Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Too many private servers!!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Not sure if you are into Mu Online Development, but any viruses inside the main.exe are not viruses, but false positive Trojan signature or whatever virus. The reason that is detected as a virus is because inside the main.exe are happening some "Illegal" changes into the memory, such as loading libraries, functions being hooked or detoured, etc.. so the game can be adapted to the server administrator needs without having the main source code.

It's safe to play on most servers I would say, but yes, most players do have an antivirus and maybe they don't wanna disable it.

There's no MAIN source code, so no one can develop a correct main.exe without false positive antivirus reaction.

NOPE thats not the case. I play MU Online from season 1 on global and i remember when almost every client was virus free now its almost impossible to find a client without viruses.

It comes not only to main.exe which sometimes is virusfree but then many DLLs have trojan.wacatac or trojan.zexaf trojan.zedaf or another backdoors! And dont tell me its false positive cause when you reverse engineer them they are trojans cause i tried it many times on virtual machines !
Provide a MUOnline Server link and I will prove you theres a VIRUS not a falsepositive there, otherwise i could even pay to play VIRUS FREE server! Thanks

PS. Old CLEAN clients mostly on IGC had only IGC.dll which gave any alerts on virustotal which was IGC.Pua which really isnt a virus, but its impossible to find such one today!

If You are able to provide any server using CLEAN CLIENT give link and I will post results of my check here, THANKS

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
First 4 mu onlines that are in top, are administrated by same admin , same LAME CONFIG,no idea about administration and IT , same bugs,same errors. COpy-paste.

Server are alive for about 2-4 weeks, then dies...then he opens another one,and another one... just for money.

proof>

MangTaZ - Too many private servers!! - RaGEZONE Forums

You are absolutely correct about this. Unfortunately this same owner or owners must have around 10-15 muservers, once one of them stops making money, they close it and open a new one with different name.

They are either cheating votes or paying a lot of money to xtremetop100 where the first 3 top muonline places are servers from this same owner. What he or they do is, once one of those 3 servers stops making money, they close or abandon it, open a new one and change the xtremetop100 listing to reflect to the new server. That's why you will notice those 3 top servers that change name very often but keeping the same site id (they are just changing url and info on the same account).

Sadly, xtremetop100 staff is doing nothing about it, which means that they are probably paying them a good amount of $$ or they just don't care and let them cheat votes with bots.

Also another note is, they always use e-mail for player support in the form of admin@muservername.xxx. They are never using a ticket support system because they can't handle the tickets due to owning 10-15 muservers at the same time. So they prefer to redirect all e-mails to a single source so it can be easier to manage.

Apart from that, it might also be just a single man business or 2 at max. They only care about money, the servers are configured like a noob is behind it, most settings are left default. Almost all their servers have the same style, copy-paste stuff just with different exp/drop.

Another note is, if you play in any of those servers you will notice that most of the time the actual player base inside is very small and has NOTHING to do with what their online count shows in website. Of course they put fake online numbers to make people think their server is crowded.

Finally, they never put paypal or any other payment method where the customer can see their real name because they want to hide all their personal info to make it as anomynous as possible. If you notice they choose only payment methods that are taken care of third parties etc.

Well if you ask me, i wouldn't call them criminals but they are certainly fooling players by opening and closing servers like they were suits, just to make easy money by doing pretty much nothing since they managed to secure their placement on topsites by unfair means.

Proof (from one of the servers that was top 1 on xtremetop100 a few months ago)

QUHNvoJ - Too many private servers!! - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
NOPE thats not the case. I play MU Online from season 1 on global and i remember when almost every client was virus free now its almost impossible to find a client without viruses.

It comes not only to main.exe which sometimes is virusfree but then many DLLs have trojan.wacatac or trojan.zexaf trojan.zedaf or another backdoors! And dont tell me its false positive cause when you reverse engineer them they are trojans cause i tried it many times on virtual machines !
Provide a MUOnline Server link and I will prove you theres a VIRUS not a falsepositive there, otherwise i could even pay to play VIRUS FREE server! Thanks

PS. Old CLEAN clients mostly on IGC had only IGC.dll which gave any alerts on virustotal which was IGC.Pua which really isnt a virus, but its impossible to find such one today!

If You are able to provide any server using CLEAN CLIENT give link and I will post results of my check here, THANKS

no one will release free unpacked main, because people will sell it, its extremely huje job to unpack and make it fully working, wz are making traps and making developer life harder. u saw legend.mu recently just gave up

MangTaZ - Too many private servers!! - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dreams :lol:But would be great to have a main source code xDD.

Not really. Even webzen know´´´´´s that main source is sh*t. Proves? Compare old version vs Season 6 Thai with .map vs IDA Season 7 or higher pseudo deco. 3 diferents main, 3 diferents teams code types, 3 diferents decades, same un-optimized problems. Any real developer, with experience & time, wouldnt waste time on webzen main source. Is better to work on Unity/Unreal or any 3d Engine, trying to replicate everything, like MuLegend did.

------------> Back to thread ideas.
Is obvious that keep working on webzen base just gave them problems. So much work, so much time, so much legal problems? so much ideas for develop(Win-Win).

There are many muonline clones on Android, even webbrowsers clones. Virus problem on MuOnline? Sure. Every developer wants to protect his own job(False Positive) & if any person got any viruses playing muonline, were cuz someone want it; specially from public repacks(Lot of noobs & pseudo-coders trying to make money).

