Too many private servers!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MemberRank
    Dec 2014 Join Date
    4Posts

Re: Too many private servers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Portofel View Post
    First 4 mu onlines that are in top, are administrated by same admin , same LAME CONFIG,no idea about administration and IT , same bugs,same errors. COpy-paste.

Server are alive for about 2-4 weeks, then dies...then he opens another one,and another one... just for money.

proof>

Anyone that has been playing the "top" private servers in the past few years can definitely confirm this..
    After not playing MU for years(S6!), I came back to servers being S13I first started with GlobalMU(S13x50)->DragonMU(S14x500)->GlobalMU(S15x500)->Asgard(S15x5000), and a few others inbetween, and I know for a fact that DragonMU,GlobalMU,AsgardMU,and Mu Europe, were all owned by the same administration team, Havent played MU for 6+months, and they were still trying to keep it kind of hidden, not sure about now. It wouldn't be good for them to advertise as the same owners as the server that just gave up a months before and left players empty handed as they opened a new one..
    As a business strategy, its brilliant.. From a players perspective, it can be almost heartbreaking. When DragonMU closed, it definately was for me. After not seriously playing a server for years, then devoting a year to playing competitively, making friends, rivals, etc.. ill admit it kind of hurt when the server was basically abandoned by the admins, and everyone started moving to a new server..(GlobalMUx500 S15)
    Became one of the higher ranking players in that server, as well, after following my friends.. and it eventually suffered the same fate.
    Still played a few servers after, but not the same way... completely quit a few months later.
    Sad, because this is the ONLY game I actually play. Tried every other MMORPG, couldn't get into them.
    Now, im downloading LevelMU, after checking the top server charts again.. just to hope I can once again get into the game.

Sorry for resurrecting old topic, and wall of text.
    Not sure why I felt the need to share all of that.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2006 Join Date
    0x198837ADLocation
    246Posts

I've read the posts here and true. A lot of private servers are ran by incompetent administrators. But, in this case, you(we as players) are the one who choose to pay for some poor services or not. If someone is willing to pay freely for something, the server's incompetent admins are not criminals. You are just dumb enough to do that xD (no offences here). So, we, as players, we need to provide a feedback and get an opinion on that server. The reason many players are playing 2 weeks and then the server just dies, is cause the server it really sucks! And players actually saw already what the server can offer. The best private servers are the one which coming with custom things(Not ITEMs. Custom not equal Items or pets), things like a jewel bank, a wcoin slot machine, different events with unique loot and a change in the grind method of getting xp, custom quests, new crafting system.. and the list can go on and on. The monotony is killing the servers.

MemberRank
    Dec 2014 Join Date
    4Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zipper20032 View Post
    I've read the posts here and true. A lot of private servers are ran by incompetent administrators. But, in this case, you(we as players) are the one who choose to pay for some poor services or not. If someone is willing to pay freely for something, the server's incompetent admins are not criminals. You are just dumb enough to do that xD (no offences here). So, we, as players, we need to provide a feedback and get an opinion on that server. The reason many players are playing 2 weeks and then the server just dies, is cause the server it really sucks! And players actually saw already what the server can offer. The best private servers are the one which coming with custom things(Not ITEMs. Custom not equal Items or pets), things like a jewel bank, a wcoin slot machine, different events with unique loot and a change in the grind method of getting xp, custom quests, new crafting system.. and the list can go on and on. The monotony is killing the servers.
    I agree that I wouldn't call them criminals.. Moreso I'd refer to them as greedy business owners, tbh.
    While the fact that they take money for items from people assuming the server will be around a while, and then purposefully kill it off by moving all attention to the next server they open, so that players go to that one, and spend money again, could be seen as immoral, as you said, it's the decision of the players, so it's not really criminal.

However, most people I've spoken with that play MU, are looking for a server that has a high playercount(This is the most important part to me, as well.. I mean, what fun is MU without developing rivalries and friendships?) and is of the newest season..
    That leaves very few options, honestly, and most of them are owned by the same administration team.. and all of these servers have a strong pay2win feeling to them, because while it's true you can grind for your gears and get them without paying.., you'll struggle to do it before the server starts to die. Ask me how I know.. :P

MemberRank
    Feb 2020 Join Date
    2Posts

That what has been said that servers currently are run by hackers is a true thing. Why? Try to find a server without ANY virus in main.exe Today its impossible many days ago half of servers were clean on virustotal.com
    If I am wrong please provide links or at least names for clean servers !! Thanks

True MemberRank
    Oct 2006 Join Date
    0x198837ADLocation
    246Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wojtron View Post
    That what has been said that servers currently are run by hackers is a true thing. Why? Try to find a server without ANY virus in main.exe Today its impossible many days ago half of servers were clean on virustotal.com
    If I am wrong please provide links or at least names for clean servers !! Thanks
    Not sure if you are into Mu Online Development, but any viruses inside the main.exe are not viruses, but false positive Trojan signature or whatever virus. The reason that is detected as a virus is because inside the main.exe are happening some "Illegal" changes into the memory, such as loading libraries, functions being hooked or detoured, etc.. so the game can be adapted to the server administrator needs without having the main source code.

