Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] - Lost Continent.

Reaction score
Lost Continent already has a time of development and production, trying to encompass several countries at the same time. Apparently, their idea is not to be a "private server", but actually an official game released by them, from what I've seen, they even have a "game studio" for development.

The question is, did they get the WebZen license or did they really try their luck with copyright? Is WebZen not caring?

Or is there any way to legally circumvent copyright in relation to assets (which I don't think is feasible)?

I've seen another project, where the developer started to recreate the game and in the end the company hired the developer and today officially launched the game, in this case it was in FlyFF, which is currently the FlyFF Universe.

Anyway, it's an amazing project and I hope the team can grow and provide new games. :]

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Webzen is not interested in improving its game, if someone does something else to its game like adding new things to it.

Example
weapons and items by adding extras to the stats and stuff like that for various

changing that boring mu method that has been around for years.

I think webzen would shut it down for violation of the original author's laws.

webzen is not interested in improving their mediocre game.

Webzen is not interested in improving its game, if someone does something else to its game like adding new things to it.

Example
weapons and items by adding extras to the stats and stuff like that for various

changing that boring mu method that has been around for years.

I think webzen would shut it down for violation of the original author's laws.

webzen is not interested in improving their mediocre game.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
did they really try their luck with copyright? Is WebZen not caring?

This.

Lost Continent team did a really great job and they made a product that Webzen should make years ago but the truth is, if Webzen takes notice they might take legal action.

Reaction score
Webzen cares if you make top money and ranking up with them if you illegally running a business with your server, the thing is like ppl who sell and license server files for ppl to make servers, the are in less risk cuz they are only patching existing free clients, also server hosted outside totally from webzens region also makes huge difference, it takes month and years for webzen to do a thing like that, while most 'mu' servers last a year or two or less and some keep it going long term with alot of changes and wipes webzen could possibly hand and sell permissions for any experienced and professional development creators who do mu versions differently for sure, i dont believe anyone is in danger cuz you first will be getting warnings before they can do really bring you down financially and with your server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is a way to become a Webzen business associate, but I am guessing big franchise money is involved, you can see this on webzen website somewhere I came across it years ago. I am not sure if these guys are or not, this we will never know unless someone has made such statement.
Link is here:

As far as copyright infringement goes webzen has got all the rights and they would press charges if they would see it viable to do so. I know some people will say that what Karli mentioned above, but there is always persistent risk of getting your server/project shut down by webzen at any given time. We will never know if webzen has got legal partners in EU/US etc. that can act on their behalf, but again, if they really wanted to they would.

Also private servers is a great form of advertising of their 20+ years old game that has no online presence whatsoever.

Reaction score
There is a way to become a Webzen business associate, but I am guessing big franchise money is involved, you can see this on webzen website somewhere I came across it years ago. I am not sure if these guys are or not, this we will never know unless someone has made such statement.
Link is here:

As far as copyright infringement goes webzen has got all the rights and they would press charges if they would see it viable to do so. I know some people will say that what Karli mentioned above, but there is always persistent risk of getting your server/project shut down by webzen at any given time. We will never know if webzen has got legal partners in EU/US etc. that can act on their behalf, but again, if they really wanted to they would.

Also private servers is a great form of advertising of their 20+ years old game that has no online presence whatsoever.

I worked with hundreds of servers and know hundreds of admins, maybe 1-2 in 11 years had something happening like that but it didnt shut down their servers, instead warned them or shut down features on their web, webzen wants the attention coming from private servers as you said cuz they want something guaranteed long term and thats where they go after the privte servers if they wanna play a serious mu (i doubt webzen mu is serious cuz its all about $$) and maybe enjoyin the new features here n there but there is no pvp,pk and all that good stuff cus there are thousand things to do, ppl enjoy maybe castle siege and events mostly getting exp and goin max level unlockin new characters,features etc. Yes there is a slight risk if you provoke and try to be better than webzen and annoy them =D till then, keep doing servers and experimenting.
NewMuPlanet how will a server shut down ? they will report the host? why is the hosting of the server to blame if they use emulated files or bought from igcn and teams like that? server wont shut down, who will hit it down? does webzen has a trick for all servers to make it inaccessible ? there is a procedure that has to go through as i said and that needs time and to be worth it for webzen to really care, it has to be a big financial issue conflicting with webzen for example and thee website is the first thing that could be reported and go down, then u get a notice or warning from your hosting provider or directly from webzen and decide what to do, i dont see any other smarter way that webzen can shut down a server,project cus it makes no sense, just the website/ domain and that takes some time to shut down, i dont know maybe im too wrong but thats how it feels like.

peace

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I worked with hundreds of servers and know hundreds of admins, maybe 1-2 in 11 years had something happening like that but it didnt shut down their servers, instead warned them or shut down features on their web, webzen wants the attention coming from private servers as you said cuz they want something guaranteed long term and thats where they go after the privte servers if they wanna play a serious mu (i doubt webzen mu is serious cuz its all about $$) and maybe enjoyin the new features here n there but there is no pvp,pk and all that good stuff cus there are thousand things to do, ppl enjoy maybe castle siege and events mostly getting exp and goin max level unlockin new characters,features etc. Yes there is a slight risk if you provoke and try to be better than webzen and annoy them =D till then, keep doing servers and experimenting.
@NewMuPlanet how will a server shut down ? they will report the host? why is the hosting of the server to blame if they use emulated files or bought from igcn and teams like that? server wont shut down, who will hit it down? does webzen has a trick for all servers to make it inaccessible ? there is a procedure that has to go through as i said and that needs time and to be worth it for webzen to really care, it has to be a big financial issue conflicting with webzen for example and thee website is the first thing that could be reported and go down, then u get a notice or warning from your hosting provider or directly from webzen and decide what to do, i dont see any other smarter way that webzen can shut down a server,project cus it makes no sense, just the website/ domain and that takes some time to shut down, i dont know maybe im too wrong but thats how it feels like.

peace

True, they are too lazy to do anything not they would care, as they are happy with their poor approach and somehow their game is still running and making them money :D

They can ask hosting service to suspend their client's service, not to take it down, but to stop it for an investigation period, due to copyright infringement and as that would only require them to send 1 email of the copyright ownership proof- which I am sure they have printed in all languages by now. Of course it might take 3-5 business days, but if hosting service is somewhat reputable they will choose not to fight the owner of the trademark.

I am sure hosting providers are partially responsible of what is stored on their machines so they will just give you notice and that's it. Of course you can just close and go to the next one and carry on the cycle(which is very unlikely to happen in the first place anyway).

Back