Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Expectations from a new server

King of the bongo
Reaction score
What do you guys think about starting to play on a fresh launched MU Server? How would you wanted it to be and how do you think a new server can keep its player base for months? Are there any kind of servers out there?

I think everyone is bored or gets bored quite fast doing the same routine everytime until they max out and finally gets bored..
How would you not get bored of it? What would it make it special?

My oppinion is that it should be free2play completely and find other ways of sustaining server through other way of selling stuff but how would you keep your enthusiast while playing?

Servers nowadays come and go so fast that i quite lost interest in playing any so I m asking you guys about your oppinions

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello

I've been playing lots of servers that have a huge start with over 500 people (real), but eventually they all decline.
The only reason i can think is that Owners/Moderators don't interact or "fix" problems.

Here is what I suggest: Make the server as a service
- Only for Non-Reset (this is how the game should be played)
- So it's not a very complex thing, make your "patches" or events regularly.
- Spread-out Mu online content as much as you can, with reoccurring events (PVP events, Huge invasion Events, hunt events, make them as complex but easy to understand as you can - don't cheap out on the rewards)
- Reward the players that report bugs
- Ask the community for balance changes, either PVP or PVM
- Start with a good base for PVP and PVM
- Don't extend the content too much (Majestic levels)
- Add some rogue-like aspects, like a specific item, or map for "Rebirth characters- losing all levels and giving the specific bonus - one time is enough"
- Add some farming style mini game on browser - so you can play MU , even when you are not logged in
- If there is a bug that can be fixed in configs, don't wait for developers, try to work around that
- Make few-in game events/day, you don't need to have 20 Blood Castle / day. make it so every time zone can enter once or twice/day, they have other events to play.
- Make every event reliable.

An the list can go on, so the idea is that you need to put out update or patches. That way the community can see you have some interest in the server, so they can buy premium stuff.

Back