This topic reminds me of an old story.

MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    191Posts

Re: This is how I feel about GunBound

Quote Originally Posted by myripper View Post
    Cheer up!

This topic reminds me of an old story.
    Would you like to share story with us? I am very curious.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2004 Join Date
    Rio de Janeiro,Location
    605Posts

Well... Actually, I´'ve been quiet long enough. That being said, let´s face the truth, shall we ?

First of all, I can´'t agree more with what has been said. No wonder on that.

Second of all, I NEVER would share nothing I had with you, because YOU DO KNOW how you behaved on that time. Unless you changed A LOT on your behavior (and you DO know what I am talking about, TheMarks), I would never share anything, again, at least, with you.

Third, if you REALLY changed, i´'d gladly share. I have lotsa gunbound content on my Mega.nz Drive. @c4str0 worked on my last gunbound and knows some of our work.

Fourth, Aaron (a.k.a @Kimberly I think) and @Leo The Fox are the people from the old old times which do deserve the most respect for the collaboration they made to the community for the old times.

5th, you still have my contact @TheMarKs, even my whatsapp (I think). If you want to contact me and discuss about a new server, I am up to it, as long as you´'ve changed.

6th, I don't know @phnx, unless he/she had another old nickname I cant remember, but if he/she has done collab to the scene, thanks and gratz.

7th, I am one who wants to host a new and good gunbound server.

Don't take it personally @TheMarKs , but as you know, we diverged on thoughts in the past, mainly because of how YOU saw things.

Anyway, I am always open for dialogue.

You know where to find me.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, @TheMarKs , YOU blocked me on facebook.

Also, I have changed my mind a lot, after I got diagnosed with Depression / Borderline Syndrome. That made me deeply think on how I was dealing with things, and made me also rethink on how should I do with the most different situations.
    Last edited by MasterOfSky; 21-07-21 at 11:04 AM.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2004 Join Date
    Rio de Janeiro,Location
    605Posts

TBH, I´'d sincerely like to see Gunbound Up again. For that, I think I'll release some of the files I do have, not all, though.

- - - Updated - - -

There ya go https://forum.ragezone.com/f494/release-masterofskys-files-gunbound-wc-1199178/#post9089274

ModeratorRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    1,058Posts

6th, I don't know @phnx, unless he/she had another old nickname I cant remember, but if he/she has done collab to the scene, thanks and gratz.
    He's the creator of the first fully finished Thor's Hammer server emulator, as well as the reason TH ex-items has been rescued (ran for preservation on https://gunbound.be/)

He does it all for hobbies and not for community attention, so barely anyone knows him, besides me that worked (and still work) with him for over 10 years

To go back one more time the reason why this game has no hope to be revived. Recently, gunbound classic re-launched (https://gunbound.ca/) under a World Champion version, and only one week later there are already people creating aimbots for it (https://www.facebook.com/TheBestAimbot/). I understand the answer to this is 'well, go code some protection' but that's not the point. This game has less than 1,000 people still playing in total (gitz being the biggest right now), yet those small group of people that ruined it with hacks and aimbots just never stop.

Why are aimbots bad? Casual users have no chance to learn the game because they keep getting destroyed by people that never miss, and are discouraged to even play the game. This is even mostly a problem with very pro users, but at least they can still miss at times.

Fourth, Aaron (a.k.a @Kimberly I think) and @Leo The Fox are the people from the old old times which do deserve the most respect for the collaboration they made to the community for the old times.
    My name is not Aaron.
    Last edited by Kimberly; 22-07-21 at 09:52 AM.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2004 Join Date
    Rio de Janeiro,Location
    605Posts

And if cheaters were not enough, we can talk about DDoSing, hacking in general, and other ways of getting rid of the others servers. Instead of union to make them all grow and fully revive the game, they just want it fully dead. I can´'t, sincerely, understand those minds. Sad, cause I do love the game, would do my best to revive it, but a single ant can't do all the job alone.

ModeratorRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Jaú, BrazilLocation
    2,396Posts

@TheMarKs

I see you mention GitzWC as being your server? Are you brazillian? I'm an experiencied developer with C# and reversing skills, if you still need any help feel free to contact me.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2004 Join Date
    Rio de Janeiro,Location
    605Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SheenBR View Post
    @TheMarKs

I see you mention GitzWC as being your server? Are you brazillian? I'm an experiencied developer with C# and reversing skills, if you still need any help feel free to contact me.
    It´'s not his. I know the owner.

MemberRank
    Jun 2006 Join Date
    52Posts

Hi, I once develope the Gunbound Matrix service,
    I know what you are saying MasterofSky
    I think what you want is deep than just make the server,
    It's a question of giving what we have, I think is love,
    In my case I have been doing some help to people and focusing on individuals,
    I recommend you to do like that, making a server or giving a lot to too much people
    like I did, well, in the future didn't pay so well, you just offered a service and people
    could being toxic with each other, so people doesn't remember you and you get forgotten
    and your spirit doesn't get carried in them.
    I'm exploring other ways to help and focus, I'm now helping a friend with their Left 4 Dead 2
    server and also keep an eye on his community, and now a friend of mine wanted
    to revive the Gunbound service, I will do it for him,

I'm on discord right now Jeremy333#7632, I have a group where we play any game
    just for fun sake and making good bonds, I will turn on the Gunbound server again for the sake
    of my friends who want it back, I'm planning to use Radmin VPN, also I have learned a lot from
    the L4D2 Server about Server Security, but I have a new objective and I know that if God permit
    it will be good.

Best wishes,
    Jeremy

True MemberRank
    Dec 2004 Join Date
    Rio de Janeiro,Location
    605Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hk21pe View Post
    Hi, I once develope the Gunbound Matrix service,
    I know what you are saying MasterofSky
    I think what you want is deep than just make the server,
    It's a question of giving what we have, I think is love,
    In my case I have been doing some help to people and focusing on individuals,
    I recommend you to do like that, making a server or giving a lot to too much people
    like I did, well, in the future didn't pay so well, you just offered a service and people
    could being toxic with each other, so people doesn't remember you and you get forgotten
    and your spirit doesn't get carried in them.
    I'm exploring other ways to help and focus, I'm now helping a friend with their Left 4 Dead 2
    server and also keep an eye on his community, and now a friend of mine wanted
    to revive the Gunbound service, I will do it for him,

I'm on discord right now Jeremy333#7632, I have a group where we play any game
    just for fun sake and making good bonds, I will turn on the Gunbound server again for the sake
    of my friends who want it back, I'm planning to use Radmin VPN, also I have learned a lot from
    the L4D2 Server about Server Security, but I have a new objective and I know that if God permit
    it will be good.

Best wishes,
    Jeremy
    At least someone who knows what I am talking about. And indeed, I really wanted to host a gunbound server. But for many reasons (aka DDoSes, Vulns on buddyserver / gameserver as @Leothefox or someone else reported) I am indeed in doubt about doing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement