Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Best MU server you've played

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The first server that i played, and probably enjoyed the most is Mu Linkmania (0.97b). Low xp (3x) having +11 set it was a great achievement, i had a phonebook with phone numbers of all my guildmates (HHunterZ). The computers were online 24/7 and if someone slept and died on spot someone called in an maximum of 15 minutes.
The server had a no-afk rule, with harsh administration (good thing) , the playerbase was consisted mostly of Romanians 2k+ players.

Some other servers that i consider to be unique or good:
- Arieth MU (1st server that i played summoner, lots of customs, 4th wings, nice progression system)
- Rere4Fun (Same as Linkmania but it was Season 3-4, from what i recall they some of the first guys to have a fully working Illusion Temple)
- DivinityMU (Season 6 ep3, nice server, nice people, crappy Admin and some "interesting" donations made some guilds imba)
- LostLand MU (Season 6, had the best non-reset progression, the dmg formulas were nice, a very good server)
- DarkSide of MU (This was the one that i played the most, the best pvp formulas, also @DaRKav was a very nice guy, the server had lots of customs, server side and client side, a very nice community, and after some time i even became part of the events team -EVT-)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Player here for 15 years and this is my rank from top to bottom.

1. Mu Global - 2003

-Days of "Jewel rotation EE 1st"
-Days where Drag Set+3+12 means you were cool
-Getting your first "Running Boots" made you proud
-Chaos Dragon Axe = YOUR ARE GOD LIKE

2. Mu Philippines (Mobius) - Late 2003 onward

-Huge population
-Trading and farming economy the best i've seen
-KS Wars with Wiz or EMG, even no EXP 1st to leave spot is the loser
-A.T.A.C.T. alliance (Tachoink & AvenD3rd)

3. Mu Online Philippines (Agartha by MU Engine Dev) - 2012 to Present

-First ever to release Ecoins Market on Personal Store
-4k to 5k players online per hour
-Still number 1 for Non-Rebirth/Reset in terms of population & Low-rate
-Only private server that was run so well it seems like it's an official server (IDK if Im biased because I worked with them for 3years)

4. PandoraMu

-I like the community and the web shop back in the day when very few had it
-This is where I learned the no-afk policy

5. LostLand Mu (MU Engine)

-The first non-rebirth private server I ever played that seemed bugless
-Admin was hands-on
-Admin Banned me when I offered 700 USD for standard gears even he knew nobody would know.

šŸ²The Myth ā€¢ āš”ļøThe Legend
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Psychic-Doom MU - The First MU I ever played, the Battle was so Close and challenging. I had my 1st Reset for about 2 months.

Zhyper MU
* Most Populated Mu Server
* I'm currently playing at when I have time
* The Battle was challenging,
* Back then 2004 - 2008 , All of the Internet Cafe in my Hometown has ZhyperMU

Mu RuZ - They have 2 Custom Characters. Hunter (A Male Archer) and Slayer (A Female Gladiator). also had a custom Skill Tree for it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Arieth MU Nebo was the best low xp server I played. The configurations were just great, also everyone on the server was so competitive so there was plenty of drama to be had.

Global MU K2 was also pretty good, before the dark times of WZ ploughing F.O items into the game with their rare item tickets that were sold in the cash shop.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. Soul MU (season 1?) back at 2005/2006 when everything was new and hyped up
2. Inten City MU (Net cafe server :p ) 2005/2006
3. ShadowMU Season 2 around 2008/2009 shadowmu.co.uk was the web by -=sIN=- was an amazing server and fun. MIssed those times.
4. Global MU Online by K2 Network (season 2) 2009/2010 396 lvl BK then it went to season 3 and my account was lost or hacked.. :D
5. DejaMU season 4 was cool times too :)

thats all i can reemember.

Hah, DejaMU. Yeah I miss that project. I still talk to Jackel/Dice from time to time, shame it went to hell.

I have a lot of good memories, ran a lot of servers.. But I have to say that the best one ever which took a big part of my teen life has to be AlchemyMu - muonline.co.uk (the real and original one). Rip KrazyKatie

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I have a lot of good memories, ran a lot of servers.. But I have to say that the best one ever which took a big part of my teen life has to be AlchemyMu - muonline.co.uk (the real and original one). Rip KrazyKatie

Holy crap, didn't think anyone would remember AlchemyMu. I played that when I was 11, back in 04... I remember the server closing down for no reason and the website was offline for a couple of days, then later on had a message saying we should get a life (or something like that xD). Afaik the owners of AlchemyMu own Twilight Mu, so it is still with us in a way.

Nice to see someone else have fond memories of the server, although to be fair the server was very popular back then with population being more than 1, 000.

I also remember Katie's loss as well, the administrators renamed Elf Lala to her in-game name, which was a nice touch.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Holy crap, didn't think anyone would remember AlchemyMu. I played that when I was 11, back in 04... I remember the server closing down for no reason and the website was offline for a couple of days, then later on had a message saying we should get a life (or something like that xD). Afaik the owners of AlchemyMu own Twilight Mu, so it is still with us in a way.

