Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Important Question: Why do server files not get released past season 9

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I havnt played this game in over 10 years, I recently came back and gained interest. I noticed the server files only go to season 9, yet ive seen mutiple top servers with season 14. Why do the server files on ragezone end at season 9? How do i get a newer season? Is this possible? Please answer some of my questions, Thank you for your time. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Newest season for free proabably season 12. MUEMU files.

X-team / IGCN is the newer seasons.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Newest season for free proabably season 12. MUEMU files.

X-team / IGCN is the newer seasons.

Is the only way to get a bug free newer season is to pay for it from x team or igcn? I saw season 12 was riddled with bugs.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Once upon a time mu online community lived in harmony.. until the greedy nation attacked.. but I believe that one day, someone will save the community :biggrin:

jokes aside - most of the generous, community-oriented dev quit and ones that are left are greedy people, digging for scraps with the newer open source seasons like 9 and 12 trying to make something out of it (fake teams, selling them etc.)

best bet you have for newer seasons with less bugs is to pay up for premium files (which will cost you a kidney)

Reaction score
Well well.. i used to think same way, but wait a second.. these people IGCN/X-team spend a lot of time, money and knowledge.. they are programers and they provide the best they can, we can't compare the premium files with any free releases,
You wanna create a GAME, a game that much often gives you profits, but even with out the profits, how you wanna create something that good, or latest versions with out spending money?
When someone put so much effort is greedy from some people to wait everything comes free in their hands..

Nowdays im sick watching millions of free crap servers, with tons of hacks, bugs, wholes.. there is more servers than users, servers that edit anything to users, freebies e.t.c
I don't talk about competition because this servers can't competive with any well organized premium server, but in order to achieve something good, you have to "pay" the equivalent price. Even if you/we failed.

Reaction score
Well, I hope this isn’t going too much off-topic, but I agree, this forum section is almost dead regarding new developments. People don’t wanna spend their valuable time and see how other people try to sell their work. As a consequence they sell their well protected products based on their time and knowledge - nothing against that!

I do my open source projects as a hobby and to try out new techniques. I earn enough money in my normal job. MU server files are such a niche that they could never pay my bills anyway. Not every dev here is in such a position, though. So, if you want good files you’ll need to pay someone - but nobody forces you to buy such files. You’re free to develop your own files if you think you can do it better or cheaper :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So the only way is to get season 14 is from x team or igcn and to pay 500 usd plus 50 usd monthly?

faronnia.com
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The MU kids have grown up and now have to face reality.

What reality?
You need money to live. You need money to eat. You need money for Ducking everything, almost.

Money is a currency, why should developers act like Ducking JESUS or something and give the masses free stuff.
The masses always ruin everything that is good anyways.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well, I hope this isn’t going too much off-topic, but I agree, this forum section is almost dead regarding new developments. People don’t wanna spend their valuable time and see how other people try to sell their work. As a consequence they sell their well protected products based on their time and knowledge - nothing against that!

I do my open source projects as a hobby and to try out new techniques. I earn enough money in my normal job. MU server files are such a niche that they could never pay my bills anyway. Not every dev here is in such a position, though. So, if you want good files you’ll need to pay someone - but nobody forces you to buy such files. You’re free to develop your own files if you think you can do it better or cheaper :)

Yeah true true. I understand that if your files are really worth "premium" then, by all means, sell it as you wish. It's the fact that there aren't any more people sharing files, fixing, and working on them together as a community that really trumps.

Don't get me wrong, nothing is wrong by selling premium files like IGCN, MUE, X-Team etc. (only those annoying fake teams). Obviously, they have been around for quite some time now and they have developed quite a reputation. There just haven't been many developments like the old times from season 4 to 6.

So again, to answer OP's question, yes the only way you can get higher seasons is to pay premium files since there are little to zero open developments of newer seasons anymore.

No, You can also contact Webzen and buy distribution of the game for 25 million USD. NO MONTHLY PAYMENTS! YAY!

Extra organs to sell :lol:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you don't want to pay, you can learn like everyone else. Nobody here born knowing how to develop new mu seasons.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, it does takes alot of Effort to Crack and MuOnline is dying like badly i dont think Anyone will put that effort to do it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well. That depends on your goals. I wanted to learn how to develop and my initial path was Mu Online because it was easy.

But if you want to have a "normal" life and want only spend 1 hour a day on development, then this is not for you.

But to anwer the main question: Buy it, download it or make it.

Buy = Fastest way. You will always depend on the file seller team.

Download = Common way but not safe or recommended. Can get help on most forums.

Make = Slowest way. You won't depend on anyone.

Reaction score
Well. That depends on your goals. I wanted to learn how to develop and my initial path was Mu Online because it was easy.

But if you want to have a "normal" life and want only spend 1 hour a day on development, then this is not for you.

But to anwer the main question: Buy it, download it or make it.

Buy = Fastest way. You will always depend on the file seller team.

Download = Common way but not safe or recommended. Can get help on most forums.

Make = Slowest way. You won't depend on anyone.

to get to the ''MAKE'' level, how many years it would to take for non programmer person? :)
buy is the only way to get something decent.

Back