This is how I feel about GunBound

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Ultimate Member TheMarKs is offline
    MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    191Posts

    angry This is how I feel about GunBound

    I have been here since 2006. I was just a young guy trying to learn about how the game works.

    I was aware I was not the only one trying to find out how this game works. But, at the same time, I realized that people didnt want to share what they learned.

    So.. that beeing said, I would like to expose my opinion about that: I am very disappointed.

    But.. why am I saying that? after all these years? Well, because I realized how selfish this community is. There are people who knows a lot about the game.. people that could re-make the entire game servers. But they just dont even try to help.

    I used to consider @Leo The Fox, @phnx, @Kimberly and other people as a great example that I could help this community to grow some day.. but that feeling died when this section was moved to "archived files". I also tried to become a moderator of this area, but It was denied because "this section already have enought moderators".

    I really cannot explain how much I love this game and I know I am not the only one. I just wanted to let you guys know how I feel about it.

    Of course, I am not gonna change anyone's mind about how important it is to share the intel they have got.. but I will change gunbound development history really soon.

    I would like to leave my condolences for those who knew and did not share. Some of you have forced us to do deplorable things like stealing iXFS (thanks to @MasterOfSky).

    I will continue working on the game and I can guarantee that I will soon have news never seen in this area before.

    If you are one of the people who found good things and did not share, for whatever reason, forget your selfishness and contribute to this community. Or this game will die (forever) very soon no matter what I try to do.

    I am sorry if you do not agree, but you are wrong and I dont respect that. I hope you guys wake up and stop keeping your knowledgement private.
    Last edited by TheMarKs; 08-05-21 at 12:17 PM.


  2. #2
    Master of lurking Kimberly is offline
    ModeratorRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    1,056Posts

    Re: This is how I feel about GunBound

    There are many times I tried to revive this game. However, every time I got slapped back when a group of Peruvians (no racism intended) started to create hack after hack, aimbot after aimbot for my server, and tried to ruin it. When GunBound Origins re-launched in 2018, it didn't take long for yet again Peruvians to create hacks and trying to ruin the game, which is an incredible discouragement.

    GunBound is a great game, but the community is horrible. It was horrible in 2007, it's still horrible now. Of course, there's great people around, but also a lot of terrible people. I still enjoy from time to time revisit this game, and right now preserve (archive) as much as possible from the game, but when it comes to actual 'public' appearances it's still pretty bad.

    When it comes to actual development, a lot of stealing is going on. One server release something, the other server edit it, remove the credits, and claim it as theirs. it's IMPOSSIBLE to still find the original serv3 files, because of how awful everything is edited.

    EDIT: Perfect example: http://www.gunbound-xtreme.com/
    Last edited by Kimberly; 08-05-21 at 12:30 PM.

  3. #3
    Ultimate Member TheMarKs is offline
    MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    191Posts

    Re: This is how I feel about GunBound

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    There are many times I tried to revive this game. However, every time I got slapped back when a group of Peruvians (no racism intended) started to create hack after hack, aimbot after aimbot for my server, and tried to ruin it. When GunBound Origins re-launched in 2018, it didn't take long for yet again Peruvians to create hacks and trying to ruin the game, which is an incredible discouragement.

    GunBound is a great game, but the community is horrible. It was horrible in 2007, it's still horrible now. Of course, there's great people around, but also a lot of terrible people. I still enjoy from time to time revisit this game, and right now preserve (archive) as much as possible from the game, but when it comes to actual 'public' appearances it's still pretty bad.

    When it comes to actual development, a lot of stealing is going on. One server release something, the other server edit it, remove the credits, and claim it as theirs. it's IMPOSSIBLE to still find the original serv3 files, because of how awful everything is edited.
    That is not new for me. I fully understand what you mean but I really dont care about it. I am talking about DEVELOPING the game, not copying shit like avatars etc.

    We should unite to build something new.

    *edit*
    Do you really care about it @Kimberly? Copying is a natural human reaction to non understood stuff. Shall we be proud of beeing creators? Please, allow me (and maybe others) to communicate with ppl like you. I need that. I got some skills but I cant do it all by myself.

    *edit 2* btw @Kimberly, I can protect server contents (like encrypting .img, .epa etc files) at runtime (GitzWC (biggest south-america server) does it). Its possible to protect exclusive content. But the point I was trying to focus is: lets develop a new server. Lets make (at least) Season 2 a nice game to play. I know you've got a lot of knowledgement about the game. I got some too, Leo got it, other people does. Why dont we unite? I always felt you guys were too closed, lets change it. I am here, I got a lot to contribute but I need you ppl.
    Last edited by TheMarKs; 08-05-21 at 01:11 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered c4str0 is offline
    MemberRank
    Aug 2019 Join Date
    6Posts

    Re: This is how I feel about GunBound

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    There are many times I tried to revive this game. However, every time I got slapped back when a group of Peruvians (no racism intended) started to create hack after hack, aimbot after aimbot for my server, and tried to ruin it. When GunBound Origins re-launched in 2018, it didn't take long for yet again Peruvians to create hacks and trying to ruin the game, which is an incredible discouragement.