It's safe to play on most servers I would say, but yes, most players do have an antivirus and maybe they don't wanna disable it.

There's no MAIN source code, so no one can develop a correct main.exe without false positive antivirus reaction.

MemberRank
    Feb 2020 Join Date
    2Posts

Not sure if you are into Mu Online Development, but any viruses inside the main.exe are not viruses, but false positive Trojan signature or whatever virus. The reason that is detected as a virus is because inside the main.exe are happening some "Illegal" changes into the memory, such as loading libraries, functions being hooked or detoured, etc.. so the game can be adapted to the server administrator needs without having the main source code.

It's safe to play on most servers I would say, but yes, most players do have an antivirus and maybe they don't wanna disable it.

There's no MAIN source code, so no one can develop a correct main.exe without false positive antivirus reaction.
    NOPE thats not the case. I play MU Online from season 1 on global and i remember when almost every client was virus free now its almost impossible to find a client without viruses.

It comes not only to main.exe which sometimes is virusfree but then many DLLs have trojan.wacatac or trojan.zexaf trojan.zedaf or another backdoors! And dont tell me its false positive cause when you reverse engineer them they are trojans cause i tried it many times on virtual machines !
    Provide a MUOnline Server link and I will prove you theres a VIRUS not a falsepositive there, otherwise i could even pay to play VIRUS FREE server! Thanks

PS. Old CLEAN clients mostly on IGC had only IGC.dll which gave any alerts on virustotal which was IGC.Pua which really isnt a virus, but its impossible to find such one today!

If You are able to provide any server using CLEAN CLIENT give link and I will post results of my check here, THANKS

MemberRank
    Dec 2018 Join Date
    7Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Portofel View Post
    First 4 mu onlines that are in top, are administrated by same admin , same LAME CONFIG,no idea about administration and IT , same bugs,same errors. COpy-paste.

Server are alive for about 2-4 weeks, then dies...then he opens another one,and another one... just for money.

proof>

You are absolutely correct about this. Unfortunately this same owner or owners must have around 10-15 muservers, once one of them stops making money, they close it and open a new one with different name.

They are either cheating votes or paying a lot of money to xtremetop100 where the first 3 top muonline places are servers from this same owner. What he or they do is, once one of those 3 servers stops making money, they close or abandon it, open a new one and change the xtremetop100 listing to reflect to the new server. That's why you will notice those 3 top servers that change name very often but keeping the same site id (they are just changing url and info on the same account).

Sadly, xtremetop100 staff is doing nothing about it, which means that they are probably paying them a good amount of $$ or they just don't care and let them cheat votes with bots.

Also another note is, they always use e-mail for player support in the form of admin@muservername.xxx. They are never using a ticket support system because they can't handle the tickets due to owning 10-15 muservers at the same time. So they prefer to redirect all e-mails to a single source so it can be easier to manage.

Apart from that, it might also be just a single man business or 2 at max. They only care about money, the servers are configured like a noob is behind it, most settings are left default. Almost all their servers have the same style, copy-paste stuff just with different exp/drop.

Another note is, if you play in any of those servers you will notice that most of the time the actual player base inside is very small and has NOTHING to do with what their online count shows in website. Of course they put fake online numbers to make people think their server is crowded.

Finally, they never put paypal or any other payment method where the customer can see their real name because they want to hide all their personal info to make it as anomynous as possible. If you notice they choose only payment methods that are taken care of third parties etc.

Well if you ask me, i wouldn't call them criminals but they are certainly fooling players by opening and closing servers like they were suits, just to make easy money by doing pretty much nothing since they managed to secure their placement on topsites by unfair means.

Proof (from one of the servers that was top 1 on xtremetop100 a few months ago)

Last edited by PollySoul; 10-03-21 at 06:09 PM.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2006 Join Date
    813Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wojtron View Post
    NOPE thats not the case. I play MU Online from season 1 on global and i remember when almost every client was virus free now its almost impossible to find a client without viruses.

It comes not only to main.exe which sometimes is virusfree but then many DLLs have trojan.wacatac or trojan.zexaf trojan.zedaf or another backdoors! And dont tell me its false positive cause when you reverse engineer them they are trojans cause i tried it many times on virtual machines !
    Provide a MUOnline Server link and I will prove you theres a VIRUS not a falsepositive there, otherwise i could even pay to play VIRUS FREE server! Thanks

PS. Old CLEAN clients mostly on IGC had only IGC.dll which gave any alerts on virustotal which was IGC.Pua which really isnt a virus, but its impossible to find such one today!