Nice to see someone else have fond memories of the server, although to be fair the server was very popular back then with population being more than 1, 000.

I also remember Katie's loss as well, the administrators renamed Elf Lala to her in-game name, which was a nice touch.

Yeah.. That call from messenger and being told that she passed was heartbreaking. I still remember the first time I "met" her elf. Dungeons level 3, I was meerly a beginner at the server. Thanks to her I later on managed to join "Alliance" I think the Guild name was. And helped me get full phoenix armor? (I dont remember the name, it was blueish when +7 and wings. Good times..

Yeah some of the staff on Twilight Mu briefly worked on one of the servers we hosted after AlchemyMU, luckily we had access to their files along with the licensed MSSQL files because of contacts with 2 previous alchemy mu staff members.

AlchemyMU will never be forgotten by the hard-core players even though I left this community years ago. Slowly coming back currently testing "Muonline Web". Everything in chinese, ages to translate hehe.

I also remember your name from before. I've had so many nicknames that most people don't recognize me. Magicswe is my old ragezone forum account that I can't access anymore.

RIP: KrazyKatie 11, November 2005

Last edited:
faronnia.com
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Oh I remember Alchemy MU alright :cool:

Magical Raven - Best MU server you've played - RaGEZONE Forums

Good times!

If you like old version of MU like this, try Dios' Jaimaika 'JMK' MU its very good!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
LastLand no doubt. Ever since it closed i haven't seen any good non pay2win servers and eventually gave up on mu when every new season was worse than the last one. I still come to these forums once in a while with hopes that original lastland is back :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Global MU was the best.
Then it kinda got boring after seeing alot of private servers so my first private server playing was MuGuardian/MuTemplar
French Admin :Jumeriah
Got no idea where they when. Server was awesome.
Then DaRKav took over.
Kinda cool with DarkaV servers. Perfect balance and pro admin

RaGEZONER Since 2004
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Still Global MU rocks my world back way 2004. Which you are very rich when you got +11+L+16 Normal Dragon Set and Satan Wing.And most special weapon was Chaos Dragon Axe lol. (NO EXCELLENT ITEMS)

:w00t:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
GigaMU season. This server rocks. Season 13.
Unique files. It feels like season 6 MuEngine in it prime on s13. Cool

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Player here for 15 years and this is my rank from top to bottom.

2. Mu Philippines (Mobius) - Late 2003 onward

-Huge population
-Trading and farming economy the best i've seen

This one right here. I still remember it as one of the most fun Christmas periods I had in games (next to Rose Online). There were firecrackers everywhere, loads of active and friendly people online. My goodness those were the days. An active population and an economy where most items are valuable truly is the most important in an Mu Online server.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I don't even have to name a server and 99% will agree with me:
All servers before Season 3-4 appeared F.O items and other stuff destroying mu economy and good gameplay with party/friends :)

But mostly... GMO Season 2/K2 Heroia/Mornia and PsychicDoom 97d

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It all starts in 2007 when I was a kid and my first MU experience begun with ZhyperMu S3 E2/3.
Got scammed by neighbour. My experience with Zhyper lasts for three days.

Back then was this server called MuZone(.gr?) that ranked #2 after Zhyper. I learned to play this game and got stuck there for 3 years. After that, I dropped this server for ElgrekoMu (medium xp, S5), a romanian-based community and being active until the fall of 2010 when that server closed its doors. Got bored, lazy to seek for a server of my taste and reinstalled zhyper after almost 4 years of inactivity there.

It was so strange, so hard to get items, Zhyper was the opposite of my game-taste and I was thinking to quit as soon as I see something else.
I remember when I got plenty of items and jewels, a full store of them as I remember, and sold my junky store to my first blue fenrir (I still pronounce ā€fenirā€ by mistake haha) and I was so happy. I bought a set with that blue pet, sold the set to a higher price and so on (romanian real biznis here). On that day I discovered the beauty of ZhyperMu and its unique marketbase.
I still brag on me that I didnt spent any euros in any game till today and everything was received by hardwork.

Played till 2016 as I remember, when I focused on MuOfficial for a short period of time.

So here I am now, up and playing Z/Official occasionally.

Mention:
I enjoyed so much a server back in 2013 called UnrealMu S5/6, it was a part of WarriorMu Community as I remember. I was surprised by its modifications implemented there, everything was changed by the client side with no cranky addons or whatsoever and only 3 maps available with ongoing updates, all sharply developed. This server got me in seconds.
Until one of the admins decided its too low 5x we are playing and rising the rates a lil bit after 2 weeks of the opening would be a good idea. Experience was made 25x instead of 5x. Bad choice, mass abandon on that day. Closed after 1 month or so.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
TosaMU was the best i dont know exact vers 99 something had items +15 invisible it was 500x i think and webshop with full item with resets 20 ( bone / scale / ... ) 40 ( black dragon / red dragon / legendary .... ) 60-80 ( dark phoenix / gd / ... )

Last edited by a moderator:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score

This video always spikes me up for MuOnline. :D

Back