    GunBound is a great game, but the community is horrible. It was horrible in 2007, it's still horrible now. Of course, there's great people around, but also a lot of terrible people. I still enjoy from time to time revisit this game, and right now preserve (archive) as much as possible from the game, but when it comes to actual 'public' appearances it's still pretty bad.

    When it comes to actual development, a lot of stealing is going on. One server release something, the other server edit it, remove the credits, and claim it as theirs. it's IMPOSSIBLE to still find the original serv3 files, because of how awful everything is edited.

    EDIT: Perfect example: http://www.gunbound-xtreme.com/
    Hello Kimberly.

    As an old cheater who made really bad things for this game, seems like you are upset for very little things. I do publish codes for free since this game was full of cheats and people copy my codes everywhere with no credits. GITZ does pioneer work and they copy everything just like you show us in your link, they have cloned panel from us since 10 years and etc. It's normal for a human mind to copy what it can't understand, and as pioneers of GunBound we know that this is the price of innovation.
    If Moose and many big others hadnt publish things for free and accept the fact that EVERYBODY who is learning will copy his work, we wouldn't be here.
    If we're all here today doing innovative work, it's because we do copy other people's free work lots of times.


    As a cheater who changed side and now protects the game I can assure that Leechers and hackers are not a big problem on this game. However, the rate that the remaning Gunbound knowledge is vanishing forever, is.


    I can make anti access to any access, I can encript all files (xfs, epa, img) in a way that I'ts impossible to open, and change the gme to decript them, other good programmers can do it too. But no one will easily remake the GunBound season 2/3 clients if we don't preserve it.
    I think you people (gb developers) worry too much about very stupid things actually.
    If you are a pioneer in GunBound of course you will be copied just like we copied the pioneers of our time (Moose etc). If we are here it's because we had work of many many people to help.

    I suggest you to think about what is important for this game. Because I am sure leeching/copy/hacking are details very easy to solve/protect or just accept.


    But when the remaning files and knowledge are gone, thats the end.

    - C4sTr0
    Last edited by c4str0; 08-05-21 at 04:36 PM.

  5. #5
    Ultimate Member TheMarKs is offline
    MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    191Posts

    Re: This is how I feel about GunBound

    Quote Originally Posted by c4str0 View Post
    Hello Kimberly.

    As an old cheater who made really bad things for this game, seems like you are upset from very little things. I do publish codes for free since this game was full of cheats and people copy my codes everywhere with no credits. GITZ does pioneer work and they copy everything just like you show us in your link. It's normal for a human mind to copy what it can't understand, and as pioneers of GunBound we know that this is the price of innovation.
    If Moose and many big others hadnt publish things for free and accept the fact that EVERYBODY who is learning will copy his work, we wouldn't be here.
    If we're all here today doing innovative work, it's because we do copy other people's free work lots of times.

    As a cheater who changed side and now protefts the game I can assure that Leechers and hackers are not a big problem on this game. The rate that the remaning Gunbound knowledge is vanishing however, Is.


    I can make anti access to any access, I can encript files (xfs, epa, img) in a way that I'ts impossible to open, and other good programmers can do it too. But no one will easily remake the GunBound season 2/3 clients if we don't preserve it.

    I think you people (gb developers) worry too much about very stupid things actually.
    If you are a pioneer in GunBound of course you will be copied just like we copied the pioneers of our time (Moose etc).
    If we are here it's because we had work of many many people to help.

    I suggest you to think about what is important for this game. Because I am sure leeching/copy/hacking are details very easy to solve or accept.
    But when the remaning files and knowledge is gone, thats the end.

    - C4sTr0
    I stupidly agree to every single word you said. I think there are other points gb devs should focus on. Cheating/Leeching is a very bad excuse and a very easy problem to deal with.

  6. #6
    Master of lurking Kimberly is offline
    ModeratorRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    1,056Posts

    Re: This is how I feel about GunBound

    There are way more problems. I am already around since 2007, so I really do not have to be told how my feelings are for the game or the community. I have contributed to many projects, as well as a custom-coded emulator completely from scratch, where all other servers still run on the leaked binaries.

    I understand that the current state of this game is terrible, and I am as sad by it, but having things released is not going to fix that magically. Softnyx destroyed this game, and the engine is terrible for Windows 8 and above.

    What needs to be done for the game is a complete rewrite, something like the MapleStory scene is doing. Unfortunately, when the community is already really bad, as well as us just getting older, as well as me already managing a 1000~2000 user community (https://maplelegends.com/), time for such things are just not available anymore.