If You are able to provide any server using CLEAN CLIENT give link and I will post results of my check here, THANKS
    no one will release free unpacked main, because people will sell it, its extremely huje job to unpack and make it fully working, wz are making traps and making developer life harder. u saw legend.mu recently just gave up

Last edited by Ooo Yee; 10-03-21 at 05:27 PM. Reason: cute meme

True MemberRank
    Oct 2006 Join Date
    0x198837ADLocation
    246Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ooo Yee View Post
    no one will release free unpacked main, because people will sell it, its extremely huje job to unpack and make it fully working, wz are making traps and making developer life harder. u saw legend.mu recently just gave up
    Dreams But would be great to have a main source code xDD.

MemberRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    152Posts

Dreams But would be great to have a main source code xDD.
    Not really. Even webzen know´´´´´s that main source is sh*t. Proves? Compare old version vs Season 6 Thai with .map vs IDA Season 7 or higher pseudo deco. 3 diferents main, 3 diferents teams code types, 3 diferents decades, same un-optimized problems. Any real developer, with experience & time, wouldnt waste time on webzen main source. Is better to work on Unity/Unreal or any 3d Engine, trying to replicate everything, like MuLegend did.

------------> Back to thread ideas.
    Is obvious that keep working on webzen base just gave them problems. So much work, so much time, so much legal problems? so much ideas for develop(Win-Win).

There are many muonline clones on Android, even webbrowsers clones. Virus problem on MuOnline? Sure. Every developer wants to protect his own job(False Positive) & if any person got any viruses playing muonline, were cuz someone want it; specially from public repacks(Lot of noobs & pseudo-coders trying to make money).

About Same Admins with same servers with same config, with same names-> Same history from 2006, same from 2012. No one can fight agaisnt that. MuOnline players did not notice that type of info, they just wanna play a bit.

MuOnline history tells a lot of things.
    1 - Webzen appears didnt care mutizens. Check official forums. (If they dont care players, did anyone think that would care us xD?)
    2 - Webzen started to make ther own versions of actual customs.
    3 - Game changed to Pay to Win & no one can reverse it. So players prefers balanced P2W.
    4 - Admins not read any tutorial for settings or study how really work any system.
    5 - Most Admins are young people..... the didnt lived *Gold Era*, dont know all new systems and how to use.(Did webzen do?)
    6 - Real developers code for private use, & public Developers share for make reputation.
    7 - Story Lore were lost after Season 2.(Maybe translation problems).
    8 - Game take mecanics from others MMORPGS and maybe lost her essense(Talking about nostalgic players)

I belive that, this isnt other "Who is better team, who has better files" thread, so i would not talk about this; cuz having any team files, any version or any antihack, will not be any server successfull..

I think a real server is one word. "Market". Without that, is just any repack with a lot of custom that no one uses. Real servers have a big team, have "logic" drops & mobs, have dinamyc market for renovate players, have stability, use special events on cyclic times, generate social interactions.

Others, are just "one more.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2006 Join Date
    0x198837ADLocation
    246Posts

Yeah, I agree. It's easier to rebuild the game from scratch and make a "new MMO" based on Mu using a nowadays game development engines. But yeah, the main sources I've checked under IDA are not even coded by the same team, which made me think that WebZen is hiring game development companies who are making this main based on what WebZen gives them. Not sure WebZen is having more than the Mu trademark and just owning intellectual property of these, but surely, from Season 6, those are not developed by WZ anymore.

Yes, most of the servers and even WebZen went to P2W. I'm not a P2W fan, never was. I am fan of in-game economy. Sure, paying for things like VIP maps which can boost you a bit, or 10-20% more XP boost, it's alright, but having full option items or things like that, it's a no-no for me. That's a "IWantYourMoneyAndDontCareAboutYou" kind of server.

Yes, that's true with the viruses. Most of them are like bitcoin miners integration and hooking on main from some shitty DLL from a stupid repack, but not in every cases. People who are reporting viruses are not developers(probably 70% of them or more aren't) and they can't know about what code alteration could mean for an antivirus which is identifying that portion of code with a Trojan signature.

True MemberRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    Teyvat Location
    732Posts

Do you mean the new servers with like 500-1000 players that have been popping up this couple a few years now? yeah I've been thinking that they're being run by the same people as well, but there are also some people me who returns to MU once in a blue moon and not care about the player count but still wants to try and run a server just for nostalgia or just a hobbyist administrator, I'd reckon at this point for me personally MU has become like creative-mode Minecraft in terms of the building aspect since it's simple to configure if you just public files/non-coding.

But back to the topic at hand, so far from what I've been seeing these couple years when I return to MU, they always somehow use the same style of advertising banners even (some character attacking a monster whilst showing damage numbers).
    "Long ago, people looked to the stars, believing they influenced us. Soon, it will be us who influence the stars."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement