Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

muonline desktop to mobile portability

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Someone with knowledge or adaptation project for multiplatform muonline.Being a desktop and mobile muserver in the same project?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
There was a development thread recently that showcased a MU rebuild using unity or unreal that support cross platform play

I can't seem to find the thread anymore tho..

If you're referring to making the current MU game cross platform, it is VERY unlikely

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There was a development thread recently that showcased a MU rebuild using unity or unreal that support cross platform play

I can't seem to find the thread anymore tho..

If you're referring to making the current MU game cross platform, it is VERY unlikely
Well we have muaway as example where you can play both pc and mobile with the same account.

Reaction score
i saw another server that have cross platform , not sure when did they start the server.

Another cross platform is Lost Continent Global

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i saw another server that have cross platform , not sure when did they start the server.

There is also devilzmu.net available on both platforms. Its s4 and has some connection with muaway. Its full of players tho, I havent seen so much activity since the gold days of mu.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Another cross platform is Lost Continent Global

Lost Continent actually looks really cool. For sure going to try it

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The client sources were released it is not a current version but it is in the middle of the new and the old, I think that if you create a mobile version would give a refresh to the game. as we continue the game will die sorry is the truth

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have been playing devilz mu for almost a month, and it's been great. The android client isn't perfect, the controls are odd, using commands (d menu) is a pain but it's very convenient. And sadly this is probably the best true mmorp out for mobile lol. I really wonder how they made the client work on mobile. Classic mu on mobile could extend the game's life expectancy by a bunch more years

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have been playing devilz mu for almost a month, and it's been great. The android client isn't perfect, the controls are odd, using commands (d menu) is a pain but it's very convenient. And sadly this is probably the best true mmorp out for mobile lol. I really wonder how they made the client work on mobile. Classic mu on mobile could extend the game's life expectancy by a bunch more years

The base of the game is OpenGL and that's supported by every platform because the dependency of OpenGL is in the video/graphics Drivers.
The main.exe of Mu for PC uses that technology but to create the window, to manage the inputs, to work with the internet, etc. uses specific functions of the Windows OS. To make it work with other OS like Linux (Android, Ubuntu, etc.) or MAC, you should change those functionalities and use multiplatform libraries or code by yourself for the specific OS you want to support.
You can create different builds in your project according to the OS that you're ponting to using macros to separate those specific functionalities.

For example:

Code:
#ifdef COMPILE_WINDOWS

// Create a window using Windows syscalls

#else ifdef COMPILE_LINUX

// Create a window using Linux syscalls

#endif

// USE OPENGL FOR EVERY SO

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The base of the game is OpenGL and that's supported by every platform because the dependency of OpenGL is in the video/graphics Drivers.
The main.exe of Mu for PC uses that technology but to create the window, to manage the inputs, to work with the internet, etc. uses specific functions of the Windows OS. To make it work with other OS like Linux (Android, Ubuntu, etc.) or MAC, you should change those functionalities and use multiplatform libraries or code by yourself for the specific OS you want to support.
You can create different builds in your project according to the OS that you're ponting to using macros to separate those specific functionalities.

For example:

Code:
#ifdef COMPILE_WINDOWS

// Create a window using Windows syscalls

#else ifdef COMPILE_LINUX

// Create a window using Linux syscalls

#endif

// USE OPENGL FOR EVERY SO

But you would still need the client source to make this happen, right?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Someone with knowledge or adaptation project for multiplatform muonline.Being a desktop and mobile muserver in the same project?

Ask Mesosa, they are the owners of MU Legends which is closed and Lost Continent which can be played in both PC and Mobile devices.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
take a look at this

Its already live with cross platform between the old client, new client, and mobile (android/ios)

Back