    As I already said, the goal I have right now is preserving as much as possible for the game, and that will last until I lost motivation to this game again. I enjoy the things I do just for fun, and not to get rewards out of it. Testing things and working with my current developer has been really fun, and so have the projects been where I was part of, such as GBOrigins TH ex-items server emulator, and more. I get you would love to have those public released for the sake of the "community", but years have been spent on it, and the person that has worked with me on the Origins emulator have zero interest in releasing his emulator.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member TheMarKs is offline
    MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    191Posts

    Re: This is how I feel about GunBound

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    There are way more problems. I am already around since 2007, so I really do not have to be told how my feelings are for the game or the community. I have contributed to many projects, as well as a custom-coded emulator completely from scratch, where all other servers still run on the leaked binaries.

    I understand that the current state of this game is terrible, and I am as sad by it, but having things released is not going to fix that magically. Softnyx destroyed this game, and the engine is terrible for Windows 8 and above.

    What needs to be done for the game is a complete rewrite, something like the MapleStory scene is doing. Unfortunately, when the community is already really bad, as well as us just getting older, as well as me already managing a 1000~2000 user community (https://maplelegends.com/), time for such things are just not available anymore.

    As I already said, the goal I have right now is preserving as much as possible for the game, and that will last until I lost motivation to this game again. I enjoy the things I do just for fun, and not to get rewards out of it. Testing things and working with my current developer has been really fun, and so have the projects been where I was part of, such as GBOrigins TH ex-items server emulator, and more. I get you would love to have those public released for the sake of the "community", but years have been spent on it, and the person that has worked with me on the Origins emulator have zero interest in releasing his emulator.
    Yeah, I agree when you say that you guys had a lot of effort (your closed community dedicated effort). But you should take in consideration that there are other people trying too. The way you write sounds like you dont give a shit for what others does. And believe me, we are doing something and I believe we are way ahead of you ppl. Maybe what it would take to you ppl is BELIEVE someone else and share your intel with us. Otherwise, your preservation will only be setup files and no progress.

  8. #8
    Master of lurking Kimberly is offline
    ModeratorRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    1,056Posts

    Re: This is how I feel about GunBound

    You really do not have to go hostile suddenly and taking it personally, since that does absolutely nothing but proves my point why I rather just do everything with myself and the people I know. Of course, there's a lot of effort too by others, I wasn't implying there wasn't.

    I love GunBound, but I do not really love the community. I like the MapleStory community much more, so maybe in a way "not giving a shit about others" is slightly correct. It doesn't help either that only 2% of the English community is still left, so language is a huge problem as well for me, and not so much for you. I appreciate you still care deeply about the game (and the small number of other people that still do).

    It's not a competition who did more, in case you were thinking I was implying that lol

  9. #9
    Ultimate Member TheMarKs is offline
    MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    191Posts

    Re: This is how I feel about GunBound

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    You really do not have to go hostile suddenly and taking it personally, since that does absolutely nothing but proves my point why I rather just do everything with myself and the people I know. Of course, there's a lot of effort too by others, I wasn't implying there wasn't.

    I love GunBound, but I do not really love the community. I like the MapleStory community much more, so maybe in a way "not giving a shit about others" is slightly correct. It doesn't help either that only 2% of the English community is still left, so language is a huge problem as well for me, and not so much for you. I appreciate you still care deeply about the game (and the small number of other people that still do).

    It's not a competition who did more, in case you were thinking I was implying that lol
    Nice words to read. So.. should I believe this bad community may unite? Do you realize we are the last ones to actually care about it? I am sorry if I was kind of hostile, I didnt mean it. I am actually very happy we can talk.

    About rebuilding the game servers: its on progress, as I said before, I will change the gunbound dev community and, I wish we could work together for the better.

  10. #10
    Newbie Alex P is offline
    MemberRank
    May 2021 Join Date
    1Posts

    Re: This is how I feel about GunBound

    A very interesting discussion, the gunbound developer community is very stingy and rarely join.I remember many years ago that I made some contributions without the intention of making a profit, but bad people made a profit or took credit for themselves.I am very interested in the projects of gunbound-server and OpenBound that are active and should receive the support of the community that does not want gunbound to end his days forgotten.

  11. #11
    Foxinistrator Leo The Fox is offline
    True MemberRank
    Jun 2006 Join Date
    Calgary, ABLocation
    702Posts

    Re: This is how I feel about GunBound

    I agree with this topic wholeheartedly.

    GunBound is dying. Servers shouldn't be in competition with each other anymore, but instead, should be working together to preserve GunBound as a whole. I'm jumping back into the scene to retrain my knowledge, and contribute to a much more open GunBound development community.