About Same Admins with same servers with same config, with same names-> Same history from 2006, same from 2012. No one can fight agaisnt that. MuOnline players did not notice that type of info, they just wanna play a bit.

MuOnline history tells a lot of things.
1 - Webzen appears didnt care mutizens. Check official forums. (If they dont care players, did anyone think that would care us xD?)
2 - Webzen started to make ther own versions of actual customs.
3 - Game changed to Pay to Win & no one can reverse it. So players prefers balanced P2W.
4 - Admins not read any tutorial for settings or study how really work any system.
5 - Most Admins are young people..... the didnt lived *Gold Era*, dont know all new systems and how to use.(Did webzen do?)
6 - Real developers code for private use, & public Developers share for make reputation.
7 - Story Lore were lost after Season 2.(Maybe translation problems).
8 - Game take mecanics from others MMORPGS and maybe lost her essense(Talking about nostalgic players)

I belive that, this isnt other "Who is better team, who has better files" thread, so i would not talk about this; cuz having any team files, any version or any antihack, will not be any server successfull..

I think a real server is one word. "Market". Without that, is just any repack with a lot of custom that no one uses. Real servers have a big team, have "logic" drops & mobs, have dinamyc market for renovate players, have stability, use special events on cyclic times, generate social interactions.

Others, are just "one more.

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. It's easier to rebuild the game from scratch and make a "new MMO" based on Mu using a nowadays game development engines. But yeah, the main sources I've checked under IDA are not even coded by the same team, which made me think that WebZen is hiring game development companies who are making this main based on what WebZen gives them. Not sure WebZen is having more than the Mu trademark and just owning intellectual property of these, but surely, from Season 6, those are not developed by WZ anymore.

Yes, most of the servers and even WebZen went to P2W. I'm not a P2W fan, never was. I am fan of in-game economy. Sure, paying for things like VIP maps which can boost you a bit, or 10-20% more XP boost, it's alright, but having full option items or things like that, it's a no-no for me. That's a "IWantYourMoneyAndDontCareAboutYou" kind of server.

Yes, that's true with the viruses. Most of them are like bitcoin miners integration and hooking on main from some crappy DLL from a stupid repack, but not in every cases. People who are reporting viruses are not developers(probably 70% of them or more aren't) and they can't know about what code alteration could mean for an antivirus which is identifying that portion of code with a Trojan signature.

Voyager of Time and Space
Reaction score
Do you mean the new servers with like 500-1000 players that have been popping up this couple a few years now? yeah I've been thinking that they're being run by the same people as well, but there are also some people me who returns to MU once in a blue moon and not care about the player count but still wants to try and run a server just for nostalgia or just a hobbyist administrator, I'd reckon at this point for me personally MU has become like creative-mode Minecraft in terms of the building aspect since it's simple to configure if you just public files/non-coding.

But back to the topic at hand, so far from what I've been seeing these couple years when I return to MU, they always somehow use the same style of advertising banners even (some character attacking a monster whilst showing damage numbers).

Reaction score
Don't be angry about that there are too many servers. Make one to prove that you are better! :wink:
What the hell is there to cry about?
Every single noob think he can do better... (usually he cant)
And so they try to make their own noobservers and come here to cy for help how to do this and that, before even reading just abit of quides...
Most of these end with max 1 month timeline...
To know if server is done by love and knowledge you just read their intro, it must not contain words: pro, mega, super, best , bestest, top etc. :D
Most antivirus warning's come from free(non licence'd) packers and incorrectly cracked server files and its the top reason ii dont like "free" server files.
I still remember my first mega bad one that i got from 97d+99... chernobyl ( )
About legacy... who cares about that :D just be careful and dont abuse webzen's trademark by some wrong way...
Also be careful about 1 or 2 post "too good to be true" servers (look at online characters count or bar few times to see if it change) also see if server have forum/discord first and see activity(can be false aswell).
Never donate or buy something before you have been ingame and seen what's going on there.
Never buy items or stats for real money from players(mostly scam and its not allowed by servers rules).
Before you buy some server files be sure you buy it from some known developers(they have websites...)
and search seller id. (google it.) to see if he have(had) some issues previously.
Ask from friends or communities first about files that someone try to sell you.
Otherwise it is your money you loose by being stupid and you have nowhere to go to cry.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Funny thread, but i don't think there are any good private servers. The last 10 servers I played were made by cash-grabbers or by people who don't know anything about MU.

I'm trying to play a Season 17 non-reset server, with drops that are either checked map by map or the admin knows how to add them if missing.
All the servers had fake online counters.

Some of them were:
-Divine MU
-World Wide MU
-Universe MU
-Lemuria MU
-Empire MU

Currently waiting for 3 new servers that might be ok:
-Darkside of MU
-Veneno MU
-Mu Online Europe

I have to also give merits were merits are deserved:
- Teba MU (Divinity Network) - the only admin that knows what he is doing , the server has more than 10 years (with some DB wipes)
- MUX Legend (just tried this, and i like how you can see they don't have IGCN files)

I would play on any of those two but they have resets.

If you know any S16EP2 or S17 non-reset servers that i might wanna try , let me know.

Reaction score
@Bakuya go check Noblemu there's plenty of different servers with different configs...
All those are similar but work different ways...
Also its pretty hard to say it like "this server is good and this server is bad" as there's tonz of different players who like different configs
like exp and shops and drops and shops and so on....

Last edited by a moderator:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Too many private servers with a TOO MANY Fake Players (OFFTrade OFFATACK) on it i can say ... 50% of the mu private servers going offline after 3-4-5 months ...

Back