Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Stop using XAMPP

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I know it hurts the truth but that's life learn to accept :laugh:

Then please learn to accept the truth. Yes xampp is good to start with but it's not meant for production environment. You're seriously the biggest troll here on ragezone and should have been banned a long time ago. NoBrain has pointed out perfect facts. And your stuck in your beginner and free mind state. NoBrain please stop arguing with him he literally knows nothing he even thinks he can block a Major DDOS attack with free software. He used to do this in the mu online section all the time.

Back to the point. Xampp is not secure. Apache is terrible. It's great for starting out even though they are better options. But Xampp should not be used at this point of time and really Masteru? bringing back up sql 2000? The only reason you use it cause you can't figure out how to work the new ones begging in the mu online section asking for people to help you figure it out even though they are 1000+ tutorials for it. So please shut up. Your web is not secure. You can be DDOS and hacked easily with XAMPP. but it doesn't matter cause you keep making different servers every month and keep fighting with people saying old software is the best you know they are a reason why new software comes out right? But have fun trolling the community.

Have a good day.

Retired
Reaction score
xampp is very good and you have no problem with hackers [Stop lying] I know from experience because I used for years
This statement only proves that you are clueless about security.

xampp is very good
This is a subjective opinion, and you are not even bringing up anything to back your argument.

you have no problem with hackers [Stop lying] I know from experience because I used for years

What you are saying is that if you are using XAMPP, you are (based on YOUR experience) guarantee not to have any hackers exploiting your website. Even if there was a security hole in Apache that gets discovered shortly after reading this was discovered, you are saying that you are still protected, and you will not get hacked, based on your experience. Because you used it. For years.

To go on with this argument about security vs. ease-of-use, states:
It takes a bit of knowledge and time to configure XAMPP to become secure enough for production use (and this is the reason why people keep telling you not to do it)

In other words, it is easier to secure a set-up that does not use XAMPP. There are also people , , (under "Is XAMPP production ready?") saying very explicitly you should not use XAMPP in production, and if you do, you should probably not be responsible for running a web server in the first place.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Saying XAMPP is the best or a good PHP production environment is just the same like saying you believe the earth is flat even though there's so much evidence it is not. Even the creators of the XAMPP are saying in the first few sentences of the website it's a development environment:

Lautaro - Stop using XAMPP - RaGEZONE Forums

XAMPP may be really good for development purposes, but if you decide to host your website on a production environment (live), you shouldn't even be thinking about XAMPP. It's not secure, it's not light weighted, it does not do what has to be done on a production environment. People claiming they haven't had any security issues with XAMPP are usually sites which (with no offense) no one really cares about.

The Supreme King
Reaction score
Then please learn to accept the truth. Yes xampp is good to start with but it's not meant for production environment. You're seriously the biggest troll here on ragezone and should have been banned a long time ago. NoBrain has pointed out perfect facts. And your stuck in your beginner and free mind state. NoBrain please stop arguing with him he literally knows nothing he even thinks he can block a Major DDOS attack with free software. He used to do this in the mu online section all the time.

Back to the point. Xampp is not secure. Apache is terrible. It's great for starting out even though they are better options. But Xampp should not be used at this point of time and really Masteru? bringing back up sql 2000? The only reason you use it cause you can't figure out how to work the new ones begging in the mu online section asking for people to help you figure it out even though they are 1000+ tutorials for it. So please shut up. Your web is not secure. You can be DDOS and hacked easily with XAMPP. but it doesn't matter cause you keep making different servers every month.

Have a good day.

I was sure this guy again :laugh: what you said ? block big DDOS attack with free software I never said that I said you can reduce the attack but it does not mean you can stop it

the biggest troll I am ? do not make me laugh :laugh: maybe you are especially how you cry and bring old messages that are unrelated to the topic

In my opinion you should have banned long ago especially how you attack the users when they do not know something :laugh:

It is not a shame to ask for help If you do not get it maybe in your mind it's a shame this is your problem :laugh:

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)
Reaction score
Everything about xampp security and xampp not being recommended for production enviroments its even posted in , just take a minute to read it all before using it for production.

PS: Anyone who wants to argue with masteru dont waste your time, the guy its pretty much a lost cause when it comes to old stuff and insecure software.

cMu

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Everything about xampp security and xampp not being recommended for production enviroments its even posted in , just take a minute to read it all before using it for production.

PS: Anyone who wants to argue with masteru dont waste your time, the guy its pretty much a lost cause when it comes to old stuff and insecure software.
MySQL is not useable in MuOnline
axtually I remove all FileZilla staff and FTP so if you know what to leave it's pretty good, maybe you say it's for development only but it's good for actually site, there is no hackers problems with xampp (at list in my).

The Supreme King
Reaction score
MySQL is not useable in MuOnline
axtually I remove all FileZilla staff and FTP so if you know what to leave it's pretty good, maybe you say it's for development only but it's good for actually site, there is no hackers problems with xampp (at list in my).

Very correct what you said now when i install my xampp i select only apache I do not need anything else then i just delete from xampp phpMyAdmin and do other security that I need to secure my xampp

Then you just check with localhost/security/index.php :laugh:

Second protection secure your localhost/security/index.php :laugh:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So First all over all i want to say IF you use xampp, delete all folders AND PHPMYADMIN AND ALL ANOTHER FOLDERS WHERE YOU CAN BE INJECTED FROM THEM expect php apache htdocs fastcgi (and if you use some another service folder ....)
Second go to httpd.conf and play a little with the settings
3rd add some mod_security and or bandwitch module and youre the guy but first must do these things before start ANY WebServer Anywhere i say it like a Proffessionalist BOSS
the warning come from that - the xampp is desinged for easy access from everywhere because its for developers ... so you must config it right and will have no problems but need a lot of config change ..

Last edited:
Reaction score
So First all over all i want to say IF you use xampp, delete all folders AND PHPMYADMIN AND ALL ANOTHER FOLDERS WHERE YOU CAN BE INJECTED FROM THEM expect php apache htdocs fastcgi (and if you use some another service folder ....)
Second go to httpd.conf and play a little with the settings
3rd add some mod_security and or bandwitch module and youre the guy but first must do these things before start ANY WebServer Anywhere i say it like a Proffessionalist BOSS
the warning come from that - the xampp is desinged for easy access from everywhere because its for developers ... so you must config it right and will have no problems but need a lot of config change ..

everythin sounds right but a heavy proper ddos attack will still kick the xampp down no matter what network you have but the rest is just a plus security, u just get luck and unlucky when u publish a server in terms for hax

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
everythin sounds right but a heavy proper ddos attack will still kick the xampp down no matter what network you have but the rest is just a plus security, u just get luck and unlucky when u publish a server in terms for hax
Even the most elite hosting companies uses the same software who is included in the xampp but they use some mod_security PACKS of INSTRUCTIONS + some apache modules .... its the same software .. but with different settings ... mod_evalse on xampp is enought for a DDOS attack ... mod_security2 + open source instructions set = heavy ddos security too + some help from the god = no problems :) all its from that how you config the things ... if you have a money to buy next get firewall you will be the guy :cool: :D

All over all - the most importmant thing is: you canT start a website with DEFAULT Installation Config of the xampp, you first gotta edit the config files ... and delete phpmyadmin and other folders expect these who you use htdocs apache mssql ... and install a mod_bandwitch & mod_security :) thats what i can say as a "PRO"

as i say the xampp is configurated by default to beeasy to access -its for developers gotta just change the configuration file settings and no problems to use it ... why its bad to use it its the same software as everywhere just more to access configuration settings ?!

btw did you hear about the
"layer "9" ddos"

Last edited:
Back