    Let's all work together to save this dumb little game that's changed many of our lives in various ways. It deserves that respect.
    Yes, I am THAT Diabllo from LocalMS. Stop asking.

  12. #12
    Ultimate Member TheMarKs is offline
    MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    191Posts

    Re: This is how I feel about GunBound

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo The Fox View Post
    I agree with this topic wholeheartedly.

    GunBound is dying. Servers shouldn't be in competition with each other anymore, but instead, should be working together to preserve GunBound as a whole. I'm jumping back into the scene to retrain my knowledge, and contribute to a much more open GunBound development community.

    Let's all work together to save this dumb little game that's changed many of our lives in various ways. It deserves that respect.
    I am happy to read your words. Thank you for supporting. And yes, this game is dying slow and there are just a few people who can actually change it.
    For many years GunBound was considered a complex game to understand speaking of Server Development/Modding. However, at the same time many made cheats (even advanced ones, including packet manipulation cheats) with ease like c4str0 said before. Making cheats like that requires reverse engeneering skills, programming skills and the most important: understand wtf each packet does to the game.

    The time has come to stop competing and join forces. Otherwise, there will be no GunBound to compete in the future because the servers do not evolve and new games are beeing developed. See, the latest stable version of the game is the World Champion. Not even my Season2 (No-GG v6.49) is 100% stable, some things don't work. I just prevented these things from being used. I am now trying to stabilize newer versions like v6.63, v6.88 and v6.72. I was able to login to v9.23 but a LOT of things are missing on the server. But I feel alone and I wish i didnt.
    Last edited by TheMarKs; 22-05-21 at 10:27 AM.

  13. #13
    Member lPhantasm is offline
    MemberRank
    May 2021 Join Date
    29Posts

    Re: This is how I feel about GunBound

    I am really impressed how this community manages to evolve in so few words said and written here !!

    I have no knowledge of DEVELOPER, I don't know how to program or anything, but I am one of the many passionate about this game that changed my life, which was part of my childhood and now adult story !!

    I would love to see this community FOCUSED on a main objective, which is the continuation of this story, the GUNBOUND HISTORY !!!

    It would be really good to use the space here (which is really for that, a space for exchanging information, mutual help and the like), for THIS SAME, if they help, exchange information, help themselves !!

    Let go of selfishness, self-centeredness and focus on what is important, EXCHANGE CLEAN, PURE AND OFFICIAL FILES, exchange data, exchange functional codes, and what each one does with it (X or Y information, creation, etc.) charge and charge of that !!

    AFTER ALL THE COMMUNITY'S ROLE IS REALLY TO SHARING KNOWLEDGE !!!

    Who knows, one day, I myself learn to correct, create, program, edit files and Gunbound information, even though I don't know anything about programming, just by FULL LOVE TO GAME !!!

    Congratulations TheMarks for this sincere explanation and full of love for the game and the sharing of ideas, and I agree with you when it says (also with Castro and others), that the MAIN OBJECTIVE is the growth and evolution of the COMMUNITY knowledge of information regarding GAME, because copies, hackers and the like, will always exist, I always remember a phrase that says "In the world nothing is created, everything is copied", and it is not wrong at all, because there will always be those who CREATE YES, of course, but of the 100% that focus on this or that, only 5% of these actually CREATE, the other 95% just copy, change this or that, change, and "steal" for you as if you had created !!!

    Let us leave these factors aside, and let the community grow in knowledge already acquired, and with that, I am sure that the community will have an INFINITE SUM of new ideas, new knowledge, new tools and improvements that never existed even in the ideas of OFFICIAL DEVELOPERS DE GUNBOUND !!

    And long live the RageZONE community !!!

  14. #14
    Member iFinn is offline
    MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    60Posts

    Re: This is how I feel about GunBound

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarKs View Post
    But I feel alone and I wish i didnt.
    ive sent you a pm asking for a better way to get in contact with you and got ignored lol, me and a friend of mine want to start developing for gunbound but we just couldnt get enough info/resources yet to do something relevant, we've been developing for other games for awhile, once we learn and get used to how things work in gb shouldnt take long to be able to help you and also achieve our own custom changes but yeah we need that initial help

  15. #15
    Ultimate Member TheMarKs is offline
    MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    191Posts

    Re: This is how I feel about GunBound

    Quote Originally Posted by iFinn View Post
    ive sent you a pm asking for a better way to get in contact with you and got ignored lol, me and a friend of mine want to start developing for gunbound but we just couldnt get enough info/resources yet to do something relevant, we've been developing for other games for awhile, once we learn and get used to how things work in gb shouldnt take long to be able to help you and also achieve our own custom changes but yeah we need that initial help
    Hello iFinn, I do not check my pv often, I am sorry did not reply you. I will now.



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement