Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ICGN or X-Team dev

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello ragezoners I want to open a server and I need your help. I would like to choose between these two files but I don't know what to choose ICGN or xTeamDev. what is your recommendation and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have never worked with IGCN, but some time ago (Season 15), I purchased an x-team license.

- bad community
- Support (what support? To each their own)
- A large part of the bugs are from poorly made configurations already on the server they sell, and the problem is yours that you didn't see this in any of the 500 txt files.
- They never answer e-mail, even if it is to deal with financial matters.
- The platform for renewing and upgrading the package does not work, everything is done by email (what email?)

The original files are distributed with many configuration problems (which confuse with possible bugs), but the fault is still the customer who does not know how to configure and wants everything ready kkkkkkkk

Anyway, as written above, I don't know the IGCN services and files, but what I can say is that my experience with the X-Team was terrible!

If the files sold by IGCN have the default configuration as per the version sold, that is already a positive point, the least that is expected is that it comes with the default configuration working.

Reaction score
95% of season 18 private servers are IGCN based, the rest might be xteam or mudevs, xteam as @moaacir said, i agree totally to all he said, what i like from xteam is = season 2 files for example, cus they have good re-worked features and so on, but for last season nah, igcn is the king of the configs, progression, community,support, tools server and client side as well, more professional service, better structure of config files than any other server files if u use notepad c++ its all simple to understand.

now what difference could be is 1 thing, mudevs server run abit faster when u start .exe files, and maybe have less programs to open, so it feels like 'light files' igcn on the other hand need good ram atleast min 12gb ram and even 8gb but better 12 nowdays for s18. and mudevs seems like xteam for me, i dont like the new structure of their config files, the eventbags and all that, its more complex, its like they tried to do like igcn .xml but its more messy for me to learn, and i dont think they have good file editors for configs like igcn does, but at igcn files even without editor u can config easier than mudevs or xteam, i dont understand why ppl re-make files and dont properly make a normal config file with organised order of each config and a simple explanation what is what, igcn has all that which is professional and worth it and they have great community and bug report system and discord and extra plugins and tools etc that u can get, most importantly i hear the offattack/offtrade plugin u must buy for ur server, then a launcher premium ffor ur auto updates and some client protection, igc essential editor server side for accounts its included free and its the easiest account editor ever. Client editor there is lite version of toolkit free for limited edit features, but the premium one is a lifesaver which is only one time payment product and u can view almost everything as image,models etc in client, and if u wanna go advanced u can reconvert with extra plugin u can get as an addon too for toolkit, so at the end if it has everything u need and u are serious for opening a serious server with ready investment then that is my view, igcn, maybe later in some years if the other dev teams update and do something more professional they could be worth to use, mudevs has free season 17 files which is nice, ofc including bugs or issues, igcn dont have that much free files for latest seasons, probably max = s6 then s9 and s12 which are gr8 files too, but u know s6 most ppl go for louis s6ep3, s9 = igcn nice, s12 = igcn, and for higher seasons u must decide what u care about and pick what suits you better cus there are people who are fine with just buying files and open a server and ignore issues and bugs and just make a server, while others know how to operate a server and care about features to be working and having a solid way of working with the configs and managing the server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
from player side, i am skipping servers who's using igcn. if u are PK after logoff and login always u spawning in lorencia and when u running to another maps, after long run u almost always getting DC and welcome to lorencia (here we go again...) of course if you playing 9999999999x server with /pkcelar command for few zens it doesnt matter but for serious server is pain in butt, unplayable or there is no fun because u can forget pvp for conquer...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Spawn thing is actually matter of config specific admin decides to use.

For the DC issue, we never received any report about that. I assume this is individual issue of specific server so.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
from player side, i am skipping servers who's using igcn. if u are PK after logoff and login always u spawning in lorencia and when u running to another maps, after long run u almost always getting DC and welcome to lorencia (here we go again...) of course if you playing 9999999999x server with /pkcelar command for few zens it doesnt matter but for serious server is pain in butt, unplayable or there is no fun because u can forget pvp for conquer...

The DC issue you experienced probably was due to a bad connection or a poor DataCenter latency from where was located the server itself. IGCN files do not have that type of issues.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Spawn thing is actually matter of config specific admin decides to use.

For the DC issue, we never received any report about that. I assume this is individual issue of specific server so.

well seems this shenanigans is by default, and 99% of admins no bothers to change it. so why this shenanigans is default? (or at least it was 2 years ago, when i still played)
DC problems was in every server where i played, my friends had this problem too. and what reports u expecting when 99% of admins have a high rates servers with arena full of spots and no need to run anywhere. of that rest 1% low servers, 99% of players and admins don't give a duck about this dc problems...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well seems this shenanigans is by default, and 99% of admins no bothers to change it. so why this shenanigans is default? (or at least it was 2 years ago, when i still played)
DC problems was in every server where i played, my friends had this problem too. and what reports u expecting when 99% of admins have a high rates servers with arena full of spots and no need to run anywhere. of that rest 1% low servers, 99% of players and admins don't give a duck about this dc problems...

Sorry you had bad experience playing on our servers, however 99% of success depends on admin's experience. There is plenty of classic servers running on our files. I believe you were not lucky enough to reach one of them. Any issues, especially crash/DC, are being treated by us with highest priority and usually fixed within hot-fix releases.

However, if you would still experience DC issues on ANY of our servers I suggest to check your end :)

I am not sure where you take your statistics from, 1% vs 99% but clearly telling you to change source of your information as it seems not valid at all.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been client to most of the MuOnline developers, i strongly recommend IGCN, recomandation based on my background of 18 years of creating muservers .
@IGCNWizzy , i totally agree with that @adeunreal statistics are completely wrong and not supported by any logical argument.

šŸ²The Myth ā€¢ āš”ļøThe Legend
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
IGCN - Bad Configuration, Basic Configurations , Not flexible
It's like I give you all the Setup and just change the numbers

X-Team - Kinda Flexible , A lot of Customized Scripts and plugins but No support. Fix your own problem , and learn by your self

Reaction score
IGCN: Ready - Bad Config, Lot of Stuff are not able to Edit (Hardcoded) Need on their side to be change at $$$.
X-Team: DIY (No Support, Do it Your Own), If you know how to read/code. You would be able to change the way you want.
DeveMU: A New S18 Emulator, Still lot of Bug. But there a Support. Cheaper than IGCN/X-Team and has Free Version (Unlimited Sub-server *50 Player Max per Sub-Server*)

Back