking I was implying that lol

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You really do not have to go hostile suddenly and taking it personally, since that does absolutely nothing but proves my point why I rather just do everything with myself and the people I know. Of course, there's a lot of effort too by others, I wasn't implying there wasn't.

I love GunBound, but I do not really love the community. I like the MapleStory community much more, so maybe in a way "not giving a poop about others" is slightly correct. It doesn't help either that only 2% of the English community is still left, so language is a huge problem as well for me, and not so much for you. I appreciate you still care deeply about the game (and the small number of other people that still do).

It's not a competition who did more, in case you were thinking I was implying that lol

Nice words to read. So.. should I believe this bad community may unite? Do you realize we are the last ones to actually care about it? I am sorry if I was kind of hostile, I didnt mean it. I am actually very happy we can talk.

About rebuilding the game servers: its on progress, as I said before, I will change the gunbound dev community and, I wish we could work together for the better.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
A very interesting discussion, the gunbound developer community is very stingy and rarely join.I remember many years ago that I made some contributions without the intention of making a profit, but bad people made a profit or took credit for themselves.I am very interested in the projects of and that are active and should receive the support of the community that does not want gunbound to end his days forgotten.

Reaction score
I agree with this topic wholeheartedly.

GunBound is dying. Servers shouldn't be in competition with each other anymore, but instead, should be working together to preserve GunBound as a whole. I'm jumping back into the scene to retrain my knowledge, and contribute to a much more open GunBound development community.

Let's all work together to save this dumb little game that's changed many of our lives in various ways. It deserves that respect.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I agree with this topic wholeheartedly.

GunBound is dying. Servers shouldn't be in competition with each other anymore, but instead, should be working together to preserve GunBound as a whole. I'm jumping back into the scene to retrain my knowledge, and contribute to a much more open GunBound development community.

Let's all work together to save this dumb little game that's changed many of our lives in various ways. It deserves that respect.

I am happy to read your words. Thank you for supporting. And yes, this game is dying slow and there are just a few people who can actually change it.
For many years GunBound was considered a complex game to understand speaking of Server Development/Modding. However, at the same time many made cheats (even advanced ones, including packet manipulation cheats) with ease like c4str0 said before. Making cheats like that requires reverse engeneering skills, programming skills and the most important: understand wtf each packet does to the game.

The time has come to stop competing and join forces. Otherwise, there will be no GunBound to compete in the future because the servers do not evolve and new games are beeing developed. See, the latest stable version of the game is the World Champion. Not even my Season2 (No-GG v6.49) is 100% stable, some things don't work. I just prevented these things from being used. I am now trying to stabilize newer versions like v6.63, v6.88 and v6.72. I was able to login to v9.23 but a LOT of things are missing on the server. But I feel alone and I wish i didnt.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am really impressed how this community manages to evolve in so few words said and written here !!

I have no knowledge of DEVELOPER, I don't know how to program or anything, but I am one of the many passionate about this game that changed my life, which was part of my childhood and now adult story !!

I would love to see this community FOCUSED on a main objective, which is the continuation of this story, the GUNBOUND HISTORY !!!

It would be really good to use the space here (which is really for that, a space for exchanging information, mutual help and the like), for THIS SAME, if they help, exchange information, help themselves !!

Let go of selfishness, self-centeredness and focus on what is important, EXCHANGE CLEAN, PURE AND OFFICIAL FILES, exchange data, exchange functional codes, and what each one does with it (X or Y information, creation, etc.) charge and charge of that !!

AFTER ALL THE COMMUNITY'S ROLE IS REALLY TO SHARING KNOWLEDGE !!!

Who knows, one day, I myself learn to correct, create, program, edit files and Gunbound information, even though I don't know anything about programming, just by FULL LOVE TO GAME !!!

Congratulations TheMarks for this sincere explanation and full of love for the game and the sharing of ideas, and I agree with you when it says (also with Castro and others), that the MAIN OBJECTIVE is the growth and evolution of the COMMUNITY knowledge of information regarding GAME, because copies, hackers and the like, will always exist, I always remember a phrase that says "In the world nothing is created, everything is copied", and it is not wrong at all, because there will always be those who CREATE YES, of course, but of the 100% that focus on this or that, only 5% of these actually CREATE, the other 95% just copy, change this or that, change, and "steal" for you as if you had created !!!

Let us leave these factors aside, and let the community grow in knowledge already acquired, and with that, I am sure that the community will have an INFINITE SUM of new ideas, new knowledge, new tools and improvements that never existed even in the ideas of OFFICIAL DEVELOPERS DE GUNBOUND !!

And long live the RageZONE community !!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But I feel alone and I wish i didnt.

ive sent you a pm asking for a better way to get in contact with you and got ignored lol, me and a friend of mine want to start developing for gunbound but we just couldnt get enough info/resources yet to do something relevant, we've been developing for other games for awhile, once we learn and get used to how things work in gb shouldnt take long to be able to help you and also achieve our own custom changes but yeah we need that initial help

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ive sent you a pm asking for a better way to get in contact with you and got ignored lol, me and a friend of mine want to start developing for gunbound but we just couldnt get enough info/resources yet to do something relevant, we've been developing for other games for awhile, once we learn and get used to how things work in gb shouldnt take long to be able to help you and also achieve our own custom changes but yeah we need that initial help

Hello iFinn, I do not check my pv often, I am sorry did not reply you. I will now.

Reaction score
Well... Actually, I´'ve been quiet long enough. That being said, let´s face the truth, shall we ?

First of all, I can´'t agree more with what has been said. No wonder on that.

Second of all, I NEVER would share nothing I had with you, because YOU DO KNOW how you behaved on that time. Unless you changed A LOT on your behavior (and you DO know what I am talking about, TheMarks), I would never share anything, again, at least, with you.

Third, if you REALLY changed, i´'d gladly share. I have lotsa gunbound content on my Mega.nz Drive. c4str0 worked on my last gunbound and knows some of our work.

Fourth, Aaron (a.k.a Kimberly I think) and Leo The Fox are the people from the old old times which do deserve the most respect for the collaboration they made to the community for the old times.

5th, you still have my contact TheMarKs, even my whatsapp (I think). If you want to contact me and discuss about a new server, I am up to it, as long as you´'ve changed.

6th, I don't know phnx, unless he/she had another old nickname I cant remember, but if he/she has done collab to the scene, thanks and gratz.

7th, I am one who wants to host a new and good gunbound server.

Don't take it personally TheMarKs , but as you know, we diverged on thoughts in the past, mainly because of how YOU saw things.

Anyway, I am always open for dialogue.

You know where to find me.

BTW, TheMarKs , YOU blocked me on facebook.

Also, I have changed my mind a lot, after I got diagnosed with Depression / Borderline Syndrome. That made me deeply think on how I was dealing with things, and made me also rethink on how should I do with the most different situations.

Last edited:
Reaction score
TBH, I´'d sincerely like to see Gunbound Up again. For that, I think I'll release some of the files I do have, not all, though.

There ya go https://forum.ragezone.com/f494/release-masterofskys-files-gunbound-wc-1199178/#post9089274

Staff member
Reaction score
6th, I don't know @phnx, unless he/she had another old nickname I cant remember, but if he/she has done collab to the scene, thanks and gratz.

He's the creator of the first fully finished Thor's Hammer server emulator, as well as the reason TH ex-items has been rescued (ran for preservation on )

He does it all for hobbies and not for community attention, so barely anyone knows him, besides me that worked (and still work) with him for over 10 years

To go back one more time the reason why this game has no hope to be revived. Recently, gunbound classic re-launched ( ) under a World Champion version, and only one week later there are already people creating aimbots for it ( ). I understand the answer to this is 'well, go code some protection' but that's not the point. This game has less than 1,000 people still playing in total (gitz being the biggest right now), yet those small group of people that ruined it with hacks and aimbots just never stop.

Why are aimbots bad? Casual users have no chance to learn the game because they keep getting destroyed by people that never miss, and are discouraged to even play the game. This is even mostly a problem with very pro users, but at least they can still miss at times.

Fourth, Aaron (a.k.a @Kimberly I think) and @Leo The Fox are the people from the old old times which do deserve the most respect for the collaboration they made to the community for the old times.

My name is not Aaron.

Last edited:
Back